Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-14-2011, 10:59 PM   #701
Z4me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Well mine will be a weekend ride, I dunno about your neck of the woods but rush (2)hour traffic is a pain. Half the drivers don't know how to drive during rush hour. The other half should have thier liscence's revoked for talking on the phones while driving thier children in thier SUV's to school. Maryland even placed a law against this, but some people just ignore it. After 30 some years of driving on 270 (6) lanes each way, I take the bus in now , but at least it moves because it's in the HUV lane.

But on the weekends lots of open roads to the west of where I live and some nice hills and winding roads to cruise on. Can't wait to take the wife and me out in the ZL1.
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #702
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Yeah, I do understand that. These cars are to be enjoyed and ultimately it is up to the owner as how he/she wants to do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4me View Post
Well mine will be a weekend ride, I dunno about your neck of the woods but rush (2)hour traffic is a pain. Half the drivers don't know how to drive during rush hour. The other half should have thier liscence's revoked for talking on the phones while driving thier children in thier SUV's to school. Maryland even placed a law against this, but some people just ignore it. After 30 some years of driving on 270 (6) lanes each way, I take the bus in now , but at least it moves because it's in the HUV lane.

But on the weekends lots of open roads to the west of where I live and some nice hills and winding roads to cruise on. Can't wait to take the wife and me out in the ZL1.
Yeah. My ZL1 will be a weekend/once a week kind of ride as well. My commute is only a bout 30 miles each way now (used to be 60 miles each way) but i would still want to save the Zl1 for special occasions. A big part of my plan not to drive it to much is to maintain the warranty as long as possible. I'll probably pick one day a week to drive it to work and drive it around on the weekends and leave the daily commute to the Cobalt.
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #703
91Z28350

Drives: 2012 GT500 SVTPP 2010 Traverse LTZ
When I was younger, and when I had my 91 Z28 it was my everyday car. And like most everyday cars it got used, a lot. One thing I learned from that is high performance cars, while capable of being everyday commuters are not designed for it. Everything from the tire compounds to the suspension settings, imo, work against being a daily grinder. I have been on a 3 year budget plan to get either a new Camaro or used Z06/New GS next year, so needless to say I am stoked that the Zl1 is making it's debut in time for me! Makes driving the Uplander, and having bought the Traverse for the wife-unit, much more palatable.

BTW, for what is, the Traverse, especially in LTZ trim, is a damn sweet ride!
91Z28350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #704
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to lordfriday2
navigation is a big thing for me... i go on long road trips sometimes and yes, it will be a daily driver... im sure the engineers will build it to be able to BE a daily driver... i guess ill have to settle with onstar navigation with the HUD...
lordfriday2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:48 PM   #705
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
The ZL1, Its advertised power will be nice to have on hand and certainly will challenge FMC's SC GT500. I'm mystified though as to why suede interior trim coverings were choosen. It looks cheap, and certainly will task shirtless sweatly palmed muscle car owners keeping it clean. I can imagine what the interior will look like after one summer of use beachside or trackside, ac off, windows down. The hood is hideous in my humble opinion................the saga continues.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:59 PM   #706
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
The ZL1, Its advertised power will be nice to have on hand and certainly will challenge FMC's SC GT500. I'm mystified though as to why suede interior trim coverings were choosen. It looks cheap, and certainly will task shirtless sweatly palmed muscle car owners keeping it clean. I can imagine what the interior will look like after one summer of use beachside or trackside, ac off, windows down. The hood is hideous in my humble opinion................the saga continues.
The suede is to keep you from slipping and sliding all over your seat when you are racing. It's not that difficult to keep clean and if your going to be sitting for any period of time put the AC on... then when your ready to race go ahead and turn it off, wear an under shirt sweat problem solved. I wear undershirts when I dress for work to prevent it from sowing while in a 8 hour meeting in a stuffy conference room. LOL
Old 02-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #707
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post

To everyone complaining about the microfiber suede. It's not cowhide!
It is for grip like what's used in race cars. Wow maybe they're saying this is a high performance vehicle!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:03 PM   #708
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
To everyone complaining about the microfiber suede. It's not cowhide!

I agree completely, it's just the way you said it made me laugh for a little bit!!! hehehehe
Old 02-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #709
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

I agree completely, it's just the way you said it made me laugh for a little bit!!! hehehehe
I'm glad, it was said tongue in cheek, or maybe I was biting my tongue?!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #710
Shadow-phoenix
Terrorizing the streets

Drives: 06 GTO, 92 Camaro RS, 84 Trans Am
Send a message via AIM to Shadow-phoenix Send a message via MSN to Shadow-phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow-phoenix
i love it. i agree that the suede has to go... all of it even on the seats. but the rest is killer. too bad i cant even begin to think about getting one... i'm barely gonna be able to pick up a solid 4th gen LS1 car... i think i'll just have to keep modifying my 92 until it crushes everything in its path... lol

Rust is the vehicular form of cancer.

A stupid owner is a Camaro's worst fear, second only to the though of going to the crusher.

Camaro: a vicious animal that eats rice for breakfast, and mustangs for dinner.
Shadow-phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #711
george
ZL1 Driver

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & BMW M3/E92
I Put my name on the list for the ZL1. I am the first one with the request. I hope my dealer has a high allocation. I hope we get more news on production. Regards.

George
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #712
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow-phoenix View Post
i love it. i agree that the suede has to go... all of it even on the seats. but the rest is killer. too bad i cant even begin to think about getting one... i'm barely gonna be able to pick up a solid 4th gen LS1 car... i think i'll just have to keep modifying my 92 until it crushes everything in its path... lol
Never been a fan of suede either. It sticks to you too much, and here in Texas that can suck from June to September. There's really no need for it; decent side bolstering will keep you in the seats just fine.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #713
george
ZL1 Driver

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & BMW M3/E92
DragonEye:
I understand what you are saying. I saved my hazard duty/hostile fire pay from many difficult deployments to places I can't even pronounce for this vehicle. I admire my SS and it hurts when some individual slams their door into your car and not even notice what they've done. It's happened to the M3 and luckily I got most of it out. I do take my cars out to car shows and car club events and on long drives to places like Gettysburg. I love driving them on nice days whenever possible when I'm not at work. I take a trusty older Saturn to work with composite door panels. Regards.

George
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #714
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Question So... does adding long tubes and CAI alter Warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
As for the 6L90 (rated at 550lbs), the LSA makes 551 and although it does exceed the rating, GM produces the Hydra-matic. They are in the same boat as Ford when transmission warranties are concerned. Only they know the real rating and they would absorb any cost involve for repair/replacement. Any mods that would increase the power of the LSA would not only void the engine warranty but void the transmissions warranty as well.
My feelings are that a dealer could claim you changed air flow over valves, or whatever, and void your warranty! Just wondering... I know some dealers will overlook, others will not overlook. Some factory reps overlook or accept if repairs are needed?
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote