Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-16-2016, 07:28 PM   #1
10silverSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
AC Compressor cycling - A/C

I'm wondering if anyone else with a camaro SS ls3 can answer my question on how the A/C compressor is supposed to work/cycle. I had a leak in the system and got it repaired, vaccumed the system etc. I refilled the freon and wanted to know if the compressor is supposed to cycle when its not on Max, Hi speed fan setting? When the AC is turned to max fan speed, past the III mark the compressor stays on constantly and never cycles, the presssure holds steady as well. The car blows very nice cold air in the cab too. As you start to reduce the Fan speed setting say to I or II, bascially anything below hi fan speed setting, I notice that the compessor begins to cycle. the lower the speed, the longer the compressor cycle off. The car still blows good cold air out of the vents. Just wanting to know if this is normal or if anyone can open up their hood and see if their AC compessor cycles the same way as this. Reason why I ask is cause i don't ever remember seeing it cycle before i serviced the AC at any fan speed. i know its a little late in the season out there for most people to use AC but its still over 90 deg here. Thanks for any input.
10silverSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:58 AM   #2
bd2014rs/ss

Drives: 2015 ss and 1980 z28
Did you charge it with a good guage set. Some systems never kick off when its hot out, most still will. But if your not getting pressure spikes on high side or too low on low side. Have proper oil charge and the compressor dont burn ya to the touch your probably fine.
bd2014rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a/c, air conditioning, compressor, cycle