Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-29-2014, 04:39 AM   #43
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Funny but the driver is just as much a idiot imo. Hope both of those tools don't drive any place where i live. Neither of them should have a drivers licence.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #44
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
So you expect her to pull into a left turn lane that she isn't going to use just to let this guy pass? I guess next time I get tailgated on the highway and the right lane is blocked I'll just pull into one of the turnarounds in the median to let them pass.

And again, she was planning on making a left hand turn. There is no problem staying in the left lane when your turn is coming up, even if you piss off the car behind you, especially when the road is wet as it was that day and weaving in and out of a line of semis (which is a stupid idea even in ideal road conditions) just to appease some idiot in a hurry could result in you wrecking yourself.

If she was riding the left lane for five miles going 10 under the limit then yeah you'd have a point. But seeing as her turn was coming up in a short distance and she was moving at a reasonable speed given the conditions, you don't.

The only thing she did wrong honestly was filming the whole thing because that is distracted driving. Otherwise, I see no problem with what happened and obviously FHP didn't either.

The video is almost 2 minutes long. How long was this going on before she decided to take her phone out, turn the camera on and record? By the speed of the vehicles, and the length of the video (even though she obviously was in the left lane longer because she needed to get her phone out to make a video) so I would guess at least 2 1/2 miles of her just cruising in the left lane. That's far to long, to get over to prepare for a turn. Was she really planning on making a turn? No way to know for sure. I honestly think no she was just covering her ass.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #45
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
She passed two trucks. You can't see them in the right lane until she's already passed them. Unless you just want her to cut off one of the trucks so the jack wagon can speed past them.
At the very beginning of the video the right lane is open as can be. Not to mention this was evidently going on for a while before she thought to whip out the camera - There's no sign of vehicles behind her or the truck at the beginning of the video from what I can see. She's just a jackass.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:01 PM   #46
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM View Post
At the very beginning of the video the right lane is open as can be. Not to mention this was evidently going on for a while before she thought to whip out the camera - There's no sign of vehicles behind her or the truck at the beginning of the video from what I can see. She's just a jackass.
must be watching a different video. the video posted on post 17, you can see the back end of a flatbed truck at the 2 second mark. which is probably in the drivers blindside. there is also a truck in front of that truck, so probably just in front of her, in the right lane, or right next to her.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:03 PM   #47
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
But don't we all deal with the slow driver in the fast lane on a daily basis? I do and I just go around them and forget about it. Flipping them off is not going to change anything but I imagine this guy saw her recording and thought "here, film this" as he was flipping her the bird....lol....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2014, 12:06 PM   #48
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
JFTR I just went to the full video I embeded in post #17 to C&P her comment on the vid she posted but she has deleted the comment now. She stated how she has videoed other drivers and forwarded/reported them to authorities but this was the first time something like this happened. So this person has apparently appointed herself "official traffic law vigilante enforcer" and makes a habit out this type of thing, this time with potentially deadly consequences. In your everyday life how often have you found it necessary to video poor or dangerous drivers and forward the videos to authorities? Why is she such a magnet for this type of thing? Gee, maybe SHE'S part of the problem!!! Common sense and logic people.

Found on FB. Legit?
yeah, no one is saying her video taping is right, but the laws in florida allow her to do this, and she wasn't breaking any laws, going the speed limit, in a state that doesn't have a left lane passing only law. Which she was passing two trucks, just not as fast as the guy behind her wanted.

the part about her speeding up, I don't buy. I've turned up the volume on the video, and I can't hear her vehicle speed up as quickly as it would have to, to catch up to the tailgater that passed her on the right. I think it's more likely, the guy saw her videotaping, and slowed down to tell her she's number 1.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:25 PM   #49
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
OK so this person is in the left lane and the truck behind them clearly wants to pass. Instead of getting out of the left "passing" lane they make the guy pass them on the right. He does and after he passes them they immediately nail the throttle and pass him for the sole purpose of provoking the situation. So the truck is an idiot in the video posters opinion, but they'll drive even faster racing the "idiot" and provoke him. That driver is an idiot also. The truck could have spun into someone coming the other way and people could have died, the people who posted this would be complicit in the act and possibly face criminal charges. Genius.
I personally hate left-lane-bandits who feel it is their business to enforce speed laws making it more dangerous for everyone. IMO that is what is going on in this situation. Why else would they be videoing it. Nothing like making a bad situation much worse.
Completely agree, three sides to every story.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:00 PM   #50
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
brings this to mind
Attached Images

AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:38 PM   #51
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Both are in the wrong
Old 03-29-2014, 11:12 PM   #52
uoflcamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Why can't that happen to people who tailgate me???

2010 LT2 RS Victory Red /Mods: Technostalgia tails
uoflcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:41 AM   #53
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
Read the speedo wrong, does show 55 MPH.
She CLAIMS she was making a left turn!
And do we really know that was where she was turning left and she didn't just stop there to gloat and finish her video or make up that lie to justify her blocking the left lane and contributing to a rage rage incident? Hell of a co-incidence, they drive all those miles and he just happens to crash precisely where she needs to turn, so she says. People never lie to cover their ass right???
I'm mean if you ARE a left-lane-bandit and DID contribute to an road rage accident you damn well better make a cover-your-ass story to try and justify your actions, or am I the only one that understands human nature? What do we always see in the police threads about only hearing one side of a story?
You guys keep on defending this person, and I hope you don't fall victim to her games or someone like her someday, I'm done.
I have to wonder, what would this thread be like if the guy was in a Camaro and not a Ford truck?...

Agree more with you though. She speeds up to make things worse. Then she stops and gloats/laugh.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:59 AM   #54
The Beard

Drives: 2013 2SS HWSE M6
Almost every state has a "Keep Right" law
http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html
They were both idiots
Old 03-30-2014, 01:12 AM   #55
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
must be watching a different video. the video posted on post 17, you can see the back end of a flatbed truck at the 2 second mark. which is probably in the drivers blindside. there is also a truck in front of that truck, so probably just in front of her, in the right lane, or right next to her.
Missed that; but that just shows that she rode parallel with the truck for almost a full minute.. even worse. If she wasn't going to pass in a reasonable amount of time, why not just stay behind until the Ford passed her? She was being selfish and inconsiderate.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:39 AM   #56
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM View Post
Missed that; but that just shows that she rode parallel with the truck for almost a full minute.. even worse. If she wasn't going to pass in a reasonable amount of time, why not just stay behind until the Ford passed her? She was being selfish and inconsiderate.

Because she was turning left. And for all we know, she was passing them just fine, but the trucks in the right lane may have sped up. Either case, she was turning left. Whether people want to believe that or not, is up to them. She was going the speed limit and still passing the two trucks. The only thing I see wrong, is her video taping the situation.