Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-27-2019, 09:02 PM   #15
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Depends on what you want to use the car for. I drive mine on the street mostly and haven't dragged it yet. So for me a whopple made sense, lots of torque and throttle control and response. Big power for racing, for sure turbo is superior. I've never driven a camaro making 800whp on a turbo but I've driven a duramax with 700whp and 1300wtq. It was a lot of fun but there was a very disconnected feeling to the powe with the turbo lag and a bit of power run on after letting off. I didn't like it too much. Didn't feel like i had good control.
Old 08-27-2019, 10:54 PM   #16
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajefe Couple View Post
I was leaning towards a supercharger since had been told was the best for my set up with the big cam, low gears, stall, etc.. Would be interested in hearing what they say on the subject.
Big cam and stall are perfect/ needed for turbo. And low gears are always great for cars down around 700whp even 800whp with good tires, no matter what power adder. With the weight of these car's I would only start going taller gears over 1000whp. And with a good stall you literally are never out of power, turbo lag is really only an issue on manual cars when they have big oversized turbos. The car I'm driving right now is 3.91, 6L90, cam and 3600rpm stall. Any time you hit the gas whether off the line or at any speed, it's just violently fast. I have it running 9psi in 1st and 13psi in 2nd up. That's 150whp jump for the higher gears.

We make more hp on 100% stock LS3 than a TVS2300 can make on a $25,000 LSX
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote