Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #29
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
[QUOTE=632;3301344]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
hey! why didnt you use my bogarts, they got aids or something?
Nobody wanted to sell me v6 front brakes. Now I have to wait. Oh well.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #30
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallboy View Post
I've installed well over two dozen blowers on all kinds of cars. Even my own. Been to tuning/dyno runs at shops from here to Atlanta to Michigan. Dyno sheets are easy, easily manipulated, and meaningless. Getting the timeslip requires talent, knowledge, and the ability to actually be able to properly use/put the HP to the ground.

It's harder than it looks.
Would be nice if there was a track outside each shop that way we could all do away with the Dyno sheet business and just use track data.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #31
AdamCzap

Drives: 18 zl1, 17 sierra denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
I'd rather see a time slip than a dyno sheet any day of the week.
:troll:
AdamCzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #32
Tallboy
Say "when"...

Drives: 11 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Would be nice if there was a track outside each shop that way we could all do away with the Dyno sheet business and just use track data.
Yep. They should do away with the NHRA, and all other forms of timed motorsports, and just go off everybody's mod list and dyno sheets. After all what the car "should do" is all we need, right?
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:18 PM   #33
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Yep. They should do away with the NHRA, and all other forms of timed motorsports, and just go off everybody's mod list and dyno sheets. After all what the car "should do" is all we need, right?
My point is not everybody uses their mods for the same purposes, some people may never see a drag strip.
For most I believe the Dyno #'s shows more than just the HP and TQ #'s. If their not important to you that's fine, but remember we're not all the same, we're not all building for the same reasons, we'er not all race car drivers, and for some of us the drag strip stuff is just good fun vs a competitive sport so we don't care what the timeslip says other than maybe we need a bit more practice to go faster or get of the line better.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #34
Tallboy
Say "when"...

Drives: 11 2LT
Quote:
My point is not everybody uses their mods for the same purposes, some people may never see a drag strip.
For most I believe the Dyno #'s shows more than just the HP and TQ #'s. If their not important to you that's fine, but remember we're not all the same, we're not all building for the same reasons, we'er not all race car drivers, and for some of us the drag strip stuff is just good fun vs a competitive sport so we don't care what the timeslip says other than maybe we need a bit more practice to go faster or get of the line better.
Good points, all.

My problem is with the car show guys who toss a dyno sheet on the dash at the local Hooter's car show and say "it'll run 10s". Again, it takes no talent, skill, or effort to get a dyno sheet.
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #35
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Good points, all.

My problem is with the car show guys who toss a dyno sheet on the dash at the local Hooter's car show and say "it'll run 10s". Again, it takes no talent, skill, or effort to get a dyno sheet.
"Car runs 10s.. I run 11s"
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #36
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Good points, all.

Since when does a dyno sheet show what the car will run? Unless they have a 10 second slip with prove that it was there car who gives a flyin F#*K! A dyno sheet is absolutley worthless. I can print one off of this site and show everyone that my car makes 1000 rwhp when all the while it was an ECS camaro that the sheet was for. So someone says there car made 740 rwhp and they have the "sheet" to prove it. Unless that car runs at the track and shows what it can do it's all bs. And this crap about amateur racers???? We are all amateurs. I don't make a living drag racing my camaro. Like most on here I go a handful of times a year. That by no means makes me a pro, more like a novice.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #37
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Since when does a dyno sheet show what the car will run? Unless they have a 10 second slip with prove that it was there car who gives a flyin F#*K! A dyno sheet is absolutley worthless. I can print one off of this site and show everyone that my car makes 1000 rwhp when all the while it was an ECS camaro that the sheet was for. So someone says there car made 740 rwhp and they have the "sheet" to prove it. Unless that car runs at the track and shows what it can do it's all bs. And this crap about amateur racers???? We are all amateurs. I don't make a living drag racing my camaro. Like most on here I go a handful of times a year. That by no means makes me a pro, more like a novice.
Dyno sheets and time slips all rubbish. People can fake timeslip to look cool at car show too.. half the car show cars are trailer queens. That what bother me. People build beautiful powerful cars and dont drive them..
What I love is when you goto the car shows. They say it has 650wHP and runs 10s but they running stock street tires. Car aint running no tens with those. Most usually dont lie and admit that they havent run it..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
Old 06-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #38
Smart Line

Drives: 2011 Blue1SSRS 623RWHP, 02 vette
some of us shift like grandmas at the track.(like ME!)
the dyno showed my car should have run much better....then the clutch started to slip.their is so much from 1 end of the car to the other to get a good time NOT HP.
but hp you can get to the ground..run after run....

I know of a 1100+ car that ran 12's it's all in the INTIRE package......
and a 380hp car run 12's so you tell me where the real deal is....

I just like to drive my car.

P.S. drove a stock vert the other day and DANGA my car is much more fun.lol

Team LS-3
Smart Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #39
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Line View Post
the dyno showed my car should have run much better....then the clutch started to slip.their is so much from 1 end of the car to the other to get a good time NOT HP.

True. As for the vert, that's cause you have the big centri sticking out your hood. LOL

Quote:
Good points, all.

Well yah. If they' say that then it's time to prove it. I'm sure my car will run in the 9s too, with 10yrs. of race experience, and some fat tires, and, and, and, and, and, for now with all the 700+rwhp. I honest enough to say I'd probably get close to 11.5sec. until I "learn" how to drag properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Line View Post

My shifter is like pulling teeth, even though I installed the Hurst.

I'm with you I just want to drive my 740rwhp., and learn how to handle it without going into the ditch.

Last edited by calbert1999; 06-06-2011 at 06:46 PM.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #40
GQ4Life

Quote:
True. As for the vert, that's cause you have the big centri sticking out your hood. LOL

Well yah. If they' say that then it's time to prove it. I'm sure my car will run in the 9s too, with 10yrs. of race experience, and some fat tires, and, and, and, and, and, for now with all the 700+rwhp. I honest enough to say I'd probably get close to 11.5sec. until I "learn" how to drag properly.
whats your 60 to 130mph?
some people race that..
Old 06-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #41
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
whats your 60 to 130mph?
some people race that..
I have no clue; as I said I'm still preparing to do some tracking this summer, but don't have all the necessary gear yet. For now all I have to share with everyone is the dyno queen sheet.
Can't wait though, I've decided on a helmet, harness, and trying to figure out if I really need the harness bar, and tank plate or to use the 4 points on the harness and hooks in the rear seats and tank plate.
Man, I have to tell ya' when I decided to start doing things with this vehicle, and try out some racing stuff for fun never realized how much it takes to finally get there.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #42
Smart Line

Drives: 2011 Blue1SSRS 623RWHP, 02 vette
Quote:

My shifter is like pulling teeth, even though I installed the Hurst.

I'm with you I just want to drive my 740rwhp., and learn how to handle it without going into the ditch.

same shoes....My hust is a bit hard to speed shift.

as for the ditch thing i hear ya loud and CLEAR! lol
it is fun to drive though.......

thats the point right?????????????

Team LS-3
Smart Line is offline   Reply With Quote