Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 05-07-2017, 07:43 AM   #15
Buzzberd6

Drives: 2LT/1LE, HPCRX, F250(tow vehicle)
I got one a couple of months ago just before I ran my first Solo. It worked fine that weekend and the subsequent one two weeks ago. it's been working fine in the car since then it's never caused the car to throw a code or go into reduced power mode... until two days ago.

During the first session of a track day this past Friday, in the middle of a turn just as I was wanting to accelerate it decided to go into reduced power mode! Surprised the crap out of me and came at a MOST inopportune time! I had to recycle the car about 3-4 times before I could get it out of that mode. Then I went back on to the track and it happened again after three turns.

If some of you are wondering why I mentioning this in this thread, well after it happened I called a reliable GM tech I know and he asked if I still had the throttle controller in the car. He knows because I'm related to him and I trust him, he's a damn good technician/mechanic. He suggested removing it. Since I didn't have any other ideas and that is the ONLY non-stock item on my car, it came out.

The problem never returned. I ran three more complete 25 minute sessions and the car never missed a beat. Needless to say this won't be going this back into my car.
Buzzberd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:46 PM   #16
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
I've never had a single issue with it..over a year of use. Do you have a 2017? You guys got the new dial one or the push button controller?
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:09 AM   #17
Buzzberd6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Andrew View Post
I've never had a single issue with it..over a year of use. Do you have a 2017? You guys got the new dial one or the push button controller?
I have a 2017, the TC is also one of the later ones with the dial. I've only had it a little over two months.
And I also did not have any issues with it until I got it on the speedway.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:11 AM   #18
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
Wow that's very interesting. So either GM did something to the 2017's or that new dial one is no good. And here I was wish I had the new one lol. Try to find someone with the older one see what happens. Been following you guys and trynna put the pieces together and think I'm seeing the issue now. Can't do nothing about the car so that guy might have to send out new controllers to everyone lol that would suck.
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:25 PM   #19
camaro1993

Drives: 2017 Hyper blue
I was just about to buy tc until I read this... Now idk lol
Old 05-10-2017, 07:13 AM   #20
Buzzberd6

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1993 View Post
I was just about to buy tc until I read this... Now idk lol
Just my opinion but don't completely discount it just because I had an issue with it while doing a track day. As several others have said, they haven't had a problem with theirs in more than a year on some cases. I just think it's a bad idea to have it in if you're planning to go onto a race track and drive aggressively.

As I said mentioned earlier, I also ran two different autocrosses with it installed and it seemed to work fine. I even tried it at different settings during those auto-xs, worked perfectly and never went into low power mode. It also worked fine for me while driving on the street, I drive the car to work every day and have even used the Eco mode more than a few times (kinda boring).

I do agree with 00 Trans Ram in that this controller does not eliminate the lag though. It's still there, it just not as noticeable when it's set in the SP mode. Probably because most people (myself included) tend to like the response it gives and press the throttle a little harder and quicker to experience it. It's when the throttle is pressed in a more leisurely manner that I can feel the delay.