Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-26-2009, 09:27 AM   #43
Nashional

Drives: 2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Here's an update to my situation...

I took the car back in last Monday because they received the parts to fix the vibration. They were also going to fix the paint on the bumper issue and get some residue off of the rear bumper that was probably put there when the GE was installed.

They had the car for a week and I went to pick it on this past Friday.

The residue was gone! However, the paint "fix" made it look worse than it did before.

They said GM said there is no fix for the RPM noise but it's nothing to worry about. They agree with me that XM is a poor design flaw and there is no fix.

They also said they have done everything they can, and the vibration is still there and it was the worst one they've seen. But neither them or GM know how to fix it. He suggested I bring it to another dealer.

So, yesterday I took it to a dealer an hour away and left it with them. They gave me a rental. Now we are on day 17 of being in the shop...
Nashional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:41 AM   #44
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Good lord. I am sorry, man. I hope this has a happy end.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:52 AM   #45
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
LEMON LAW...GET A NEW CAR.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #46
Nashional

Already looking into that option... It seems they have 30 days or four tries...
Old 08-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #47
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorepheus View Post
LEMON LAW...GET A NEW CAR.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:37 PM   #48
ac223mal

Drives: car
I don't know if this will help since it happened with a GMC Acadia and not a Camaro, but for what it's worth.

Bought a 2008 Acadia in Septemer/07, one of the first to hit my town. Had it for less than a year about 7-8K miles on it when it started stalling out and having a rough idle. Took it in dealership had it a month. Gave me a Dodge Durango even though, they had to pay up for this and shouldn't have because it wasn't a GM vehicle. I wasn't gonna take a small compact car. The dealer submitted for payment reimbursement. GM paid my car payment that month. There were no bulletins or info on the problem at that time. The dealership thought they fixed it and gave it back. A month later same problem. This time gone for two months. GM reps came down with tech guys and they finally determined the problem. The cam shaft was just a tad to short. They were able to put out the info for other Acadia's with the same problem after this. GM paid two more months of car payments and two month rental in a Chevy Crew Cab truck. My dealer did a great job getting things done from GM. They gave me the GM number to file a case. They made sure I was happy while the car was out. Sure the car was out for three months, but they made sure I didn't pay for it and gave me something to drive.

Even thought this doesn't apply to a Camaro, this is a GM car and this is the service you should be getting. In fact this service it why I will be a GM customer for life, I strayed once and missed it the entire time. Your dealer isn't giving you this, so put your foot up his ###, and get in contact with GM yourself.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by ac223mal; 08-27-2009 at 12:31 AM.
ac223mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:19 AM   #49
2bravo

Drives: Empty
Wow... what an ordeal... this sounds like my kind of luck.

I had a Honda Prelude (good reliability, you would think) for 3 years (it was 5 years old when I bought it), in that time I had to replace/rebuild, the transmission ($4000!), front brake rotors and pads ($500), battery ($100 - normal maintenance I suppose), timing belt, water pump (normal maintenance again, but damn expen$ive - $1200), tires ($600, again, normal maintenance), and steering rack and power steering pump ($1000) - but now I know, NEVER buy a 5 year old car... everything needs to be replaced by that time.

I definitely want to buy new so that I have warranty coverage... I really hope everything gets sorted out for you... even if it means getting a whole new car.
2bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:43 AM   #50
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
yep,gm had my camaro for a little of a month waiting on parts and they paid my car payment i felt that was fair made me feel way better about things
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #51
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashional View Post
Here's a video of the XM cutting out issue.

While driving in a northerly direction and the sunroof is open, XM keeps cutting out. This video covers 1 mile of road. I count at least 8 times the signal drops out completely.

Driving south or with the sunroof closed, there are zero drop-outs.

Sorry for the classical music, but YT kept ripping out the audio when I tried pop music.

Dude,

It is the trees. Watch it again and when it cuts and static you just went thru a high tree line. We get it on the Acura and Camaro going thru high tree lines.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:23 AM   #52
Nashional

Day 19 (not counting weekends)...

Just called the "new" service center. They said there is definitely a vibration problem. But, they are trying to get a laptop together so they can drive with the laptop plugged into the car for feedback and tests. Apparently they can turn off different parts of the system to see if that is causing the issue. They just don't know how long this is going to take to get everything together for the test.

I feel GM already owes me (some kind of compensation for) a car for the 10 days (not including weekends) I was without a loaner and wasn't offered one for my first visit. And I only financed a very small amount. So a car payment wouldn't amount to much. It's going to take quite a bit to get this bad taste out of my mouth. :(
Old 08-27-2009, 10:26 AM   #53
Nashional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Dude,

It is the trees. Watch it again and when it cuts and static you just went thru a high tree line. We get it on the Acura and Camaro going thru high tree lines.
I have a $6,000 beater truck with a $50 XM radio. It never cuts out. My wife drives a Hybrid Camry and I put a $50 XM radio in it. It never cuts out.

There is no reason a $42k car should drop 8 times in one mile (only with the sunroof open). It doesn't drop if the sunroof is closed.

Very poor design flaw.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #54
Nashional

Scott@Bjorn3D, I think you and I exchanged some emails back in the mid 90's. I was running a web site about a race-car simulator that was out at the time. It was kind-of a link directory to all web sites that offered information, repaints, etc. I think it was a Grand Prix or Formula One simulator. Wish I could remember...
Old 08-27-2009, 10:36 AM   #55
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Send a message via MSN to Verio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashional View Post
I have a $6,000 beater truck with a $50 XM radio. It never cuts out. My wife drives a Hybrid Camry and I put a $50 XM radio in it. It never cuts out.

There is no reason a $42k car should drop 8 times in one mile (only with the sunroof open). It doesn't drop if the sunroof is closed.

Very poor design flaw.
Do you honestly think GM makes those XM Satellite antennas? Do you think the cost of the car should be a factor on your sattelite connection?

Drive your Hybrid Camry down teh same road, same time of day, in the same condition and let me know.

My Passat's after-market XM radio cut out all the time in between tree's.
Verio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:38 AM   #56
Nashional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verio View Post
Drive your Hybrid Camry down teh same road, same time of day, in the same condition and let me know.
I have. No issues. There are no issues with the Camaro either, as long as the sunroof is not open. Again, this is a design flaw.