Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2014, 11:22 PM   #43
txferrari
 
txferrari's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Z06/7.
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Katy
Posts: 309
There were 2 at the dealership I bought my ZL from. Took 3 weeks for me to get my ZL. Those Z's were gone by the time I picked up my ZL. They were asking $75k.
txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:02 PM   #44
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature
 
Drives: Mini Cooper S
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central FL
Posts: 2,300
No way in hell would I ever drop $65K on a new car only to be sweatin' my @ss off in the typical balmy summertime weather in FL.

Then again, I wouldn't drop that kind of money on any Camaro ever again. I sold my 2013 ZL1 back in Feb and I'm still slapping myself silly for spending what I did on that car. That regret haunts me every day. :(
__________________
bumblebeecamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:15 PM   #45
Front Runner

 
Front Runner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 1,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Every dealer in town here has at least 1 on the show room floor. So unless CA has 15 and AZ has the other 6-7 then there are more than 21 out there for sale.


There are a least two within 15 miles of me. Have not checked other dealers in the area. I believe there are more than 21 nationwide.
__________________

2016 Nightfall Gray Camaro SS
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:32 PM   #46
jim911
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2014 E63 AMG Wagon,
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 76
$6900 off MSRP

Today several cars have been reduced to $69400. Great prices on 14s
jim911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #47
Col. Brain
 
Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Otherside of the screen
Posts: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim911 View Post
Today several cars have been reduced to $69400. Great prices on 14s
I called on that 66k Z/28 and was told 0% offer did not apply to the Z/28.

Does anyone in here know if you can get the 0% offer on the Z/28s or was this more dealer bullshit?

(and im starting to think dealer bullshit is why some of these cars just sit)
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:21 PM   #48
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature
 
Drives: Mini Cooper S
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central FL
Posts: 2,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Brain View Post
I called on that 66k Z/28 and was told 0% offer did not apply to the Z/28.

Does anyone in here know if you can get the 0% offer on the Z/28s or was this more dealer bullshit?

(and im starting to think dealer bullshit is why some of these cars just sit)
That's why a lot of these types of cars sit. Dealers think they're holding some sort of rare Earth gem so therefore they think they can charge whatever they want and people will pay.

This is where having more money than brains comes in to effect.
__________________
bumblebeecamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:21 PM   #49
Snakedriver
 
Snakedriver's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Only certain people want to drop 75 grand on a single purpose car that really isn't that useful on the street. Looks like all of them got one.
Exactly! The Z28's are going to Tank in price before production ends. Very limited market for this car at $76K.
Snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:28 PM   #50
Muscle Car Memories

 
Muscle Car Memories's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
Exactly! The Z28's are going to Tank in price before production ends. Very limited market for this car at $76K.
I agree, way over priced and not how the Z/28 was intended to be. It used to be a "working man's" Hot-Rod but its priced itself way out of that market and only people who have cash to blow on one can afford it...
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:01 PM   #51
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 6,522
Where the hell do you get the idea the Z/28 was a working man's hot rod? The Z/28 was built to homologate the car for Trans Am racing. It just happened to be cheap to build the car back then but there was significantly less engineering put into the car.

Now, if you are talking about the Z28 cars without the slash, that's a different story.
Bhobbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:11 PM   #52
LStick

 
LStick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 2LS Red Rock
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Streetsboro Ohio
Posts: 1,314
A/C delete in black, for sale South of the Mason Dixon Line= You can cook a pot roast in this thing on a sunny day.
__________________
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:25 PM   #53
DDoug
 
DDoug's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 Inferno Orange ZL1 Convertible
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The 313
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
Exactly! The Z28's are going to Tank in price before production ends. Very limited market for this car at $76K.
Please! Please! Purrdy Please!

In the next six months? $60k? I wanna tune my cristal ball to your channel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LStick View Post
A/C delete in black, for sale South of the Mason Dixon Line= You can cook a pot roast in this thing on a sunny day.
Mmmmmm, pot roast!
__________________
DDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:41 PM   #54
kevinw

 
Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: kansas city
Posts: 1,765
i dont understand GM's pricing ladder and schedule and why prices "overlap" onto other models.
i dont see the value in a Z28 when there are other models which come quite close for less money. the ZL1 still seems to be the better value at alot lesss money. and if I was going to spend 75K for a chevy, i can buy a new 14 vette convertible for less and probably have just as fast a car, and one which has more market appeal and probalby hold its value better in the long run. the Z28 is so limited, which, could be good and bad. good in that the rairity of the vehicle could hold value, but, the bad that not as many people want it now, or maybe later.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:44 PM   #55
JackalopeZL1
 
JackalopeZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 481
I think the z28 will hold it's value better than a vette.. But for the money I do not understand the z28 price what so ever vs the zl1..
__________________
2013 Silver ZL1
JackalopeZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:15 AM   #56
Zfatuated

 
Zfatuated's Avatar
 
Drives: BAC Mono
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Reno
Posts: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
i dont understand GM's pricing ladder and schedule and why prices "overlap" onto other models.
i dont see the value in a Z28 when there are other models which come quite close for less money. the ZL1 still seems to be the better value at alot lesss money. and if I was going to spend 75K for a chevy, i can buy a new 14 vette convertible for less and probably have just as fast a car, and one which has more market appeal and probalby hold its value better in the long run. the Z28 is so limited, which, could be good and bad. good in that the rairity of the vehicle could hold value, but, the bad that not as many people want it now, or maybe later.
People like you are why manufacturers so rarely invest the time, money and effort into creating truly amazing cars like the Z/28.

The Z/28 value proposition is emotion, visceral reward and track-focused engineering excellence.

Some people get it, some don't.
__________________
2014 Z/28, White
"I wasn't asked to make it cheap...I was asked to make it FAST!" Mark Stielow, the new Z/28.

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.