Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 04-22-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
galron70-SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Blk/Blk
SS Camaro in Houston

I just got an email from Allen Samuels Chevy in Houston stating they had a Camaro in their show room.

I gave the place a call and he stated they have an SS in the showroom.

I did not order from Allen Samuels because in December they were quoting 2K over MSRP.

I am heading there afer work and will take some pics if I can.

Can't wait to see it.

galron70-SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
SamsinSS

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS
Send a message via MSN to SamsinSS
I just left Ron Craft in Baytown and got the scoop on a big event coming up! 26 dealerships will be getting 2 LT's each on the 7th of May! The really cool thing is that on the 7th all 52 cars will be parked at Minute Maid park for the Thursday night game!! I WILL BE THERE!!!
SamsinSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:47 PM   #3
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Yeah, theres a thread somewhere around here about the event. It starts out at Sam Houston Race Park and eventually makes it way to Minute Maid park for the game. 25 of the cars are already on the ground here and are parked at Lone Star Chevrolet on the NW side of town.
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #4
galron70-SS/RS

Just got back. I would not buy a car from Allen Sammuels if you gave me the money.

They have an orange SS but it was up on a trailer so you could not see inside. The sales guy would not even let me within 2 feet of it.

Then he give me the whopper. He says it will be 11.5K over MSRP. I kind of laughed and said, You really think your going to get that? He said someone was coming by later this evening.

I told him I ordered from Davis Chevy on 610 and he then told me that my salesman will get my car in and try to sell it to me for the same price he is asking. I told him I had it in writing and he said, well I hope he doesnt screw you.

He then told me they were the only dealership in Houston that had a Camaro and they would have 5 more in the next two weeks. He said other dealerships would not get any until June. I just smiled since I knew he was telling a big fat lie. From them on I tuned him out and focused on the car.

From what I could see, looking up at it, it looks sweet. I am kind of glad I did not get IOM. Dont hate, just not my fav.

I am hoping my dealer does not try to pull one over on me. God help him if he does. Dont these people realize how quickly we can get information out over the net and these forums?

Oh well, sorry I did not take any pics, they would not have been any good. If you want to see an orange ss go by and take a look. But get ready for the BS, it is thick out there.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:20 PM   #5
LS 1st gen
Kept the Faith.

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS
Send a message via AIM to LS 1st gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by galron70-SS/RS View Post
Just got back. I would not buy a car from Allen Sammuels if you gave me the money.

They have an orange SS but it was up on a trailer so you could not see inside. The sales guy would not even let me within 2 feet of it.

Then he give me the whopper. He says it will be 11.5K over MSRP. I kind of laughed and said, You really think your going to get that? He said someone was coming by later this evening.

I told him I ordered from Davis Chevy on 610 and he then told me that my salesman will get my car in and try to sell it to me for the same price he is asking. I told him I had it in writing and he said, well I hope he doesnt screw you.

He then told me they were the only dealership in Houston that had a Camaro and they would have 5 more in the next two weeks. He said other dealerships would not get any until June. I just smiled since I knew he was telling a big fat lie. From them on I tuned him out and focused on the car.

From what I could see, looking up at it, it looks sweet. I am kind of glad I did not get IOM. Dont hate, just not my fav.

I am hoping my dealer does not try to pull one over on me. God help him if he does. Dont these people realize how quickly we can get information out over the net and these forums?

Oh well, sorry I did not take any pics, they would not have been any good. If you want to see an orange ss go by and take a look. But get ready for the BS, it is thick out there.
What has your experience with Davis been like so far? I'm kind of up in the air between them and the new Classic. Every other dealer I've talked to has given me the same crap about the markups..not 11.5k though...that's insane.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:53 AM   #6
galron70-SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS 1st gen View Post
What has your experience with Davis been like so far? I'm kind of up in the air between them and the new Classic. Every other dealer I've talked to has given me the same crap about the markups..not 11.5k though...that's insane.

I told the salesman, you know people who have the money, have not looked at this site, and just have to have it now will pay 11.5K over, but you will not get the volume of sales with this type of mark up. Hey, its a free market and they can do what they want. But they should know they will get posted on sites like these as being crazy.

So far it has been pretty good at Davis Chevy. I think another forum member is getting one from there too and he was getting the same deal. (MSRP) I am working with Al Flores over there and he has been very helpful. If you go see him, tell him Blaze sent you.

I have read in other places that people who pre-ordered before March 16 may get their cars for MSRP, but after that it is up to the dealers.

If you talk to them let me know what kind of price/time frame they give you. If they are starting to move over MSRP then we will have to take their name off of the MRSP or below dealer thread.