Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-30-2011, 11:41 AM   #15
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
have flat round ones near the pointed edge of the mirrors..works great..get pics up later.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #16
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
here ya go. I love these and use them more than the actual mirror!

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #17
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
My mirrors are adjusted correctly according to all the various guides out there. Can't see the side of the car, as is directed. The mirror is focused to the next lane over and works great. The 'blind spot' is pretty much eliminated, and a head-check with every lane change will always keep you out of trouble.

The issue I have with "properly adjusted mirrors" is that you can't see the side/rear of the car. In a lot of everyday driving situations, there simply isn't enough time to check both the rear view and side mirrors, and do a head check. Being able to see the tip/rear of the car in the side view mirror allows you to judge distance and speed of oncoming traffic in the next lane over. THAT's where the blind spot mirrors help a little bit. They give a wider view of the next lane over, including the ass of your car so you can appropriately slide into traffic without causing a slowdown.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #18
nomadicdogg

Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
maybe I should be more specific in my thoughts for these. I can see fine with my mirrors and I have no issue moving them as needed. when on the HWY I adjust them more out then when not...
my issue is my garage. I put my car within 1/2" of the wall on the passenger side. in order to get the car in, I need to clear the 4 wheeler on the driver side and the edge of the garage door on the passenger side. I am usually within 2" of either or. the blind spot mirror would greatly help me see where the 4 wheeler is completely and where my tires are exactly in order to put the car where it needs to go.
I have limited space, but make it work. much easier to do with the camaro since I have a passenger side mirror. On my 55 chevy, I didnt. Just looking to make it in easier.
thanks for all the help and pics.
prob should of specified why I was thinking of these.
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:43 PM   #19
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
You know, so many people will beat you up for using additional mirrors or (God forbid) a camera, but if YOU feel more comfortable, more in control, and more aware of your surroundings with the added visibility, then it's a GOOD thing. Thanks for all those who shared their mirror solutions on this thread, I know that eventually I'll be adding some as the Convertible has huge blind spots due to the blocked visibility caused by the top and smaller rear window.

Tib
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #20
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
If you think with correct adjustment these mirrors and vision backing up is great your full of it. Im not saying you cant see but its probably the worst visibility car Ive ever had as far as looking back goes. Theres blind spot on the drivers side, you cant see parking lines, and looking out the back window to see any depth is pointless
Old 03-30-2011, 03:00 PM   #21
jelly2m8

Drives: GM 2 seaters
So many say that if your mirrors are adjusted properly you do not need them, while this is for the most part true, it's not the ' end all'.

I'm willing to bet they never drove a car with them. I had been driving one of my cars for 15 years, I was all over in it, never had a problem with the mirrors, I made the motions turning the head etc to cover all the blind spots while checking around the car, it became second nature to check all the blind spots.

Then I bought my wife the same model of car, which happened to have the blind spot mirrors. I recall making a remark how' those had to go' because they looked ' stupid'.
My thoughts on those mirrors pretty much immediately changed as soon as we hit the interstate after picking up the car. These mirrors add a whole new level of visibility and added a complete new view of what was going on around the car.

I have no idea why manufactures have not designed side mirrors with this type of mirror incorperated into them.
jelly2m8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #22
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
I don't have the auxiliary mirrors, but I do have the backup radar. If I didn't, it would be very difficult to back into a parking spot with the OEM mirrors.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #23
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
HOLY ORANGEPEEL
that vert is sporting some serious orange peel in that picture.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #24
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadspearo View Post
HOLY ORANGEPEEL
that vert is sporting some serious orange peel in that picture.
I think that's a combination of the house reflection and the digital camera that makes it look like orangepeel.

Hopefully, that's what it is.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #25
nomadicdogg

ALL new factory cars have major orange peel. Dont like it, but it is what it is.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #26
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
that looks alot worse than my car,
Old 04-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #27
nomadicdogg

yours is black. black hides it better. the lighter the color the more noticable it is.
trust me, its there. look closely
Old 04-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #28
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
I've got the small wedge style mirrors on my Camaro. I probably use them more than the regular mirrors, especially when backing into parking spaces. I've adjusted my mirrors to match the 'ideal' setting that everyone says you should use and that should render the blind spot mirrors useless. However, for me, those mirror positions don't do crap if you need to see what's next to the car or when reverse parking.

And compared to my now-gone '55 and '56 Chevys, the visibility in the Camaro sucks, even with the blind spot mirrors but it's livable.