Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-06-2009, 12:55 PM   #15
Wild Bill

Drives: Camaro 2015 RS CRM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
First, my advice is to set aside a few hrs., and DON'T be overwhelmed with the steps. Zaino is very easy to use.

Here's a quick summary;

1. Wash with Dawn if the car has been waxed/polished previously.
2. If the car is new, its fine to wash it now with the Zaino car wash.
3. If you have clay, while the car is still wet (not necessary to dry after initial washing) begin claying.
4. Once the entire car has been clayed, wash again with Zaino car wash, drying it completely afterwards.
5. Begin adding coats of polish; hood, roof, trunk - front to back motion
sides - top to bottom motion

* It is recommened by Zaino that you do no more than 3 coats within 24 hrs.

* Make sure and use a good quality towel for drying/polish removal.

Thank You!!
6000 - 7/17/09
See my Thread in New York Metro Area.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33878
Wild Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #16
SRFnSNO

Drives: Blown & Flamed
The treatment from the dealer I received. Simonized (inside and exterior treatment) $400

the interior is stated as above.
The exterior is to create a glass coat finish on the surface of clear coat.

http://www.simonizusa.com/consumer/C...z_System_5.asp

Last edited by SRFnSNO; 07-06-2009 at 01:11 PM.
SRFnSNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #17
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
I think the seat thing is from the extended warranty, The dealer offered Zurich, said it was a promotion they offered. They also said that they would replace the seats if anything under a 1/4" tear was put on the seats, so if you sit in your car witha screwdriver and puncture the seats then it will be replaced. I got 7 yr 100000 mile bumper to bumper, interior protection, wheel and tire protection, plus 2 free oil changes for 1200.00.

Thanks for the tips on detailing it is a great help Moose.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #18
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee rules View Post
You recomend not using a car wash ( hand wand ) what do you use to keep the bugs of the front grill and body , I have already put a screen on the rad , mine is a daily driver so doing it by hand every couple days gets time consuming LOL ( don't mind ) . Will a light power wash hurt the finish ??? Thanks :-)
First, I'd make sure you have a good coat of wax/polish on the front of the vehicle. This will make removal of the bugs, etc., much easier.

If you're referring to a car wash where you pull in and use a quarter operated wand, that's OK. But, you should also be able to rinse the bugs off with a garden hose with decent water pressure.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #19
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarcum View Post
Ok, here's my question. I Zaino'ed my car when I first got it (Dawn, Zaino wash, clay, Z2, Z6, Z2, Z6). In two weeks I am getting the glossy bumblebee stripes from Vinylgraphics.net installed. So, what should I do afterwards to re-clean and re-protect the car since I assume the installer will have to strip the Zaino before he installs the vinyl. And should I Zaino the stripes, or just the paint around the stripes?
Let the installer know you Zainoed the area where the stripes are to be installed.

Once they're applied, if they have a "gloss coat" atop them, you can Zaino them. My brother owned a 10th Anniversary Firhawk which had vinyl stripes, and I applied Zaino on them, being careful to avoid the edges. They looked great.

The installer should only have to clean the area where the stripes are being applied.

But to be safe, give then 24 hrs. to "set', then you can Zaino the car and stripes.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #20
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Just talked with my husband and he had it written down! The dealer offered a Auto Armour and Crystal Fusion service for $1200 that was of course on "sale" for $695! The window treatment sounds bogus, supposed to cut glare and halos at night around street lights. We have leather seats, so I don't know about how that Armour stuff would help. And then the exterior stuff was a protect it for life, never need wax type of deal?!
rmpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:44 PM   #21
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpackers View Post
Just talked with my husband and he had it written down! The dealer offered a Auto Armour and Crystal Fusion service for $1200 that was of course on "sale" for $695! The window treatment sounds bogus, supposed to cut glare and halos at night around street lights. We have leather seats, so I don't know about how that Armour stuff would help. And then the exterior stuff was a protect it for life, never need wax type of deal?!
It's just my opinion, but I'd save that $695.

I've never heard of the window treatment.

$695 will buy you ALOT of wax/polish, leather/interior protection products, and window cleaner.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:09 PM   #22
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
It's just my opinion, but I'd save that $695.

I've never heard of the window treatment.

$695 will buy you ALOT of wax/polish, leather/interior protection products, and window cleaner.
Thanks dude! That's kinda what we thought too!
rmpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:23 PM   #23
Deeboe
Bowtie, FOR LIFE!!!!

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS SW/IOM Interrior
what products do you recommend for leather interrior, I want to keep it fresh and always new looking and wrinkle free if possiable.

thnx!

SSG D
2010 CGM SS/RS A6 (RIP)
one pissed SS right there!!!!
Deeboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #24
sav1

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Ed,

Should I throw away my polish applicators after use? or can I wash them and re-use?
sav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:01 PM   #25
Ronbo

Drives: 2010 2SS silver black stripes
Waxing/Sealing New Paint

I read on the forum that a cover should not be used for three months to allow the paint to cure. What about waxing/sealing the paint. I want to use Zaino but how long do I have to wait after taking delivery?
Ronbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #26
faninc

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS in SIM
Want a polish that makes the car look great after rain and between long car washes? Try Durashine (maker of Dura Lube).

I saw an infomercial 10 years a go, have used on every car since (including Corvette).

People ask me all time if I just washed my car? Sadly, some times 3-5weeks have gone by but the car shines and looks great! It has a "sheathing" action that repels rain from giving you those water marks.

Anyway, I do not work for them so I will stop there.

best
J
faninc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:30 PM   #27
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeboe View Post
what products do you recommend for leather interrior, I want to keep it fresh and always new looking and wrinkle free if possiable.

thnx!

SSG D
There are good brands available, but I prefer Zaino's 'Leather Cleaner/Conditioner' followed up with Zaino 'Leather Conditioner'.

It works great and actually smells like new leather.

There are other brands available which are good too, but I prefer Zaino.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:33 PM   #28
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav1 View Post
Ed,

Should I throw away my polish applicators after use? or can I wash them and re-use?
Provided they're not too dirty, I wash mine and will use them a second time. Beyond that, they usually become applicators for tire dressing.

Generally, when I'm applying Zaino, about 1/3 to 1/2 of the applicator absorbs the polish. The backside is generally still clean. I wash them, cold water, and dry them on light heat, removing while still damp.

Go with your instincts. If its still clean, a wash and reuse is OK.