Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
steveo2424
Addicted 2 Camaro

Drives: 2005 Suburban, 2007 Silverado
Finally got to see and drive a Camaro

M My dealership called my and said they just took their 2lt Silver RS Dealer car off the truck and come check it out. 1st time I was able to see the Camaro in person. WOW!!!!

I know I didn't take any pictures because I figured their are quite a few silver pictures floating around.....sorry.

When I got in the car I was pretty amazed. It was AMAZING! I was very impressed with the entire setup.

They let me take it for a ride. I was really impressed with the zip of the V6....still glad I ordered the V8. I didn't get on it too hard because I didn't want to hurt it for the person who buys it. I took it on the expressway and was doing 90 but felt like I was doing about 60....pretty sweet!

I thought the interior was awesome. I was pretty excited....so excited that when the SM told me he had my VIN I forgot to ask him what it was.........What an Idiot am I.
2 SS VR 6M Polished Rims--#7245
steveo2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IBM
you know this is comming right ----------------
Old 05-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers171 View Post
you know this is comming right --------------
and this.......................
Old 05-05-2009, 05:57 PM   #4
csjrishere

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I just drove my first 2010 Camaro today too. It was also a 2lt silver RS dealer car.

Not bad for a V6...very impressive.
2SS/RS 6m IOM w/ White Stripes and the Black interior ordered 10/13/2008, #7905 delivered 5/26/09.
csjrishere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:03 PM   #5
premonition

Drives: Toyota Corolla :(
I cant wait to test drive one this week. Question to anyone that has test driven it, do they let you drive it to your house like can you ask them if you can drive it that distance i mean depending how for you live from the dealership, like for example my dealership is 2.5 miles or so from my house. or do they choose where you go?
premonition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:16 PM   #6
steveo2424
Addicted 2 Camaro

I took mine all over town had people looking at it, sitting in it...then went and picked up my wife and kids (afterall she is allowing me to buy my car). So my dealership has been really cool about all of this.

I knew the "worthless" comments were coming...but like I said, the silver pictures are all over the site.

Pretty cool nonetheless though.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:28 PM   #7
premonition

Drives: Toyota Corolla :(
So basically in order to drive all over town you must buy one from them, cause as of right now im just planning to test drive one, not buy one until hopefully some time later this year.
premonition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #8
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
depends really on the dealer. Some wont even let you open the doors and others will let you sit in it and a few will let you drive it... If you only live 2.5 miles from there i dont see where it would really be a problem.. just depends on your dealer
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #9
mkaresh
Account Suspended

Drives: 2003 Protege5, 2000 GS 400
I need to find the time to go drive one of these, the new Hyundai, and the new Z.

Has anyone driven both the G8 and the new Camaro? How similar is the steering and handling? I love how you can steer the G8 so easily with the throttle.
mkaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #10
achalk

Drives: 2SS/RS+GFX/black/black
i can't decide if i want to test drive one now, or just wait for mine (which should hopefully be here in about a month).
achalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #11
csjrishere

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I was able to drive the car because I ordered the first one at the Dealer...they are not letting anyone off the street come in and drive it.
2SS/RS 6m IOM w/ White Stripes and the Black interior ordered 10/13/2008, #7905 delivered 5/26/09.
csjrishere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:30 AM   #12
vladkgb

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS Pewter
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo2424 View Post
M My dealership called my and said they just took their 2lt Silver RS Dealer car off the truck and come check it out. 1st time I was able to see the Camaro in person. WOW!!!!

I know I didn't take any pictures because I figured their are quite a few silver pictures floating around.....sorry.

When I got in the car I was pretty amazed. It was AMAZING! I was very impressed with the entire setup.

They let me take it for a ride. I was really impressed with the zip of the V6....still glad I ordered the V8. I didn't get on it too hard because I didn't want to hurt it for the person who buys it. I took it on the expressway and was doing 90 but felt like I was doing about 60....pretty sweet!

I thought the interior was awesome. I was pretty excited....so excited that when the SM told me he had my VIN I forgot to ask him what it was.........What an Idiot am I.
how was the visibility? especially when making right turns and reversing.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #13
steveo2424
Addicted 2 Camaro

You really need to make use of your mirrors...visibility takes a bit of getting used to, atleast for me. I had never driven a car like the Camaro so it was a new experience for me...but others have said in their threads that is what these cars are all about when it comes to visibility so I expected it.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:49 AM   #14
twr0912

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2ss
Got to drive one as well

My dealer got a red v6/auto w/rs package in and I went to drive it(sorry not sure if it was lt or ls that's not what i ordered). I personally ordered 2ss/rs 6spd manual in SIM w/ ebony leather, but I wanted to drive one anyway. The car does have some blindspots but I don't care. The V6 runs pretty good. I stomped on it and it ran, but it still sounds like a 6. Nevertheless, it was badass! The base stereo sounds pretty good so the Boston ought to be great. I'm pretty tall with long arms and wanted to see how my hand would fit the shifter. It will be perfect. The hood looks long, which I like. Reminded me of my dad's 70 chevelle SS w/cowl hood. When I got back we went across the street to look at a black 1ss/auto that had just got off the truck. Couldn't drive it, as it was sold preorder, but it was nice. Also met the lil old man who checks the fluid levels and what not so now I'm not worried about mine being ragged out by the service guys. Mine will be the next one he gets ready...I should have it in 2 weeks or less. Here's my pics. 1st one taken the day I drove it. 2nd taken the day I took my lil sis to see it(quality bad due to camera phone..sorry)
Attached Images

twr0912 is offline   Reply With Quote