Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Drives: 11 2SSRS Vert, 11 CBR250
Home for 2 Weeks and Already in the Shop

Sooo i picked up my convertible on March 24 and for a week it was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! then it took the turn for the worst...

Morning of April 6:

I went to put the top down and it only went half way.. the bars would not even attempt to side down they were sticking straight up.. the fabric part managed to make it down.. i looked at it and was like ~ sooo i brought it back up and tried it again... the bars went down this time but not all the way (Man i wish i took pictuers) i sighed and pushed a little pressure on it to see if it would help... it didnt budge

So here i am trying it ONE LAST TIME! finally it goes down all the way

So i head out with my friends not thinking much of it~ came home at the end of the night and put the top up and went on my merry way..

April 7~

That morning 6 AM before i set off on my 100 mile trip to work.. Top went down beautifully~ looks amazing~ perfect day so i put on my cover and took off for Baltimore!

Got home that night at 6PM and washed the car to put it away. Then i noticed the rear window i was sitting 4 inches lower than normal!! I run inside and checked pictures to make sure i wasnt going crazy.. and yes in fact my window was lower than the first pictures i posted and NOT ONLY THAT! there was something pressing against the fabric by the window! I crawl into the backseat and go under the fabric cover... My Rear Windows DETACHED FROM THE HINGES and was just hanging there... The hinges were half holding the window up on one side.. and i had the same gap 1981 Z29 had going on....

i brought it into the dealership and they said it wont get fixed until Monday.... they wouldnt even let me keep her at home until Monday because they are scared that the hinges will eat thru the fabric and cause major holes...

i know i know.. pictures... but yea i was freaking out sooo bad Pictures were the last thing on my mind... This is the 3rd repair on my car in 2 weeks! when it first arrived i had paint chipped off in both corners where the trunk meets the bumper and a good size scratch on the rim... I noticed the paint is SUPER thin and soft :( a small rock hit the bottom of the front bumper while i was driving and almost took the paint right off..

I love my car but it seem soooooo delicate!!
Old 04-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Wow I havent got mine yet and hope they get things ironed out for you. We are beta testers you know.
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
ctinatx

Drives: 2014 SS Sedan
That stinks. Hopefully it is fixed soon.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
Angella
~Living the Dream~

i hope so too~ i didnt realize the whole top shifted until yesterday AFTER i dropped it off.. im hoping they know its not right and fix that too!! the weather is getting to be SOOO nice and i want to drive it around!! Esp since my BF is flying in on Tuesday and he still hasnt seen it yet...
Old 04-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #5
mikeec

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Vert IOM/IOM
Picked mine up yesterday. While we were going through everything, the drivers side rear window soffet didn't seat right. The rear window wouldn't go down. So we recycled the top going down and everything went down smoothly. We then raised it and the soffet seated right but then another piece along the body had shifted. We called the shop manager and he checked everything and helped to align it again. Makes me wonder if this is why it took so long to get? Since I've had my baby it has done nothing but rain. Suppose to be sunny and in the 80's tomorrow. We'll see. Good luck Angella.
mikeec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #6
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Thanks!

Hope everything is going ok with your Baby~ When did you pick it up? i know what you mean about the rain! :( yea tomorrow 80 degrees and having to drive down to richmond is going to KILL ME!!!!!! enjoy the ride tomorrow~ ill be looking for it on the road tomorrow!
Old 04-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #7
DaddySS
Kept The Faith

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Sorry to hear that, let us know how it goes.
DaddySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #8
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
Sorry to hear about you bad luck. I know they are replacing the top for 1981 Z28's car so they may have to do that for you as well. Today was the fisr day it was warm and dry enough for us to put the top down and it was fantastic being able to drive it that way. So far we have been lucky and have had no issues with ours. I hope you get it back soon.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:15 PM   #9
LOCKENESS-MONSTA

Drives: Like a pro
That sicks man hope they fix if as soon as posible
Old 04-09-2011, 10:53 PM   #10
1981 Z28
TRIPLE BLACK 2SS/RS VERT

Drives: 1981 Z28 Blue with Blue Stripes
Angella, I sure hope they get yours fixed very fast. I told them I was NOT leaving mine there over the weekend because I had too much to do to it. So they agreed and told me to bring it back in Tuesday AM. The new top will be there Monday. I will keep an eye on the back window like the problem you had. So far mine has bee OK. I watch it everytime I put it down or up to make sure everything is OK. I will start a thread tomorrow night or Monday with the transformation of my car. I have been taking pictures as it changes. More mods tomorrow.

1981 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #11
Angella
~Living the Dream~

i cant wait to see it!! i have to upload the final pictures of mine! i finally got all the cosmetic things done besides the headlights!! i cant wait to get those on!!
Old 04-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #12
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angella View Post
Sooo i picked up my convertible on March 24 and for a week it was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! then it took the turn for the worst...

Morning of April 6:

I went to put the top down and it only went half way.. the bars would not even attempt to side down they were sticking straight up.. the fabric part managed to make it down.. i looked at it and was like ~ sooo i brought it back up and tried it again... the bars went down this time but not all the way (Man i wish i took pictuers) i sighed and pushed a little pressure on it to see if it would help... it didnt budge

So here i am trying it ONE LAST TIME! finally it goes down all the way

So i head out with my friends not thinking much of it~ came home at the end of the night and put the top up and went on my merry way..

April 7~

That morning 6 AM before i set off on my 100 mile trip to work.. Top went down beautifully~ looks amazing~ perfect day so i put on my cover and took off for Baltimore!

Got home that night at 6PM and washed the car to put it away. Then i noticed the rear window i was sitting 4 inches lower than normal!! I run inside and checked pictures to make sure i wasnt going crazy.. and yes in fact my window was lower than the first pictures i posted and NOT ONLY THAT! there was something pressing against the fabric by the window! I crawl into the backseat and go under the fabric cover... My Rear Windows DETACHED FROM THE HINGES and was just hanging there... The hinges were half holding the window up on one side.. and i had the same gap 1981 Z29 had going on....

i brought it into the dealership and they said it wont get fixed until Monday.... they wouldnt even let me keep her at home until Monday because they are scared that the hinges will eat thru the fabric and cause major holes...

i know i know.. pictures... but yea i was freaking out sooo bad Pictures were the last thing on my mind... This is the 3rd repair on my car in 2 weeks! when it first arrived i had paint chipped off in both corners where the trunk meets the bumper and a good size scratch on the rim... I noticed the paint is SUPER thin and soft :( a small rock hit the bottom of the front bumper while i was driving and almost took the paint right off..

I love my car but it seem soooooo delicate!!
Hope your dealer did the mod before giving it to you...Bill received his and it wasn`t done also:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140201
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #13
1981 Z28
TRIPLE BLACK 2SS/RS VERT

Drives: 1981 Z28 Blue with Blue Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angella View Post
i cant wait to see it!! i have to upload the final pictures of mine! i finally got all the cosmetic things done besides the headlights!! i cant wait to get those on!!
How's the new top working for you now? I just took mine in this morning to get my top replaced. How long was yours down and out? They told me it would take 2 days to replace it. Hope you didn't get hit with all that bad weather that went across the country??? As far as that goes I hope everyone else made it through the bad weather fine!!!!!!!!!!!
Angella you need to take a ride down here so we can take some pics of the 2 cars together!!!!! I have picked out some great photo spots.

1981 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:14 AM   #14
Angella
~Living the Dream~

ill try to make it down ASAP! with no leave left its hard to make a trip anywhere :'(