Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-01-2015, 08:02 AM   #15
Mikk2K

Drives: '10 Camaro LTRS, '12 Pro4x Frontier
I am running michelin pilot sport AS3 tire with a size of 285 on all four corners. I was able to put a pencil between the tire and the coil. That's all that would fit, there is no wiggle room.

Kyle,
Below you find the pictures you were asking about. The first are of the passenger's side and then the driver's side.
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2015, 08:05 AM   #16
Mikk2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
what size wheels are you running up front? Your alignment sheet seems to say you are running +1 degrees of camber in the front, is this correct? Could there be any issue with a bent suspension component somewhere?
Mike,
That is correct, I am running +1 degree in the front because otherwise I would be touching the coil that's as close the shop could get. I've had two shops and myself look at the suspension and we didn't see anything bent our broken.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:26 PM   #17
kyle@ridetech.com

Drives: 1969 SS/RS Camaro
The passenger side upper mount concerns me with how the rubber is breaking down. Give me a call on my direct line at 812-481-4738. I'll probably need to get you set up with the bearing uppers.
kyle@ridetech.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:29 PM   #18
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
i don't have ridetechs but my LG Motorsports Coilovers did the same thing. Im not worried about it.
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:59 PM   #19
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
I had the same issue with mine when I got them. I called Kyle and he took care of me fast. Also, I did have my inner tire rub on my coil so I had to have a little negative on my alignment to keep it from rubbing. I know Kyle will get you squared away.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:20 PM   #20
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
RT and Kyle FTW!

You can run a 3 to 5mm spacer up front with your OE lugs to resolve the camber issue.

Last edited by JusticePete; 09-01-2015 at 04:35 PM.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:07 PM   #21
Mikk2K

I spoke with Kyle and he suggested that I replace the rubber mounts with the solid mounts. Once those come in and get installed with a new alignment I will be sure to give an update.

Thanks again for all the help everyone.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:58 PM   #22
Mike_G

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Cant rreally tell from the pictures of your upper mounts, do you also have those camber plates set up so the upper mount is offset toward the engine bay as far as possible? They kind of look centered to me in the pic. Would get you more negative camber up front if they are not already.

Use to have
2010 Camaro SS - ECS SC 1500, Kooks LTH + HFC, Corsa, CTS-V brakes, Detroit Speed Coilovers, BMR sways (FE4 conversion), DSE endlinks, BMR toe rods and trailing arms, Forgestar F14's
Mike_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:09 AM   #23
Mikk2K

Quote:
Cant rreally tell from the pictures of your upper mounts, do you also have those camber plates set up so the upper mount is offset toward the engine bay as far as possible? They kind of look centered to me in the pic. Would get you more negative camber up front if they are not already.
They are set up to be center in the plate.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:54 AM   #24
Mike_G

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikk2K View Post
They are set up to be center in the plate.
If you set them to be offset toward the engine bay, you will increase negative camber getting back within spec and maintain the same clearance between the tire and spring.May improve your handling a bit.

Use to have
2010 Camaro SS - ECS SC 1500, Kooks LTH + HFC, Corsa, CTS-V brakes, Detroit Speed Coilovers, BMR sways (FE4 conversion), DSE endlinks, BMR toe rods and trailing arms, Forgestar F14's
Mike_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:34 AM   #25
Mikk2K

Quote:
If you set them to be offset toward the engine bay, you will increase negative camber getting back within spec and maintain the same clearance between the tire and spring.May improve your handling a bit.
Thanks Mike, I will give that a try when the new mounts come in. I know the solid mounts allow more camber adjustment over the rubber ones that I currently have.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:15 PM   #26
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
It is a best practice to use all the available negative camber in a camber plate and adjust to spec at the knuckle on a 5th Gen Camaro. You gain Steering Axis Inclination (SAI). SAI is better than caster. SAI is Black magic. It makes your Camaro more stable at high speeds. It brings thee wheels back on center coming out of a turn more quickly. Add a degree of Caster at the radius arm bolt in position and it transforms the the way a Camaro drives.

We sell a series of non-adjustable SAI Plates at JPSS for these reasons. Our SAI plates add 3+ degrees of negative camber or SAI depending on thee alignment specs you use. Our SAI and camber plates fit OE struts and springs and all most coilovers.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 02:52 PM   #27
kyle@ridetech.com

Drives: 1969 SS/RS Camaro
The upper mounts are leaving today so you should have them before the weekend.
kyle@ridetech.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 02:09 PM   #28
Mikk2K

Just a quick update. I got the new mounts and have them installed. While I was installing them the screw on on the coilover adjuster nut broke off inside. So I'm waiting to hear back from Ridetech on that before I get an alignment done.
I did check to see if switching to solid mounts fixed the creaking noise, and it did not. Since I'll probably need a new adjuster nut, I'll try reinstalling the stock springs and struts to see if the noise goes away.