Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #57
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

Looks awesome!!
Looks like the stripes do have a little transparency in them or a little metallic flake? No sure.
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:31 PM   #58
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Dude, I dont know every one another thread is complaining about the flat black stripes. In my opinion, I really love it. Congrats man. I am certainly digging the color scheme.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #59
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Drives: 2SS RS, SIM, 6pd, 20"Alum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-er View Post
Before I decide to go with these stripes, I'd like to know what kind of maintenance is required to keep them looking nice. How hard is it to keep a consistent "sheen" across the surface? I believe flat black paint is a bear to keep clean, is the vinyl the same way? I'm afraid it will attract all kinds of debris, smudges, wax, etc, and be very hard to clean off.

I can imagine wearing shiny spots into the vinyl after rubbing it while trying to clean them.
I believe you wash and wax them as normal...I'm going to today..will update my progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarolt76 View Post
Thanks for the videos of the stripes installation. I noticed that the rear spoiler was removed while he was installing the rear stripe on the trunk lid. Is there a seperate small stripe which installs on the rear spoiler? If so then I am thinking there will be aftermarket spoiler stripe kits which will take the stripe over the back of the rear spoiler.
Yes, you HAVE to remove the rear spoiler to get the trunk stripes on. You have to remove the carpet from the trunk lid...it's somewhat of a pain...and be REALLY careful..don't want any bolts or washers dropping down in your trunk lid.

Yes, there is a separate small stripe for the spoiler. And yes again, there will be aftermarket stripes I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
they're on crooked...j/k.

it looks good, but stripes aren't for me. Attracts too much attention from the popo.

BTW, is there a glossy stripe package?
Black is the only FLAT Rally stripe. All other Rally stripes are glossy.

ALL Hockey stripes are Flat from what I hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion007 View Post
May is suggest since you will be getting an extra set of front stripes that you could have your installer trim a small piece off to go over the spoiler. I think this would give you car a unique look as well as the stripes matching perfectly.
From what I'm told, you can order "individual" stripes - I'm not sure if this is just for warranty or what.... Anyway, I won't be getting another "full" package - or so I don't think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
Question for you, Embalmer... how long did the stripes take to install?
I was there about 3 hours.... but we didn't get everything done obviously. :(

Thanks to everyone and your replies. NOW time, to go detail her
Embalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:25 PM   #60
Wolverine

Drives: RX-8
Stripes looks great! HID looks great!
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #61
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
i dont wanna be a debbie downer...but is it just me or is the top part of the driver side stripe closer to the middle line of the power buldge? it may just be the angle but it looks that way to me? still looks great either way, im just curious if it is or its me...
Old 04-24-2009, 05:23 PM   #62
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Stripes look great! The flat black looks better than I thought it would. Sorry to hear about the back stripes. I would have been more pissed than you were.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #63
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
That was an absolute PERFECT post... Thanks Embalmer!!!! Your car Rocks

You mentioned they could be changed. Any idea how difficult this process is?
Old 04-24-2009, 05:48 PM   #64
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
Those would look sick on a black Camaro...they would be so suddle, yet so menacing looking.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #65
96_2010_CAMARO

Drives: 2012 SIM Camaro 2SS/RS , 2010 Tahoe
Send a message via MSN to 96_2010_CAMARO
Looks great
Old 04-24-2009, 08:21 PM   #66
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
i dont wanna be a debbie downer...but is it just me or is the top part of the driver side stripe closer to the middle line of the power buldge? it may just be the angle but it looks that way to me? still looks great either way, im just curious if it is or its me...
It shouldn't be any closer...but the angle is not exactly the same as the passenger side.

You are the first person to notice.

The driver's side stripe is actually getting replaced the same time the trunk is going to be done....

With that said getting these stripes EXACT - probably will not happen for MOST stripes. Very very close is going to have to be good enough I think.... and for me it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
That was an absolute PERFECT post... Thanks Embalmer!!!! Your car Rocks

You mentioned they could be changed. Any idea how difficult this process is?
Thanks man. Yea I LOVE this car..

The guys said all you need is "heat" to take off the stripes...and mentioned the longer they are on there - the harder they are to get off. Didn't sound too complicated though.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:30 PM   #67
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Sorry have to disagree if that's the look I'm going to have mine painted on. I'll end up e-baying mine. Too bad I didn't use my head and not order them until after the started to show up. Important thing is if you likem that's all that counts good luck
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:38 PM   #68
FUTURE TOP DOG OWNER

Drives: future 500+hp Z28
Is anyone thinking this guy should at least take his ring off and not be wearing blue jeans rubbing up against the car!!! I'd be checking for scratches
big time!!!
FUTURE TOP DOG OWNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:42 PM   #69
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embalmer View Post
It shouldn't be any closer...but the angle is not exactly the same as the passenger side.

You are the first person to notice.

The driver's side stripe is actually getting replaced the same time the trunk is going to be done....

With that said getting these stripes EXACT - probably will not happen for MOST stripes. Very very close is going to have to be good enough I think.... and for me it is.

Thanks man. Yea I LOVE this car..

The guys said all you need is "heat" to take off the stripes...and mentioned the longer they are on there - the harder they are to get off. Didn't sound too complicated though.
I'm picky about the stripes too. I noticed that also but I didn't want to ruin your day. If I were YOU I would do the below....)

You have to do most of it over again, just order the CGM stripes, they are glossy...

-bobby
Old 04-24-2009, 08:54 PM   #70
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
I'm picky about the stripes too. I noticed that also but I didn't want to ruin your day. If I were YOU I would do the below....)

You have to do most of it over again, just order the CGM stripes, they are glossy...

-bobby
I honestly considered that option... but since the stripe guy made a mistake they are "warranty'ing" the stripes that I ordered...

If I want CGM stripes I'd have to pay another $470 for them or whatever... Honestly I really like these stripes they way they look now. If I see glossy CGM on silver in the future and decide to change my mind, I'll fork out the cash. Until then, I am a happy camper.