Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #57
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPredator View Post
Also pertaining to that if y'alls electric oil pump fails does it impede oil flow to the motor or just the turbos??
The suction pump only sucks oil off the turbos and pumps it back to the valve cover. It has nothing to do with the engines oiling system - but good question

Here you can see the oil pump line below the oil pan
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:48 PM   #58
topdragster

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss ls-3
oil suppy

Thanks for the reply. I see the return, so this returns to the valve cover into a existing hole. But where is the supply from? And are all lines in the kit. Don't see them in the pic. thanks
topdragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #59
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdragster View Post
Thanks for the reply. I see the return, so this returns to the valve cover into a existing hole. But where is the supply from? And are all lines in the kit. Don't see them in the pic. thanks
Oil is feed to the turbos from the presure side of the engines sending unit. SO the engine oil pump feeds teh turbos but the turbo seuction pump - pumps it back - like give and take. Oil is pumped back into the valve cover right through the oil filter cap but we recommend for a cleaner install that you drill a hole in the cover right next to the oil filler neck. that way you can vent the valve cover under boost

In this picture you can see the breather we include in the kit so you can vent the oil filler neck
Old 11-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #60
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
In my current turbo setup if the oil pump fails oil will start to back up. It will then make its way past the turbo seals and you will see smoke coming out the exhaust. If you drive to long like that you will run the motor dry. That is why it comes with a warning buzzer to let you know the oil pump is not working properly. I think it has a pressure sensor between the turbo and oil pump and if it gets to high an audible buzzer goes off in the passenger compartment.

Does your kit have something similar?

Also, can you tap the back of the valve cover instead so you can't see the line up front? Or tap the pan above the oil level instead?
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:28 PM   #61
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Yes to all of what you asked - we do offer a warning light that goes off if the pump stops suction. However most opt out becuase the pumps just do not fail to speak of - plus if you see smoke you know something is wrong. You would have to drive over 100 miles before you got close to draining your engine
Old 11-20-2010, 04:19 PM   #62
PoleCat2SSRS2010
R6P Marketing Lab Rat

Drives: sometimes
The dyno runs and graphs have been great so far.

Are there any videos of street driving performance driveability and/or track performance of the GMS TT equipped cars?
Old 11-20-2010, 08:38 PM   #63
Turbo99

Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
So with this kit you can do the autos 610rwhp and 650+ on the manuals? What HP does the autos start to need something done to them to hold up?
Turbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:45 PM   #64
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoleCat2SSRS2010 View Post
The dyno runs and graphs have been great so far.

Are there any videos of street driving performance driveability and/or track performance of the GMS TT equipped cars?
I wish all the guys that purchased the kits would chime in - we have sold like 16 kits to members on this board - My car is still down
Old 11-30-2010, 01:46 PM   #65
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo99 View Post
So with this kit you can do the autos 610rwhp and 650+ on the manuals? What HP does the autos start to need something done to them to hold up?
The trans A6 can actually withstand about 725 rear wheel - the manual about the same before you need a better clutch
Old 11-30-2010, 07:40 PM   #66
PoleCat2SSRS2010
R6P Marketing Lab Rat

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
I wish all the guys that purchased the kits would chime in - we have sold like 16 kits to members on this board - My car is still down
X2

Nothing makes a statement of support like a satisfied customer.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #67
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
X2

agreed - in my case we have had no complaints but not so many guys come back here after they purchase - our cusotmer base is the more advanced - all action - No talk kind of guy (or gal)

As an example we recentlu finished up a 2011 Camaro for the owner of the largest Garbage Company in So Cal - LSX block, blown Twin turbo system - Deal was no pictures and no mention of the car - He agreed I could atl least write this post
Old 11-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #68
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
agreed - in my case we have had no complaints but not so many guys come back here after they purchase - our cusotmer base is the more advanced - all action - No talk kind of guy (or gal)

As an example we recentlu finished up a 2011 Camaro for the owner of the largest Garbage Company in So Cal - LSX block, blown Twin turbo system - Deal was no pictures and no mention of the car - He agreed I could atl least write this post
Probably because he can't legally drive it in so cal

You build great cars CA laws just can't handle them. Which is probably why he didn't want a lot of mention about his car & him
Old 12-01-2010, 12:03 AM   #69
crazz28

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '10 GMC Sierra
Quote:
X2

Well I'm a very satisfied customer from Canada. I basically got production #001 of the kits installed in Tacoma this summer. No video's though, and I never managed to make it to the track this year either, way too busy with work.
I had a 2000km roadtrip from Tacoma back to Canada immediately after I had it installed and it worked flawlessly. Had to drive in a downpour to outrun a hailstorm(literally, if I was a minute later I would've had a dimpled car) and didn't have any hiccups. As a bonus I averaged 25mpg on that return trip.(23mpg stock on the trip down)
I don't know how many 15 minute grocery runs I've turned into over hour long drives, just so I could hear the turbo's & bov's one more time.....and another....and another....and another. Made a couple GT500's ask themselves "wtf just happened". Drives like stock when you want it and a bat out of hell when you want it. Boost is virtually instant.
However it's parked for 4 months now, winter is in full affect up here. Planning on suspension, axles, electronic boost controller, and a new clutch this winter(thank you American Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sales!!) Hopefully I'll manage a 427 swap as well to make these turbo's work a little harder

Without any videos I know I can only tell you so much and the rest you have to see to believe, but I will say that it's fun as hell and I would do the exact same thing over again.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:01 PM   #70
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
I'm thinking of getting one of these kit's for our shop car.I like the sound of 8-10lbs of boost for now.Nice meth injection kit and some 9 second 1/4 mile times...Hmmmmmm

Then next summer add a 416ci motor,Kenne Bell --- compound boost -yum....
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote