Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-03-2016, 10:06 AM   #1
jhutch

Drives: 2010 2SS ABM -Sold
Early build car: Bumper bracket pins issue and other issues

Lets start this off with a small story, I have one of the first camaros that was ordered at my dealer, and I also was in the group of the 2 month QC hold. Anyone every really figure out why it took so long? Maybe I have some clues here.

I just took my car into the dealership for my hood not lined up with my bumper, the hood sits lower than the bumper's edge and even with the small rubber feet raised all the way up under the hood it was still too low. Dealership agreed and are fixing this issue this week.

We were looking over the car and in the engine bay I saw these pins that hold a metal bracket in position, this bracket also holds a part of the bumper. The pins are ground down with yellow marks on them , something that the factory did I am assuming. We (salesman and I) opened the hood on two other 2SS models on the lot and the pins are perfect! I told my dealer I wanted them replaced. I was thinking this might be a clue as to why our cars were in QC hold for so long.

Here is the pin issue:

While they are fixing these issues they are also addressing my orange peel issue on the nose of my front bumper. The spot is about 3 inches long and an inch wide. I was shocked that it was missed in the factory.

Here is the orange peel:

Start button is not moving my seat into my saved position, I have to hold the number 1 button for the seat to move. This happens 60% of the time and always after I have driven the car, parked it and gotten back in to start it.

The final issue is with Apple Car Play, Spotify will only allow me to see 11 Artists, Albums, or Songs. I have 300+ artists saved and can only see 11 of the 300+ which is annoying. Maybe twice out of 30 attempts I was able to scroll and see them all. I was told this was a safety feature, yet for me to use Spotify fully I have to use the phone and not the cars touch screen..

I still love my car and just want these issues addressed so I can enjoy it even more than I already have.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:55 AM   #2
wilf
Wilf

Drives: Gen 6 HyperBlue SS, Yellow C7
My 2SS was made about the same time and has one of those pins ground down (left side) and a little yellow there. However my bumper, hood, fenders etc are all perfectly aligned.
wilf is offline   Reply With Quote