Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-15-2008, 03:29 PM   #43
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Ive had a 90 olds Cutlas Supreme. I traded that in 1996 with 155k on the od. I had 96 GMC Jimmy traded that in in 01 with 160k on the od. 01 Sierra lease was turned back in 04 with 60 k on it and my current 04 Sierra has 78k and counting. Ill hit a 100 k next year in it. No major issues. The 90 had a trans leak that was covered under warranty and the fuel pump went in the jimmy under warranty. Other then that nothing major. I just bought new tires and that was my first major expense in 7 years.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:45 PM   #44
AZZ28

Drives: '05 Thunderbird
As a whole, I agree with most of these comments (and we also own a BMW - bought it new - and have found it's been the most troublesome vehicle we've ever owned). But I have to tell you that I think ALL American manufacturers have upped their quality in the last decade or so - simply because they've had to to survive.

I've owned several Ford products over the past 35 years, and the 2005 I own today is far and away superior in fit/finish/electronics/performance than any Ford I've owned before. The same could be said for our GM vehicles. I'm sure it's true for Chrysler, too (have never really been a Chrysler fan).

IMO, the American auto manufacturer now HAS to bring their best game to the field, otherwise they'll be abandoned to the wasteheap of history.
AZZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:30 PM   #45
exilio

Drives: Blue
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I think things will be just fine with the Camaro. I'm just nervous buying the first gen of anything. ;-)

Ordered!
2LT/RS - Cyber Gray/Black
exilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:06 AM   #46
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: '03 Envoy, '07 F-150, '12 Charger
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by exilio View Post
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I think things will be just fine with the Camaro. I'm just nervous buying the first gen of anything. ;-)
So am I, and so is my dad. Which is why I'm waiting a little bit before getting my Camaro. IF there are any bugs, they'll be sorted out and fixed.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:08 AM   #47
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
WELL THEN.....you should be happy to know this is the Fifth Generation of camaro. see? problem solved.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:31 AM   #48
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
I am talking the big R as in RELIABILITY.

For years I have only bought foreign, because reliability was important to me. But for the past several years I have really wanted to buy a car from an American auto maker--I really dig the Camaro and would love for it to be that car. However, I am worried about reliability. I want to show my support for an American car make, but I don't want to get hosed in the process.

Anyone else concerned about the same thing?

For years I have wondered why companies like GM don't try to fight the perception that their vehicle are unreliable, by doing things like increasing warranty periods, miles or offering free service.

Anyways -- I would love to hear your guys thoughts.
No worries, my friend. It will be reliable....no prob. If you are concerned that there will be problems, I'm sure the fact that there is a 4 (or is it 5 year?) 100,000 mile warranty now. You know...I think it's a 4 year bumper to bumper and 5 year for powertrain.

Regardless, GM execs drive these vehicles putting thousands of miles on them TRYING to find flaws...and they have to report back with those flaws. We were told that recently, after driving several Chevy vehicles, it was getting more and more difficult finding flaws. The reliability is getting better....MUCH better.

I am not worried ONE BIT. And, I know that if something does break, I'll be covered from GM. First year run vehicle...might be a problem or two...but I'm not worried at all.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote