Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 03-01-2020, 01:47 PM   #1
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
ZyCoat ZyBar Thermal Coating

Any of you used this? Seems too good to be true, slap some ZyBar on your new LT Headers with a brush, lit sit for 5 days, install and reduce heat by 90%, all for $80?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/zyc-10004

ZyCoat ZyBar thermal coating is a high temperature thermal dissipation coating for headers, manifolds, turbos, and exhaust systems. By greatly reducing radiant engine heat, ZyBar improves scavenging performance to boost torque and increase horsepower. Utilizing advanced, micro-surface technology, even a very thin .001 to .0012 mil coating of ZyBar outperforms conventional tapes, wraps, ceramic, or powder coatings.

ZyBar's improved engine performance was confirmed by measuring header surface temperature reduction versus stock, uncoated headers. Utilizing revolutionary, lightweight micro-surface technology, ZyBar significantly reduces surface temperatures which, in turn, lowers under-the-hood temperatures, and lessens the need for heavy wraps, tapes and shields.

Additional features of ZyCoat ZyBar thermal coating include:

* Lower applied cost … less than 1/3 the cost of ceramic coating
* Increased scavenging performance for increased engine performance
* Color stability and corrosion resistance
* Conquers temperature extremes up to 2000+ degrees F
* Reduces radiant heat by over 90 percent
* Accelerates thermal flow to increase horsepower
* Resists rust and corrosion--won't chip or crack
* Spray, dip, or wipe application
* Choice of colors
Old 03-02-2020, 06:50 AM   #2
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
No. But I'll take issue with the claims of cost/coverage/thermal resistance.

4 ounces will probably not cover one longtube, let alone two. Additionally, my shop coated the inside of the headers (as far as could be reached).

I had my longtubes ceramic coated for $175. 30% would be $52...for one 4 ounce jar. I think two is a minimum for hand brushing, let alone wiping or dipping a pair of longtubes.

Ceramic coating is time tested to 2000' + depending on color. I would like to see some testing of this product where one can expect any durability or longevity without spraying (or baking in the case of ceramic).

Call me a skeptic on some of the claims.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:35 PM   #3
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
Thanks. Yeah I was a skeptic also. I guess I liked the DIY aspect of it. Good point about needing multiple cans. I will stick to ceramic coated.