Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #85
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
they said last year, this summer will be 5 dollar gas. but it never happen. this time i guess it seems more serious.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #86
RustyNail19

Drives: A car
I love how when something like this happens all of a sudden everyone becomes valve experts and they know why the BP thing happened along with knowing all about economics around the cause of gas prices. Anyone who gets their information from the media might as well come up with their own explanation because it's probably about as accurate. Thanks SSE 4 2SS for giving some truth when you seem to actually know what you're talking about.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #87
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
If its $5.00 average, then i'll have to plan on california being about $5.75 since this state always has to one up the rest of the country on its douchebaggery
Old 02-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #88
CajunSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
What's next, an electric camaro ss ? (super surge) !!No what we need is just one blend of gas, that would help bring down the price by itself.

What do you think an electric camaro would run in 1/4 mile ? 36.55 ?
Old 02-24-2012, 03:55 PM   #89
ny27la

Drives: 2012 Black LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by proxemics View Post
true
Some of you people are just plain ignorant and racist!
Old 02-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #90
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyNail19 View Post
I love how when something like this happens all of a sudden everyone becomes valve experts and they know why the BP thing happened along with knowing all about economics around the cause of gas prices. Anyone who gets their information from the media might as well come up with their own explanation because it's probably about as accurate. Thanks SSE 4 2SS for giving some truth when you seem to actually know what you're talking about.
For your information, I am an API 510 inspector in refineries and I HAVE to HAVE knoewledge of all sorts of valves used in oil refineries. I dont get my info from the media because I DONT watch television unless its discovery channel or walking dead on AMC. I DONT read newpapers either. So take your bologna somewhere else if you're refering to me.

SSE 4 2SS, I'm fully aware of what youre talking about when you speak of humans "overlooking" things in your industry as it happens everywhere. In refineries, I can call a deficiency, but usually I know the refinery wont repair or fix the issue. But I still make them aware in case a court matter comes my way, I can say see? I told ya so! Not sure if API inspectors are found on drilling rigs. Before the oil spill, it was rare to find one out there because most platforms or rigs were exempt. Since then, they introduced a new addendum into API 510 inspection on offshore platforms. From what I understand MMS (Minerals Management Services) has been run off? I know for the longest time they were 3rd arty who inspected platforms and such but I dont know if they still exist or not.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Old 02-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #91
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
If its $5.00 average, then i'll have to plan on california being about $5.75 since this state always has to one up the rest of the country on its douchebaggery
Chicago may have you beat. We put some special pixie dust in the gas so it's better on the environment, causing gas prices to be higher than anyplace else on the planet.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #92
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
Chicago may have you beat. We put some special pixie dust in the gas so it's better on the environment, causing gas prices to be higher than anyplace else on the planet.
Note to self: When leaving CA, don't move to Chicago.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #93
blk96gt

Drives: 11 SS(sold),96 Mustang,12 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
For your information, I am an API 510 inspector in refineries and I HAVE to HAVE knoewledge of all sorts of valves used in oil refineries. I dont get my info from the media because I DONT watch television unless its discovery channel or walking dead on AMC. I DONT read newpapers either. So take your bologna somewhere else if you're refering to me.

SSE 4 2SS, I'm fully aware of what youre talking about when you speak of humans "overlooking" things in your industry as it happens everywhere. In refineries, I can call a deficiency, but usually I know the refinery wont repair or fix the issue. But I still make them aware in case a court matter comes my way, I can say see? I told ya so! Not sure if API inspectors are found on drilling rigs. Before the oil spill, it was rare to find one out there because most platforms or rigs were exempt. Since then, they introduced a new addendum into API 510 inspection on offshore platforms. From what I understand MMS (Minerals Management Services) has been run off? I know for the longest time they were 3rd arty who inspected platforms and such but I dont know if they still exist or not.
MMS has been replace by the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) and the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE). They visit/inspect drilling rigs at least once a month. They usually inspect paperwork, BOP and casing tests, and things of that nature. They also manage the regulations and permits for offshore drilling. SSE 4 2SS probably know more about what they do than me, since I don't have to deal with them much for my job.

SSE 4 2SS:
Are you a Subsea Engineer?
Old 02-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #94
RustyNail19

Drives: A car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post

Not sure why you thought it was aimed at you, but it wasn't. You seem to have some knowledge on the subject and are actually listening to what the guy who works with these things has to say so like I said, not aimed at you. It was aimed at people who throw out personal theories on why things happened based on what they "see on tv" when they have no idea what they're talking about. It's also aimed at people who say their comments aren't "political" then praise someone in office now for signing environmental policies (wonder who that is) then bash someone who "helped drive prices up while in office for 8 years" (wonder who that is).
Old 02-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #95
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyNail19 View Post
Not sure why you thought it was aimed at you, but it wasn't. You seem to have some knowledge on the subject and are actually listening to what the guy who works with these things has to say so like I said, not aimed at you. It was aimed at people who throw out personal theories on why things happened based on what they "see on tv" when they have no idea what they're talking about. It's also aimed at people who say their comments aren't "political" then praise someone in office now for signing environmental policies (wonder who that is) then bash someone who "helped drive prices up while in office for 8 years" (wonder who that is).
Thx for the clarification lol anyone praisng our new found glory of a president shouldn't drive a camaro IMO if they're going to bitch about gas prices.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Old 02-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #96
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
MMS has been replace by the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) and the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE). They visit/inspect drilling rigs at least once a month. They usually inspect paperwork, BOP and casing tests, and things of that nature. They also manage the regulations and permits for offshore drilling. SSE 4 2SS probably know more about what they do than me, since I don't have to deal with them much for my job.

SSE 4 2SS:
Are you a Subsea Engineer?
yes I am a subsea engineer...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
Old 02-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #97
shines

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersXXIX View Post
If a barrel of oil cost less than what it did back when gas was 4 dollars plus, why the hell isn't gas cheaper? bs to me.
Simple, refining capacity fluctuations
Old 02-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #98
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post

There's a BP gas station by my work in downtown Chicago that has to have one of the highest prices in all of the country. Like you said, Chicago is ridiculously more expensive than the majority of the country, but this particular gas station is always $.30+ above the average price in the city. They must really load up on the pixie dust

Closed Thread