Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-28-2009, 07:49 PM   #29
Gunmetal

Drives: Cyber Grey 1SS/RS w/Body Kit
I got GMS, I had to put 1000 dollar deposit though. Got My 1SS/RS w/GF for 31300. With 500 Rebate off. Took 2 1/2 months to get from order date though
Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:54 PM   #30
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
my grandfathers GM discount gave me almost 2k, so that was somewhat a good for me. but i feel that 2k would not stop me from buying a camaro. like my total was 37k with discount 35k. i would have still payed 37k.......
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:40 PM   #31
CGM DIVA

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
If you can't afford this car after a couple hundred dollar discounts how do you intent to afford gas? Maintenance? Maybe you should just buy a cheaper car.
+ 1

Wow... lots of bitchassedness going on around here... Please people, stop your whining...When your talking about buying a car like the Camaro, it should be because it speaks to you. NOT because you can get extra discounts. I can see how not being able to cash in on some programs would be frustrating. Heck, I couldn't qualify for Cash for Clunkers cause my Neon was considered "more emmissions friendly" than my 2SS... frustrating? YES... deal breaker? NO... life isn't always fair.. this is a lesson that MOST people learn in grammer school...its okay to get things off your chest, but don't wallow in self pity
Old 11-28-2009, 08:44 PM   #32
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM DIVA View Post
When your talking about buying a car like the Camaro, it should be because it speaks to you. NOT because you can get extra discounts.
I could not agree more! Sadly, this is not the case in many
instances. :(
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:51 PM   #33
FutureCamaroOwner

Drives: White 1SS/Black Stripes
Quote:
+ 1

Wow... lots of bitchassedness going on around here... Please people, stop your whining...When your talking about buying a car like the Camaro, it should be because it speaks to you. NOT because you can get extra discounts. I can see how not being able to cash in on some programs would be frustrating. Heck, I couldn't qualify for Cash for Clunkers cause my Neon was considered "more emmissions friendly" than my 2SS... frustrating? YES... deal breaker? NO... life isn't always fair.. this is a lesson that MOST people learn in grammer school...its okay to get things off your chest, but don't wallow in self pity

I like the word play sir. Have to agree with you on it. Definitly not a deal breaker for me but is a bummer
FutureCamaroOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:59 PM   #34
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie.briseno View Post
I also bought my car at MSRP and the only incentive I might get is the $500 discount from the 60-day satisfaction. I chose my car based on what I wanted, not whether or not I got good incentives, and beleive me I asked, but i still bought the car of my dreams and am not upset one little bit.

Buy a car cuz you really want it not cuz you got a discount
Exactly!

Big whiner baby doesn't get a GMS discount when the Camaro is already priced below an equivalent Mustang.

I bought at MSRP from a great dealership and am more than pleased with my Camaro.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:02 PM   #35
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsss View Post
I have spent hundreds of hours on this forum researching my next car, the 2010 Camaro SS. Now we are told that GM will not offer us the GMS (employee discount). I was fully ready to order this spring. NO I don't want to buy out of stock, or look for an incoming order! F-em, I will go get something else. I just cant believe they would screw us over like that!!
Me either! Go get yourself a kickass Challenger or Mustang! You won't regret it!

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #36
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
I had supplier discount, but the dealer would not honor it. I paid MSRP minus the $500 rebate.

It sounds like many people here are starting to get invoice or near. The used value of this car is going to tank unless GM controls production and pricing.

I paid $25375 + TTL for my Aqua Blue LT with Auto and spare tire. I'm already starting to think this couldn't be sold anywhere near that.

Too bad. If GM screws the used car value, then this is the last GM prodcut I buy. I've been a foreign car buyer for the last 15 years due to quality and the cars holding their value. You can drive a Civic 80,000 miles and still sell it for good change.

Kinda of disturbing.
Exactly. This is why I can sell my Challenger RT for more than I paid for it now.

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #37
Aquaman

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT Aqua Blue
Quote:
+ 1

.... NO... life isn't always fair.. this is a lesson that MOST people learn in grammer school...its okay to get things off your chest, but don't wallow in self pity

It's spelled Grammar School. Just a lesson in Grammar.

Remember, we all have different reasons for owning and purchasing a car. I didn't see any "whining", just some good conversation.
Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:22 PM   #38
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by rham48 View Post
Me either! Go get yourself a kickass Challenger or Mustang! You won't regret it!
Challenger = fugly

Mustang = dime a dozen at a higher price than an equivalent Camaro.

Camaro = cool, still bargain price at MSRP.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:24 PM   #39
CGM DIVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
I could not agree more! Sadly, this is not the case in many
instances. :(
BackinBlackSS/RS,

Yup, we are definitely on the same page Regardless of the price, the 2010 Camaro will one day be epic...I'm calling it now! lol...
Old 11-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #40
Aquaman

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT Aqua Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by rham48 View Post
Exactly. This is why I can sell my Challenger RT for more than I paid for it now.
I do think your Challenger R/T will indeed hold its value better than the Camaro. Both cars are a decent throwback to the late 60's.

Hopefully, GM will hold production down and not flood the market. The fact that many are already getting under invoice pricing does not bode well for the used car value of 2010 Camaros.

Many people here will be trying to trade up as the new latest and greatest Camaros come on line and I think many will be disappointed when they go to trade up. A real shame by GM.
Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #41
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Glad I got my supplier discount on the Camaro as well as the 60-day guarantee
Old 11-28-2009, 09:29 PM   #42
CGM DIVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCamaroOwner View Post
I like the word play sir. Have to agree with you on it. Definitly not a deal breaker for me but is a bummer

.. no offense to anyone.. just my two cents... oh, and sorry to disappoint, but I am a girl