Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 05-04-2020, 10:18 PM   #1
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Ex-C7 Owner looking into an 2SS 1LE

Hey everyone, new member here, and I am looking to pick up a 19 2SS 1LE later this week.

A little bit of history, about three weeks back, I was looking to purchase a C7, but then on another car forum, someone mentioned his Camaro SS 1LE and I was surprised to learn that it's a very capable car, pretty much on par with a C7 Z51. So my choice was between a used 15 C7 Z51 2LT M7 in Velocity Yellow Tintcoat and a new but discounted 19 Camaro 2SS 1LE in shock, as both were similarly priced. I initially chose the C7 because of the look and I just wanted a C7 from the beginning.

Not that the 2SS 1LE is bad, and I wished it to be going to a good home. For one thing, I think the visibility issue is blown out of proportion by the Internet. It's not the best in the world, but it's also not as dangerous as some try to make it. I initially didn't like the facelift, either, but it's starting to grow on me after a while. The extra tech pieces are nice as well.

Well, my C7 experience didn't last long. About 10 days after I picked up the C7, a flood hit my area and my wishful thinking cost me the C7 as I didn't get out with the car while I could have done so. I had to evacuate and leave it behind, and it was totaled as a result. Luckily, I have comprehensive coverage, and insurance will cover it.

So I am back into the market, again. There are a few C7 around, but I decided to give the Camaro 2SS 1LE another go. I can think of a few reasons for this:

- C7 7-speed isn't that good to use. It's especially easy to get into the wrong gear if you skip gears.

- It gets too much attention to my liking. Camaro is more low-key and I prefer that; it should get some attention, but not to the point that it's gonna get a bit too much.

- I don't think I can look at a C7 for a while without thinking of my flooded one.

After some back and forth with the dealer, I managed to get CAN$52.6k(US$37.4k) including tax. I am hopefully going to pick up the car this weekend.

Looking forward to joining the community. Hopefully, this ownership will last many, many years longer than the C7.

It's a long first post, so the TL;DR is just that I owned a C7, mother nature yanked it away from me, and now I am getting into a SS 1LE.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 05:54 AM   #2
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Wow, what a story! Unfortunate about the C7, that is truly a heartbreak.

But....you will love the Camaro! 1LE is definitely the way to go!

Welcome and good luck with that Camaro, you will not be disappointed!
Nothing like an SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:50 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 05-05-2020, 08:02 AM   #4
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Nice buy

Silver flies under the radar that yellow C7 or Green 1LE probably not

To bad about your Vette though :(
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:19 PM   #5
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing like an SS View Post
Wow, what a story! Unfortunate about the C7, that is truly a heartbreak.

But....you will love the Camaro! 1LE is definitely the way to go!

Welcome and good luck with that Camaro, you will not be disappointed!
Yeah, it's an odd experience for sure. Lots of twists and turns and now I am here.

The flooded C7 is sad, but I am more or less starting to get over it. As much as I like cars, they are replaceable, and I am honestly one of the luckier people who are not as heavily impacted. There are people who lost their houses due to the flood.

And I know, I am looking forward to the Camaro experience. IMO, it is a dark horse and I love that aspect of it. Some people think they are 4000+ pound American ponies that can't handle, but in reality, the 1LE(and even the regular SS) are capable cars that give C7 Stingray and some German sports cars a run for their money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Thanks, and TBH, this place looks to be a lot calmer than some of the car forums out there, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
Nice buy

Silver flies under the radar that yellow C7 or Green 1LE probably not

To bad about your Vette though :(
And yeah, the Camaro still has a flashy colour, but at least it shouldn't garner too much attention like the Vette. In my friend's words, it's a more "normal" car than the Vette which looks like a supercar.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote