Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-11-2019, 10:55 AM   #15
GodWentPunk

Drives: 2015 2SS White Convertible CE/INDY
Quote:
Originally Posted by skongolf View Post
Gonna do whatever they say at the shop to get the best performance. I didnt think my exhaust had the butterly valves.

I just saw you have a 2011 and I think the earlier models didn't, but I can't recall when they started using them.

When I get my work done, I'm going 3in from the cats all the way to the muffler replacing the resonator/butterfly valves with a x-pipe. I will then also be getting a tune to stop the O2 censors for going off all the time. Plus, the tune will get rid of the AFM (which is what the butterfly valves were to help with).

joe...
Old 01-17-2019, 10:06 PM   #16
Adeeyos

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Vert
We have Kooks LTH, high flow cats and a solo catback. Couldn't be happier. It's quiet inside even with the top down, but from what I have heard, it is pretty aggressive sounding from behind when you get on it.
Adeeyos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:39 PM   #17
KROLIS

Drives: 2017 2LT/RS & 2013 2LT/RS vert
Have https://www.shopmrt.com/91A177-p/91a177.htm
on mine
KROLIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:42 PM   #18
skongolf

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Black Vert
Well I just got the Kooks long tubes with catted pipes put on and it sounds great and with the tune it is a whole different car. BUT it now drones like a mofo at 60-70mph. I know this is due to the combo with the Flowmaster cat back I had as there was some drone before the headers. So not I have some thinking to do. Definitely going to need a different cat back or something as the drone is bad. Thinking Solo but I also saw that ARH is a good system. Any ideas?
skongolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:28 AM   #19
GodWentPunk

Drives: 2015 2SS White Convertible CE/INDY
I have ARH headers, HFC, x-pipe system but, I'll not be putting that on until sometime in the spring. I'll be using my Legato mufflers that I had on before my muffler delete which at that point, was drone free.

joe...
Old 02-21-2019, 08:16 PM   #20
72-droptop

Drives: 2013 SS Dusk Edition Convertible
Borla Touring system....first. Quieter with the top down. After a while when the system built up some carbon, the sound got even quieter. I change out the cat back to a Borla S type. At the same time i changed out the stock cross brace for an ARH Cross brace. This dropped down and stopped the knocking on the stock brace.
1998 Cadillac Eldorado
2018 Tahoe RST Performance Edition
72-droptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:30 PM   #21
skongolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72-droptop View Post
Borla Touring system....first. Quieter with the top down. After a while when the system built up some carbon, the sound got even quieter. I change out the cat back to a Borla S type. At the same time i changed out the stock cross brace for an ARH Cross brace. This dropped down and stopped the knocking on the stock brace.
Any drone at all with the Borla set up? I watched the video they have on thier site and on here and the S and the ATAK sound the best to me. Who did you buy te ARH cross brace through?
Old 02-23-2019, 09:00 AM   #22
72-droptop

There is a little drone with the S setup...not enough that i would change anything. I picked up the ARH cross brace on Ebay Used....in great condition. I lucked out on that buy.
Attached Images

1998 Cadillac Eldorado
Old 02-23-2019, 09:27 AM   #23
skongolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72-droptop View Post
There is a little drone with the S setup...not enough that i would change anything. I picked up the ARH cross brace on Ebay Used....in great condition. I lucked out on that buy.
Thanks for the info. What did you pick up the used brace for? They are a little pricey new. Also how do you like your Quick Jack? I have been thinking about getting one for oil changes alone.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:40 PM   #24
72-droptop

I don't remember exactly what i paid for the brace but it was under a $100.

I love the quickjack BUT....I would not recommend getting the 7000 unit. I went for the 7000lb thinking i would use it for my Tahoe. The problem is the 7000 is hard to move around and i never use it with my Tahoe. If i had to do it again i would go with the 5000lb unit.
1998 Cadillac Eldorado
Old 02-26-2019, 10:22 AM   #25
Efdengine3

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible SS2
Love my Kooks long tube headers stainless system with high flow cats and X pipe. Drones with top up when in Overdrive but stops after 65 mph. Also have Stainless works cross brace at the X pipe.
Efdengine3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:09 AM   #26
skongolf

Ended up ordering a Borla S-Type Cat Back. It was hard to decide between that and Solo but of the sound clips I listened to, I liked the Borla just a little bit more and the guy who installed my headers said he liked the Borlas on 5th gens. Just looking forward to a system that will fit my car. I will post an update once I get it installed.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:44 AM   #27
nickbettschen

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by skongolf View Post
Ended up ordering a Borla S-Type Cat Back. It was hard to decide between that and Solo but of the sound clips I listened to, I liked the Borla just a little bit more and the guy who installed my headers said he liked the Borlas on 5th gens. Just looking forward to a system that will fit my car. I will post an update once I get it installed.
i'm still stuck between those as well i like the Solo and the price (about $1000 cdn installed) and company support seems to be pretty good.

haven't done much research on the Borla yet though. or dont know if there is a local dealer.
nickbettschen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:25 PM   #28
skongolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbettschen View Post
i'm still stuck between those as well i like the Solo and the price (about $1000 cdn installed) and company support seems to be pretty good.

haven't done much research on the Borla yet though. or dont know if there is a local dealer.
Ordered mine on Ebay as they were having a 10% back in Ebay bucks so It was hard to pass up. It was really hard to choose between the 2 but the guy who does my install said he just liked Borla better as far as sound goes. We will see. I think either way you can't lose.