Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #15
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
We actually use transparency on the TCM too.. Just sayin
What about the number of key strokes, can they still detect that?
Old 07-25-2012, 11:00 PM   #16
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
OP I was getting my oil changes done at the dealer. I still had about 1400 miles left to go before an oil change.

My motor spun a bearing and my dipstick showed absolutely nothing on it. I went to Walmart and bought a 5 qt container of Mobil1 and I forget exactly how much I ended up adding but it was like 3 1/2 or 4 1/2 Qts or something like that.

These motors can eat the oil so maybe whoever did your oil change DID put in the right amount.

Anyway my car was tuned with LT's CB VMax TB, CAI and I drove/limped my car into the dealer tune and all and they honored my warranty. They never asked, and I never told.
SIXJAK - Did you flash back to stock or bring it in tuned with transparency mode?
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #17
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I would delete this thread and for the love of god make sure you dont post personal info about your car like vin. Last thing you want is for them to deny the claim. Just wipe out the thread since we know the good stuff behind the tune
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:52 AM   #18
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Nope I did not reflash it to the stock tune before I took it in. Just brought it in and hoped for the best. My son's laptop was dead at the time and I couldn't find the cord to it. I use a Mac notebook and I wish they'd make this compatible for Mac users.

I know I know I can run windows on a Mac but I'm just a caveman. That kind of stuff frightens me. I'm not sure if transparancy mode was on or not. I will add this caveat however. My dealer is amazing. I bet half of all dealers would have denied me.

I just bought a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited not from whence i purchased the Camaro from-comPLETELY different dealer-and it was coming due for its first oil change or at least I thot it was. I

called up the dealer and tried to schedule an appointment to have that done. The service manager asked me how many miles were on it and I replied 3k to which he replied "your 1st oil change isn't due until 6k." I told him I wanted to put full synthetic in it and he told me that would void my warranty and to stick with the synthetic blend.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:04 AM   #19
Chrisco22

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro LS
nothing about my car is on here sport.

2011 Camaro LS: [Rally Yellow] [22" Status Rims] [BBK Long Tube Headers w/ High Flow Cats] [Trifecta Tune] [K&N CAI] [Blacked out Bow Ties and Tail Lights] [15% Tint] [MAC Mufflers] [Rear Cat Delete] [Vmax Black Ice]
Chrisco22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:02 AM   #20
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
We actually use transparency on the TCM too.. Just sayin
I would love to see it proven because someone with the tune showed the TCM record

Sent from my Droid
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #21
Chrisco22

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro LS
dont have the print out, but they completely took care of my engine its been dropped.

2011 Camaro LS: [Rally Yellow] [22" Status Rims] [BBK Long Tube Headers w/ High Flow Cats] [Trifecta Tune] [K&N CAI] [Blacked out Bow Ties and Tail Lights] [15% Tint] [MAC Mufflers] [Rear Cat Delete] [Vmax Black Ice]
Chrisco22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #22
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Nope I did not reflash it to the stock tune before I took it in. Just brought it in and hoped for the best. My son's laptop was dead at the time and I couldn't find the cord to it. I use a Mac notebook and I wish they'd make this compatible for Mac users.

I know I know I can run windows on a Mac but I'm just a caveman. That kind of stuff frightens me. I'm not sure if transparancy mode was on or not. I will add this caveat however. My dealer is amazing. I bet half of all dealers would have denied me.

I just bought a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited not from whence i purchased the Camaro from-comPLETELY different dealer-and it was coming due for its first oil change or at least I thot it was. I

called up the dealer and tried to schedule an appointment to have that done. The service manager asked me how many miles were on it and I replied 3k to which he replied "your 1st oil change isn't due until 6k." I told him I wanted to put full synthetic in it and he told me that would void my warranty and to stick with the synthetic blend.
Tell the Dealer He is Full of Grap!! Using Full Synthetic oil does not void warranty. If fact my Dealer asks me if I want reg.oil, syn. blend, or full syn. I have been using Mobile 1.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #23
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
Long ago......in a far another post that seems to be sooooo back logged it's crazy......I had this whole issue with the tune being detected squashed. I had my tune active and the tech and shop manager couldn't see it (family member) and then at another dealership in texas when I had an engine hickup. No issues whatsoever!
Old 07-31-2012, 04:35 PM   #24
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildoc View Post
Long ago......in a far another post that seems to be sooooo back logged it's crazy......I had this whole issue with the tune being detected squashed. I had my tune active and the tech and shop manager couldn't see it (family member) and then at another dealership in texas when I had an engine hickup. No issues whatsoever!
well well well... Look who it is.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:37 PM   #25
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
well well well... Look who it is.
I told ya I'll be around. They are keeping me super busy here at the hospital. Every now and again I'll surf the posts just to keep track. The wife is asking about getting another one as a 3rd vehicle
Old 07-31-2012, 04:48 PM   #26
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildoc View Post
I told ya I'll be around. They are keeping me super busy here at the hospital. Every now and again I'll surf the posts just to keep track. The wife is asking about getting another one as a 3rd vehicle
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote