Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 09-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #29
o2camaross

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 04 silvy
tell me about it man im soo pi$$ed. i will never buy a new GM vehicle again. I argued with the service manager for an hour and then spent another hour talking to GM customer service and they told me that its not covered under warranty.UGHHH
o2camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #30
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Like I said PM Fbodfather and see what he thinks.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:02 PM   #31
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2camaross View Post
tell me about it man im soo pi$$ed. i will never buy a new GM vehicle again. I argued with the service manager for an hour and then spent another hour talking to GM customer service and they told me that its not covered under warranty.UGHHH
You never did say the dealer's name and location
Old 09-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #32
nassau97

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 97 Vette 91 Vette
Ligenfelter makes replacement half shafts that are good for 1000 horsepower. They are kind of pricey but rather than keep paying for GM parts that will probably break again and not be covered by warranty, this might be the way to go. Just a thought. Crock of s**t that your dealer denied warranty coverage.
nassau97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #33
Fesler

Drives: 1969 Camaro and 2010 Camaro's
Fesler Half shafts and Center sections

We have race half shaft that we sell as an upgrade for people that want to drive the cars hard. You need to find another dealer to work on the car for you. There is no reason the dealer would not replace this part but you are going to break it again if you stay factory. Anyone that drops the clutch on the right surface is going to snap things.

We are offering new center sections that will be done very soon and be able to handle well over 1000HP along with new shafts that we build as they are ordered. If anyone is interested please call or PM me and I will see what we have. I try to keep them on hand

We are also designing a complete new rear end that will handle over 1500HP all day long. We are rebuilding everything to handle huge power so the rear end will handle all you can give it.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:04 PM   #34
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau97 View Post
Ligenfelter makes replacement half shafts that are good for 1000 horsepower. They are kind of pricey but rather than keep paying for GM parts that will probably break again and not be covered by warranty, this might be the way to go. Just a thought. Crock of s**t that your dealer denied warranty coverage.
My dealer had no problem covering me under warranty. They will only have my car for a day and a half. There great.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:27 AM   #35
o2camaross

My dealer is courtesy automotive in Ruston, Louisiana. They have been good to me throughout the whole preorder and buying process but totally screwed me with this warranty bs. I'm going to pm mr. Settlemire and se if he can do anything. I guess I'm going to baby it until I have the money for a set of HD ones
Old 09-11-2009, 07:36 AM   #36
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
My dealer is courtesy automotive in Ruston, Louisiana. They have been good to me throughout the whole preorder and buying process but totally screwed me with this warranty bs. I'm going to pm mr. Settlemire and se if he can do anything. I guess I'm going to baby it until I have the money for a set of HD ones
You only have a cat-back exhaust, or full headers, etc? Even with the headers, this is a known issue, it has happened to plenty of people with 100% stock cars. Maybe you could take some of the evidence of others with similar failures and show them this is a factory defect.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:43 AM   #37
o2camaross

I have headers only and yea I was thinking about doing that today.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:55 AM   #38
freemaSSon
Pat @ ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: CGM SS/RS M6
"02camaross" - Be calm, stay relaxed and keep working your way up the chain.

I had a motor denied on clam from Ponitac, my wife (girl friend at the time) had a Grand Prix with 34,000 and the engine only had 1 oil change in its history. It spun a bearing and they refused the claim.

I got MAILING ADDRESSES for the Dealer owner, President of GM, President of Pontiac and layed out all the purchases I had made of GM products and expressed my displeasure and how it was unscrupulous of them to provide a warranty and not honor it.

I left the car at the dealer and it was all resolved within about 7 business day.

My recommendation is to go on a letter writing campaign. NOT EMAIL....CERTIFIED, RETURN RECEIPT LETTERS....DO NOT ARTICULATE YOUR ABUSE OF THE CAR JUST WHAT YOU ARE BEING TOLD AND WHY IT WAS DENIED.....

Keep Us Posted

"There are two types of racers: cheaters...and losers."
Smokey Yunick

freemaSSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:30 AM   #39
o2camaross

That's a great idea. I'm going to work on that today an see what I can do.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:36 AM   #40
MajikMD

Drives: 2SS/RS, 6spd, IOM, blk hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
With all the LS3's breaking I am getting more and more glad I got a L99. If you saw how little tread I have left on my rears you would know I have been having fun.

Sorry about your car.
No offense, but that's kinda a silly / uneducated statement. Your L99 has the same rear and CVs. Oh, and a manual is much more fun
MajikMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:35 AM   #41
haulass350

Drives: 97 silverado
Quote:
last night i was playing with my car just as i usually do. and i did about a 4000rpm clutch dump going about 3 mph to spin the tires and i hear a loud snap and i slam onto the clutch and off the gas and exact word out of my mouth, "guys i think i just f*$ked something up". so i go to ease off the clutch and hear a teriible grinding noise and the car is like jumping!! So i stop and reach my hand back there and feel the right shaft. The cv boot strap was on the axle and the cv boot was not on right and i had grease all over my hand. so i got a tow to my dealership which was 5 minutes away good thing. so i have to go there today and get it sorted out. Im more suprised then mad at myself bc arent these rearends suposed to handle like 700 rwhp? And i should be right at 400rwhp. But i think the cv joints may have been defective bc if im sitting in the driveway and put it in reverse and ease out i hear a "click" on each side in the rear. then put it in first and it does the same thing and if i were to go back and forth all day like that it would keep doing it. My buddy said something may have been stretched and finally gave yesterday. Good thing for warranties. Oh and dont flame about the burnout or clutch dump, im sure you all do it
thats exactly what happened to me. as far as the clicking i figured it was just the parking brake sliding back into place. i dunno though
haulass350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:38 AM   #42
o2camaross

Quote:
Originally Posted by haulass350 View Post
thats exactly what happened to me. as far as the clicking i figured it was just the parking brake sliding back into place. i dunno though
Is your car stock? And did the dealership fix it under warranty?