Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-08-2009, 08:22 PM   #1
Bawt
Future Camaro Owner!

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT soon
Sorry guys...

I'm considering buying a Grey (looks exactly like CGM) 2010 Mustang GT. Has premium package, electronics, remote start, comfort package, and is basically fully loaded. MSRP is $38,700.00

I really love the exterior look of the Camaro, absolutely beautiful. I also love how it comes with 20's, Tapshift, and remote start. Plus the 426 horses

However, the interior of the Camaro was a huge disappointment. It may not matter to some of you but I really hate how you can't get an electronics package in the Camaro, it almost feels like GM is getting lazy?

Also, I hate how the HID's won't run in harmony with the flood lamps, why not? What's wrong with that GM?

I haven't fully made up my mind, and maybe I'll wait until the 2011 Camaro comes out to see what GM can bring, but for now, I'm not buyin.

GM is my favorite American car company, and I love Chevy, but I may take Ford's side on this one.

Convince me otherwise?
Old 06-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #2
BlackSunsine

Drives: 1967 Custom Camaro
Why, if you are a Mustang lover, there really is nothing wrong with that.

It may be less powered and smaller and not worth as much in 10 years, but if you are happy, then hell, get one!!!

There really is nothing wrong with the Rustangs

1967 Chevrolet Camaro (1983)
2004 Harley Davidson Road King(2004)
Ex 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe (2007) (Totaled Labor Day)
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe (Thursday)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS(2009)

Colorado Fall - Beautiful - Cool - Snow is soon!!!
BlackSunsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #3
electlatino

Drives: 2SS with RS and Ground Effects
you have to go with what you like. no car is perfect, there's a lot the camaro could have differently that would make me happy.

if you think the mustang is better for you, then go for it!! we're all americans here, so nothing wrong with american muscle cars!! (even if it is a ford...)
electlatino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
you are on a camaro forum...i say stick with the hottest looking car of the century!!
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #5
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
I'm sorry but you don't buy a muscle car for the interior, just the way I see it. Well I guess u might but I don't.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #6
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
I agree that I would have liked to have seen a tech package on the Camaro. I was originally going to wait for the 2 door CTS but I fell in love with this car. If your really into the camaro, you'll go for a portable nav and your tech package is complete. The interior on the mustang is nothing to write home about... if anything I would argue it's too busy, like most ford interiors.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:28 PM   #7
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
I'm not sure I'd buy a car for NAV and having HIDs with the fogs. Wait, does the Mustang offer HIDs with fogs?

So if NAV is the reason for purchase and not performance, Mustang is the right choice.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #8
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Do what you gotta do, but I love the interior on my Black 2SS. I will not try to convince you one way or the other. You have to please yourself and only you know what you will
be truly happy with. Kick it around, read some more posts. The answer will come to you. What you want to avoid is getting the new car and then seeing the other one after the fact and say to yourself, dam I made the wrong choice. Good luck.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:30 PM   #9
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
What kind of electronics do you want? The 2SS for the same price as that Mustang GT will include the C&C package, allowing for USB connection, Bluetooth, and aux port. Buttons come on the steering wheel. Even the upgraded Boston Acoustics sound system comes with it.

You can modify all of your other complaints with a little work. The HIDs could run with floods with a few wiring changes. I'm sure a kit will become available for this. In fact, I'm certain that there is a kit somewhere to swap your fog lights with HIDs that could probably be wired to go with your other HIDs. Be creative. Custom parts are the difference between a car and your car.

I'd hate to see you get in the inferior alternative because it is more high-tech inside, but I can't make the decision for you. If that is your choice, we'll be seeing you in our rearview mirrors. It would be different if you were committed to the Mustang brand, but your loyalty is with GM. Buy what you love and do what you need to make it right for you.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #10
Nezacant

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Get what you want! Thats seems to be the theme of this forum. Doesn't need to be a Camaro. If you get the Mustang, enjoy it! It's an awesome car!
Old 06-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #11
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Every time I sit in a 5thgen I feel like a 12 year old version of me checking out a '97 F-body SS. Love it.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #12
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
I'm the exact opposite, the thing that turns me off the mustang is it's interior. The mustang interior is so "Ford parts bin" materials. The center stack in particular with the stereo looks HORRIDLY cheap.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #13
JPAYORK

Drives: 2007 Toyota FJ
I have to say, the interior on the Mustang is flat and bland and unappealing, nothing has changed. It looks like every other Ford to me. If that's what you want then get it by all means. I just think the interior on the Camaro is much nicer, more innovative. If you're mad because you can't pull the deck out and put in a Sony (or whatever) then get the mustang. Why do you need to drive around with fog lights on anyway, is it foggy year round?
JPAYORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #14
mikenmar

Drives: Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawt View Post
I'm considering buying a Grey (looks exactly like CGM) 2010 Mustang GT.
Well yeah, but it won't be cyber grey.

Seriously though, I wouldn't buy any car based on an electronics package. All that crap will be out-dated in about what, six months? You're lucky if you take delivery before then.
mikenmar is offline   Reply With Quote