Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 10-29-2018, 07:58 PM   #127
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
I don't see how solid bushings could NOT degrade the ride and interior noise. You have less isolation. Rubber is used for a reason.
I was concerned about it before I had it done, but I have 1,500 miles on them already and I can tell you there is ZERO difference in NVH.

Don't forget, you still have bushings in all the arms and links.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:16 PM   #128
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
The Alpha was built for Caddys, it probably wasn't until they made the ZL1 years later that anyone even tried to solid-mount the rear end.
DaveC113 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:28 PM   #129
Pollock
LT4 M6

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
Not sure what to say, other than the engineers are not going to tune and install cradle bushings for no reason. It would be much easier for them to solid mount it, and call it a day.
Install solid bushings and see for yourself. I promise you you wont regret it.
Even when I added poly craddle bushing to my 2011. It was insane how much better the car handled and rode. The shocks were doing the work instead of the bushings and the rear end stopped wandering.

I have no idea why GM uses the soft bushings. Not every engineer engineers stuff for the best.
Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:33 PM   #130
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock View Post
Install solid bushings and see for yourself. I promise you you wont regret it.
Even when I added poly craddle bushing to my 2011. It was insane how much better the car handled and rode. The shocks were doing the work instead of the bushings and the rear end stopped wandering.

I have no idea why GM uses the soft bushings. Not every engineer engineers stuff for the best.
I guess that's why the ZLE has no rubber in the suspension except for the tires.

My car is solid now without a hint of this issue.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:35 PM   #131
Pollock
LT4 M6

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I guess that's why the ZLE has no rubber in the suspension except for the tires.

My car is solid now without a hint of this issue.
Other than the stiff racing shocks the car rides great.
Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:26 PM   #132
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftLanezl1 View Post
The cradle bushings in the IRS suck. The rear cradle and the toe rods and control arms are junk. Spend 700 and get BMR stuff and ZL1 1LE Solid Rear Cradle Mounts from gm for 375. Mustang and camaros IRS suck when it comes to the bushing causing the cradle to move around and wheel hop.

This this and more of this. I bought every BMR suspension part for the rear and I have no floatyness at all. Even on DR's. The stock crap is that...............crap.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:28 PM   #133
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock View Post
Other than the stiff racing shocks the car rides great.
Yup... drove Detroit to Houston... Loved it
Old 10-29-2018, 10:35 PM   #134
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I might have got a Wednesday car but my ZL1 is SOLID as hell. Absolutely the most solid car I've driven at high speed other than my Z06 which is about equal or maybe a touch better. Hammer it at 80+ MPH in Drive and just let it rip, one hand on the wheel, like being on rails. I wonder if just getting under some of these wiggly cars and taking apart/tightening everything would change it alone. This is an aspect Chevrolet R&Ded probably a few million more times than any aftermarket company could afford to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Yup... drove Detroit to Houston... Loved it
You came to Detroit and didn't PM me

Just kidding Mike, hope you enjoy the new ride.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:03 AM   #135
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I might have got a Wednesday car but my ZL1 is SOLID as hell. Absolutely the most solid car I've driven at high speed other than my Z06 which is about equal or maybe a touch better. Hammer it at 80+ MPH in Drive and just let it rip, one hand on the wheel, like being on rails. I wonder if just getting under some of these wiggly cars and taking apart/tightening everything would change it alone. This is an aspect Chevrolet R&Ded probably a few million more times than any aftermarket company could afford to.

I don't doubt that is how you feel, but you have to remember that everybody has their base frame of reference.

If you have driven a car with the rear-end hard mounted to the frame (especially at length and at 10/10ths, and then drive one that is not in the same manner, I promise you, you will see the difference.

I am a handling whore and when I push a car hard around corners and you have less than perfect pavement or quick transitions, I want the car planted, direct, and stable as hell.

Trust me from someone who did the swap last month and has taken the same roads, corners, quick lane changes. IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

But again, it is all based on one's previous experiences and baseline reference. The same can be said about speed and acceleration, everyone's base line is different.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:45 AM   #136
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut2006 View Post
Sounds like something is wrong with your car. I have been to the drag strip and made multiple runs and a few high speed runs when visiting "Mexico". I feel that my ZL1 is more confidence inspiring than my Corvette at any speed or acceleration.
Drag racing here too. But not a 1LE, an A10. Arrow straight at 125. However with ET Streets SSes its got a noticeable wiggle on the big end.

Ted Jennety's ZLE had a big sidestep under power. He took it to the dealer and as I remember Chevy fixed with a tire change. But not sure about that.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:23 PM   #137
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post

The entire Detroit Camaro Club was there... Blame Becky..
Old 10-30-2018, 02:21 PM   #138
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
He took it to the dealer and as I remember Chevy fixed with a tire change. But not sure about that.
I followed his thread and it ended up being bad tires. Tire swap fixed the problem
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:07 PM   #139
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
I don't doubt that is how you feel, but you have to remember that everybody has their base frame of reference.

If you have driven a car with the rear-end hard mounted to the frame (especially at length and at 10/10ths, and then drive one that is not in the same manner, I promise you, you will see the difference.

I am a handling whore and when I push a car hard around corners and you have less than perfect pavement or quick transitions, I want the car planted, direct, and stable as hell.

Trust me from someone who did the swap last month and has taken the same roads, corners, quick lane changes. IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

But again, it is all based on one's previous experiences and baseline reference. The same can be said about speed and acceleration, everyone's base line is different.
Yeah you're right. My baseline is I used to race several different divisions of actual open wheel race cars, one step down from Indy, as well as stock car divisions. I've been 160+ MPH around corners before. I've also driven/raced many supercars that are considered top of the food chain such as GT3 RS, Turbo S, 458, and a Huracan. My baseline for handling and feel is VERY high. I'm not coming from a station wagon...So when I say my C7 Z06 or ZL1 feels incredibly solid at high speed, I'm comparing it against cars that are WAY above its class.

Last edited by Can'tHave2MuchHP; 10-30-2018 at 09:29 PM.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:14 PM   #140
ScottMZ3

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10, 2019 BMW X5
I’ve got an appt at the dealer for my ZL1 next Monday for an oil change...also going to have them look at the wandering issue on the road. The best way I can describe my issue is that if I hold the steering wheel perfectly straight, the car will wander around the road with cracks, bumps, and ruts in the pavement. As the car does this the steering wheel doesn’t really move at all...it’s like there is slack in the steering rack that is allowing the wheel angle to change without any input from the steering wheel.

Maybe it is just tires, but I want them to check everything out!