Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
WHERE HAS GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE GONE

Ok so there was recently a group buy for some short ram injen intakes for the V6, and I placed my order on 09/03/10 and to make a long story short turns out UPS lost the package so I called the vendor ( I will not mention the name because I dont want to bash on them since they are a C5 vendor ) and they told me "we will send you another intake once we get refunded by UPS" which by the way takes 2-3 weeks so Im looking at getting my intake around end of october.......... Im in logistics and when we ship something out and the carrier happens to loose it or damage it we dont call the customer and tell them "sorry you have to wait until we get refunded from the carrier to send you your product" we send them the product and deal with the carrier on a separate basis so that the customer is happy...... am I the only one who sees it like this or do others see where I am coming from ?
Old 09-30-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
leonardo

bump
Old 09-30-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
no you are correct, alot of vendors just get the money and run. I also have worked in this field and Customer service is #1
Old 09-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
leonardo

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
no you are correct, alot of vendors just get the money and run. I also have worked in this field and Customer service is #1
Thanks brother, glad to know there are others who work in the field who agree with me
Old 09-30-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
Thanks brother, glad to know there are others who work in the field who agree with me
It is really upsetting when people push their responsibility off on others. I would post the vendor for this reason, not to bash but to inform everyone of problems when of ordering from them.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:52 PM   #6
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Old 09-30-2010, 05:05 PM   #7
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
I'd bash the vendor, obviously, by the tracking number, they can see it got lost and where the last scan was recorded, most of all... that you never got it. They should be sending you another one out the same day you called them with the issue. UPS brags about how much they love logistics, sounds like your vendor needs to try Fed-Ex.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
Old 09-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #8
leonardo

hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
I'd bash the vendor, obviously, by the tracking number, they can see it got lost and where the last scan was recorded, most of all... that you never got it. They should be sending you another one out the same day you called them with the issue. UPS brags about how much they love logistics, sounds like your vendor needs to try Fed-Ex.
Yea well get this, I talked to the president of the company and he tells me the following

Whomever you talked to at UPS is a Jackass, Call Back.
We can ship another but you will have to pay for it and resolve the Issue with UPS to get
a refund for the one they lost.
Once it is in they're hands it is they're Responsibility.It sucks but that is how it works.
We are Checking with UPS to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #9
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Well, considering there is only one vendor who was selling the short ram I don't know if I'd go bashing them. They have done so much. Try calling them again and see if you can work it out.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:15 PM   #10
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Yea well get this, I talked to the president of the company and he tells me the following

We can ship another but you will have to pay for it and resolve the Issue with UPS to get
Once it is in they're hands it is they're Responsibility.It sucks but that is how it works.
We are Checking with UPS to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Hmmm,
Old 09-30-2010, 05:18 PM   #11
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

BS, Out them if they are leaving you hanging I would definetly out them. CUSTOMER SERVICE, rememeber. Are they really performing a service or passing the buck.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:21 PM   #12
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:

Once it is in they're hands it is they're Responsibility.It sucks but that is how it works.We are Checking with UPS to see if there is anything we can do to help.

This is a lie
Old 09-30-2010, 05:22 PM   #13
leonardo

i know

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Well, considering there is only one vendor who was selling the short ram I don't know if I'd go bashing them. They have done so much. Try calling them again and see if you can work it out.
Trust me I know they are well known and liked by many and thats the reason I went with them cause of the positive reviews people were telling me, but to have the president tell me what he told me by email it just shocked me, its like who do u go above to resolve the issue when the president himself is telling you to handle it yourself cause its not in his companys hands anymore ?
Old 09-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #14
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
First off, I am not the vendor he bought from (I have no clue who it is either)...but I do want to provide a vender perspective here.

This is not a case of bad customer service IMO. Selling stuff online is risky. Matter of fact, way riskier than buying online as a customer. Running an online business, I get scammed more in a month an most people get in a year. It's just a reality of doing business.

In this scenerio, here is how this works.

When a package disappears, we have to file a tracer with UPS. Now obviously the package did not vaporize. It could be misrouted, in the lost and found, whatever. UPS takes about 10 business days to complete a tracer. During this time, they send the driver out to look for the part/retrace his steps, check their computers systems, lost and found, whatever. At the end of this process, they either find the package, or they verify it is lost, and you can file an insurance claim. Really about half the time it seems they find the package for us.

Now the reason the vendor likely does not want to send you a new one off the bat is because UPS very well could find the original one during the tracer. If UPS finds the original one, they will deliver it to the customer automaticlly and close the case. In the past, I have shipped replacements on packages that appeared lost only to have UPS find the original and deliver it to the customer. Then the customer has two packages, and I am stuck paying to pick up the second one I shipped trying to do the right thing. Worse, I have also had the customers suddenly became "unreachable" once they got both parts and and basically steal one from us.

What we do now is give the customer the option. Basically, if you don't want to wait for the tracer to be complete, we will ship a new one, but you will have to pay for the return shipping on the original if UPS finds it and delivers it (leaving you with two). Nomally we will get a credit card to keep on file in this case, and temp auth the cost of return shipping at minimum. This also allows us to bill the customer if UPS deliveres the original and they try and keep both. Unfortunatly, as a vendor, I have no control over UPS or Fed Ex losing packages. If you want the part immediatly, I will give you the option, but I cannot bear all the risk/cost of that.

Closed Thread