Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #169
salvagelife

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Here a pic of the old and new end link can see how much thicker the 1le is compare to the standard SS . Hope I got he right end link it see that no one has mention getting bolt and any help will be appreciated
Attached Images

salvagelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:35 AM   #170
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Hi, just making sure that i'm ordering the correct parts and do i need to add anything else. I have already purchased the rear sway bar from another C5 member.

I have a 2011 2LT/RS and I'm wanting to go with the ZL1 set up vs the 1LE. I'm only interested in the sway bar aspect. I also have H&R lowering springs on order as well.

Parts ordering:
22842517 - ZL1 sway bar
22761221 - Rear sway bar links (2)
20942237 - Rear lower control arms (2)

Thanks a mil!
Old 02-11-2014, 10:57 AM   #171
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Hi, just making sure that i'm ordering the correct parts and do i need to add anything else. I have already purchased the rear sway bar from another C5 member.

I have a 2011 2LT/RS and I'm wanting to go with the ZL1 set up vs the 1LE. I'm only interested in the sway bar aspect. I also have H&R lowering springs on order as well.

Parts ordering:
22842517 - ZL1 sway bar
22761221 - Rear sway bar links (2)
20942237 - Rear lower control arms (2)

Thanks a mil!
I would upgrade the front end links too, they are far from robust. The newer 12mm stud type are much thicker and stronger.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #172
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvagelife View Post
I'm having an issued I'm installing 1le front sway bar and notice the end link are thicker , from reading here people are mentioning the bolt are 12mm for the end link ,I have a 2010 with 10mm , anyways my issue is I don't have 12mm bolt does anyone the the pn # for the bolts ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by salvagelife View Post
Ok so I have to drill a larger hole where the upper end link connects to the strut bracket part since is made for a 10mm on my coilovers .
Yes you will have to drill out the endlink mount on you coil overs. As far as the nuts for the end links just go to you local hardware and fasteners shop, and ask for four 12mm class 10.9 locking nuts. Flanged if you can, if not just get washers to go with.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.

Last edited by nak3dsnake; 02-11-2014 at 12:15 PM. Reason: You need four not two derp
Old 02-11-2014, 11:09 AM   #173
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Well, that's about $2250 not counting the wheels and tires, 1LE package is a pretty good deal overall....
I am pretty sure that if you have a '12 or '13 that you just need the rear shocks and sway bars to go from FE4 to FE6 (+ wheels/tire of course). I checked my cradle bushings in my SS and they are the same part number I have seen for the 1LE as well.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:03 PM   #174
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
I would upgrade the front end links too, they are far from robust. The newer 12mm stud type are much thicker and stronger.
Awesome! Thanks so much!
Old 06-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #175
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Nak3dsnake I need help. Hope you can assist me.

I own a 2013 1LE with 5000 miles never tracked , never abused. I upgraded most of my suspension for Pfadt components . So since I don't have pave in my garage and to make extra money to pay the mortgage I put my take off 1LE parts for sale .

This is the link
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362966

1. Front Sway bar
2. Front End links
3. Rear sway bar
4. Rear trailing arms
5. Rear tie rods
6. Front shocks
7. Rear struts
8. Front & rear springs
9.1LE PCV oil kit
10. Eibach 1inch drop springs

I like to be very honest with the parts I sell cause I like to be treated right as well and with honesty. So my question here is the owner owns a 2013 V6. Will there be any other components that he needs in order for this parts to fit?

I kept my stock rear end links in the car . Someone was telling me that the V6 would need shock mounts or anything else !???

If this person buys my parts what else does he needs to make the parts fit with no problems he already upgrade to the 1LE brakes which I know are same as any other SS just red calipers .
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #176
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
Nak3dsnake I need help. Hope you can assist me.

I own a 2013 1LE with 5000 miles never tracked , never abused. I upgraded most of my suspension for Pfadt components . So since I don't have pave in my garage and to make extra money to pay the mortgage I put my take off 1LE parts for sale .

This is the link
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362966

1. Front Sway bar
2. Front End links
3. Rear sway bar
4. Rear trailing arms
5. Rear tie rods
6. Front shocks
7. Rear struts
8. Front & rear springs
9.1LE PCV oil kit
10. Eibach 1inch drop springs

I like to be very honest with the parts I sell cause I like to be treated right as well and with honesty. So my question here is the owner owns a 2013 V6. Will there be any other components that he needs in order for this parts to fit?

I kept my stock rear end links in the car . Someone was telling me that the V6 would need shock mounts or anything else !???

If this person buys my parts what else does he needs to make the parts fit with no problems he already upgrade to the 1LE brakes which I know are same as any other SS just red calipers .
The only thing he would need would be to buy new rear endlinks to work with the FE6 sway bars and the rear shock mounts. The rear shock mounts aren't required but the bushings are different. If he has a 2013 then he already as the proper lower control arms. If he already has brembos then he should have zero clearance issues with the rear sway bar. The rear cradle bushing on the 1LE package are much harder but it isn't worth all the work to upgrade them to 1LE bushings with the aftermarket inserts or bushing kits available. Thats up to him though but I would go aftermarket personally. I went with Pedders.

Last edited by nak3dsnake; 06-13-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:22 AM   #177
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
The only thing he would need would be to buy new rear endlinks to work with the FE6 sway bars and the rear shock mounts. The rear shock mounts aren't required but the bushings are different. If he has a 2013 then he already as the proper lower control arms. If he already has brembos then he should have zero clearance issues with the rear sway bar. The rear cradle bushing on the 1LE package are much harder but it isn't worth all the work to upgrade them to 1LE bushings with the aftermarket inserts or bushing kits available. Thats up to him though but I would go aftermarket personally. I went with Pedders.
Any suggestions on which new rear endlinks I should get?

Thx
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:09 PM   #178
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Any suggestions on which new rear endlinks I should get?

Thx
I would just go with the 1LE/ZL1 rear end links. The only company that I'm aware of that makes aftermarket rear endlinks for FE5/FE6 rear sway bars is Hotchkis. The Hotchkis end links however only fit the rear Hotchkis FE5/FE6 sway bar, they will not work with the GM bars or other aftermarket bars. I don't believe there has been a need for an aftermarket alternative with the new style end links. There are many owners on Camaro5 running big rear bars with the OEM ones.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:27 AM   #179
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
LSR makes adjustable endlinks if you wanted them. I run them. they are pictured here.

http://www.lsrperformance.com/2012-u...-endlinks.html
Old 06-15-2014, 08:02 AM   #180
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
The adjustability is nice, but the split rubber(?) bushings at the end will compromise the bar's stiffness somewhat and may become a "wear part".

I'm betting that they ride a little nicer than rod-ended endlinks, though.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:31 AM   #181
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Actually there is no split rubber, those are covers for the joint. There are inserts that are solid that mount to the bar and control arm
Old 06-15-2014, 09:22 AM   #182
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
I stand corrected. Thanks.

Perhaps lsrperformance should point that out in their advertising . . .

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote