Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #1079
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoynuR View Post
Not really.. the 2010 ss i owned compared to the 2012 gt i drove was worlds apart. Ford is just not up to par on the interior of their cars or suspension.
You clearly drove the base model GT. this argument has beaten like a woman from Arkansas. The base model mustang interior sucks the premium is much better. The GT500 and Premium models are light years ahead and have mostly aluminum. I have both cars and it is very much clear which cars interior is superior.

Glad to see the 1LE package is coming out so the SS will have some respectable handling, note I mean to be respected, not as if the current SS can't corner it's just not very composed.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #1080
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
You clearly drove the base model GT. this argument has beaten like a woman from Arkansas. The base model mustang interior sucks the premium is much better. The GT500 and Premium models are light years ahead and have mostly aluminum. I have both cars and it is very much clear which cars interior is superior.

Glad to see the 1LE package is coming out so the SS will have some respectable handling, note I mean to be respected, not as if the current SS can't corner it's just not very composed.
As much as it pains me to admit I think the Mustang interior might have a higher quality and is overall better, I think GM saved some money, provided a little better-than-adequate interior, and put it toward things that have to do with dynamics of the car.

I'm fine with that

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #1081
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
As much as it pains me to admit I think the Mustang interior might have a higher quality and is overall better, I think GM saved some money, provided a little better-than-adequate interior, and put it toward things that have to do with dynamics of the car.

I'm fine with that
The only problem I have with the Camaro and GM as a whole is that there really isn't much innovating going on. Not to take away from the 1LE's ability, but it's almost to me like it's just an oh me too car. I really wish GMO would have one used Ford with the Z28 because that would've impressed me a lot, where is this is more than anything a track pack on top of the SS. I want Team Camaro to grow some balls and show some initiative and one up Ford.

All that being said I'm sure that the 1LR will be a great car for everyone that buys it, all I'm saying is I wish Chevy had done it first instead of following Ford. Understandably though this kind of thing happens when you're l dead for seven years, you have to get back into the loop. I would gladly kill for the 1LE but pfadt would be cheaper at this point for me should I choose to mod suspension.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #1082
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
The only problem I have with the Camaro and GM as a whole is that there really isn't much innovating going on. Not to take away from the 1LE's ability, but it's almost to me like it's just an oh me too car. I really wish GMO would have one used Ford with the Z28 because that would've impressed me a lot, where is this is more than anything a track pack on top of the SS. I want Team Camaro to grow some balls and show some initiative and one up Ford.

All that being said I'm sure that the 1LR will be a great car for everyone that buys it, all I'm saying is I wish Chevy had done it first instead of following Ford. Understandably though this kind of thing happens when you're l dead for seven years, you have to get back into the loop. I would gladly kill for the 1LE but pfadt would be cheaper at this point for me should I choose to mod suspension.
Excellent points, IMVHO.

I agree. It's kinda' hard, though, since they were out of the game for so long. That's not an excuse, but there are definately things I'd love to see GM do that I think would elevate the brand as a whole, and especially CAMARO. I still find it hard to believe we don't have Z28 yet...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #1083
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
The mustang interior uses higher quality components compared to the camaro. However, I believe the layout of the interior is better on the camaro. I have to wonder where the money they saved went as a camaro before any rebates or incentives has a MSRP that is higher than the mustang and the mustang now gives HID headlights standard and not as a $1350 option.

Quote:
Yes, this kind of thing does happen when you are dead for seven years, but look at Ford. They were caught off guard by the LS3 in the camaro. 426 hp compared to 315 they had at the time. They managed to bring the 5.0 coyote motor into production in 2 year with 412 hp. That wasn't their only project. They made major changes to the GT500 during that time as well. GM can't even get the build your car up for 2013 camaros although they have already hit dealership lots months ago. Ford is just able to react quicker and its an adavantage.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #1084
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
The mustang interior uses higher quality components compared to the camaro. However, I believe the layout of the interior is better on the camaro. I have to wonder where the money they saved went as a camaro before any rebates or incentives has a MSRP that is higher than the mustang and the mustang now gives HID headlights standard and not as a $1350 option.

Yes, this kind of thing does happen when you are dead for seven years, but look at Ford. They were caught off guard by the LS3 in the camaro. 426 hp compared to 315 they had at the time. They managed to bring the 5.0 coyote motor into production in 2 year with 412 hp. That wasn't their only project. They made major changes to the GT500 during that time as well. GM can't even get the build your car up for 2013 camaros although they have already hit dealership lots months ago. Ford is just able to react quicker and its an adavantage.
It's all relative the Camaro's gauges (4 Pack) are absolutely retarded in their placement. The Radio is another questionable piece as is the HVAC Controls (more so in the MyLink Radio). Otherwise the only real problem with the Camaro is the lack of quality materials. I assume the 6th gen will use a little more thought with them.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:33 PM   #1085
NoynuR

Drives: 2008 M3 ESS Supercharged 650Hp
Quote:

the mustang was a fully loaded gt/cs no way it was a base the sticker on it was around 38k
NoynuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #1086
cbass

The mustang interior layout has design features that make is annoying and difficult to live with.

1. The steering wheels feels like it's sitting in your lap with no telescopic adjustment.
2. The speakers pop out of the door on both driver and passenger sides and pop into your leg space.
3. The console is wide and pops into your other leg space on both driver and passenger sides.
4. Look at all those buttons cluttered in the center console. Driving the SS Enterprise?

And not that the back seat will ever be great on any of these cars, but look how far the center console travels. Nobody sits on that hump, but the console protruding there does pop into the passengers leg space and they have very little of it.

The camaro layout seems to not suffer from the same layout problems as the mustang.

1. The steering wheel has more space so it doesn't feel like it's in your lap and has telescopic adjustment.
2. The speakers are flush with the door and do not pop out into your leg space.
3. The console is nice and compact not intruding into the driver and passenger leg space.
4. The console is more compact with a simplier design yet still accomplishes the same level of functunality.

I agree with you about the 4 pack guage. The placement of it is poor.

The back seat seems to have more leg room and well as not as much interference with leg space compared to the mustang. It also has armrests, which IDK if those are good or bad.

Now the quality of the interior is mustang all the way.

1. Look at the nice use of aluminum on the dashboard, steering wheel,and guages. Camaro? Fisher Price plastic.
2. Although you can't see it I believe the pedals are metal as well. Camaro? Standard rubber or whatever it is.

And with the visibility problems on the camaro. Why can't they give those fish eye mirrors standard like on the mustang?
Old 07-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #1087
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
the mustang was a fully loaded gt/cs no way it was a base the sticker on it was around 38k
If that's the case, you have no idea what you're talking about. With all due respect, interior styling is subjective, the materials used is not. The only plastic in a premium Mustang interior is the radio surround, door and rear passenger panels etc, a pillar covers, b pillar covers, Center console (excluding the door), and various other small pieces.

Now let's list what isn't plastic in the Camaro interior. The Seats, Shift Knob, Dash Insert (2012+), Steering Wheel (outside only the rest is plastic), Carpet, Headliner, Center Console Door and Armrests.

Now back to the 1LE and how awesome it will perform....
Old 07-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #1088
cbass

Quote:
Even so who cares? If you buy a 1SS or 2SS you still get the same plastic interior. It's amazing that the 2SS which often stickers in that price doesn't get a premium interior.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #1089
cbass

Quote:
If that's the case, you have no idea what you're talking about. With all due respect, interior styling is subjective, the materials used is not. The only plastic in a premium Mustang interior is the radio surround, door and rear passenger panels etc, a pillar covers, b pillar covers, Center console (excluding the door), and various other small pieces.

Now let's list what isn't plastic in the Camaro interior. The Seats, Shift Knob, Dash Insert (2012+), Steering Wheel (outside only the rest is plastic), Carpet, Headliner, Center Console Door and Armrests.

Now back to the 1LE and how awesome it will perform....
All I want to know is if it will beat the boss 302 on the track as GM claims.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #1090
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
All I want to know is if it will beat the boss 302 on the track as GM claims.
I agree, I want some proof. Just saying so doesn't hold any water. I'm excited to are what it does!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #1091
Firerader

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary/Hennessey
Can't do the LE1...

:upset:

My dealer contacted me today about ordering an LE1. We went through the option sheet, which I have, and the car came in at 45K. Granted it was nicely loaded but not Mac.

I was preparing myself for 40K but we just can't go 45K. I guess we're in the 2010 for the long hall.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #1092
cbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firerader View Post
:upset:

My dealer contacted me today about ordering an LE1. We went through the option sheet, which I have, and the car came in at 45K. Granted it was nicely loaded but not Mac.

I was preparing myself for 40K but we just can't go 45K. I guess we're in the 2010 for the long hall.
What options did you add?

Tags
1le, 1le camaro, 1le forum, camaro 1le, camaro 1le forum, camaro performance package, camaro track pack, camaro track package, where's our z/28?