Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Camaro Fest VIII Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2018, 10:56 PM   #281
muletownspeed
Muletown Speed
 
muletownspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 1980 Z28, 1985 IROC Z28
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Minford, Ohio
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
pretty much sold out at ~85 we're only letting a couple more in if that.

I was just wondering if enough signed up to use the full course at NCM. Looks like that is probable. Thanks.
muletownspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:32 PM   #282
muletownspeed
Muletown Speed
 
muletownspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 1980 Z28, 1985 IROC Z28
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Minford, Ohio
Posts: 7
If all goes well, looking to bring this Third Gen down to NCM. Hope the Gen 5 and Gen 6's don't mind. Hoping for better results than last July. Upgraded transmission cooler I hope solves the issue. See you all in 3 weeks or so.




Attached Images
 

Last edited by muletownspeed; 06-21-2018 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Add Photo
muletownspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:27 AM   #283
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE - on order
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 32,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by muletownspeed View Post
If all goes well, looking to bring this Third Gen down to NCM. Hope the Gen 5 and Gen 6's don't mind. Hoping for better results than last July. Upgraded transmission cooler I hope solves the issue. See you all in 3 weeks or so.

Nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by muletownspeed View Post
I was just wondering if enough signed up to use the full course at NCM. Looks like that is probable. Thanks.
NCM is completely sold out.


This year we never even considered half course. It filled up quick.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:52 AM   #284
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail
 
Ace0751's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Northeast, OH
Posts: 1,881
I’m interested in those go karts they have at the track now.
__________________
Roto-Fab CAI, Borla ATAK Exhaust System, Stainless Power Headers, RX Performance Catch Can, ACS T4 Splitter, Oracle side markers, Dyno Tuned by RDP Motorsports
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:07 PM   #285
muletownspeed
Muletown Speed
 
muletownspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 1980 Z28, 1985 IROC Z28
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Minford, Ohio
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Nice...



NCM is completely sold out.


This year we never even considered half course. It filled up quick.

I am already registered. Thanks. I had seen a post earlier requiring so many cars to be on the full course. I was only asking a question in order to confirm Thur July 12 was going to be on the full course for sure.
muletownspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:50 PM   #286
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,967
Rock & Roll!!!!!!!
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:13 PM   #287
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE - on order
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 32,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by muletownspeed View Post
I am already registered. Thanks. I had seen a post earlier requiring so many cars to be on the full course. I was only asking a question in order to confirm Thur July 12 was going to be on the full course for sure.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 01:01 PM   #288
trz174
 
trz174's Avatar
 
Drives: Blue Camaros
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Panama City, Florida
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
I’m interested in those go karts they have at the track now.
I was at the NCM Track for HRPT two weeks ago and the go carts were up an running. I paid $20 for 8 mins and they keep a day/month time record on the overhead monitor for each driver.

This is great fun and something for the spectators to do that wasn't available last year. The carts are really fast and no joke. The setup is like a mini-autocross.

You have to wear a helmet, closed toe shoes, and neck brace. You can wear your own stuff or use what they have there.

Not sure if the carts are running on Thursday, but if they are, it would be great fun to setup an informal competition competition. Winner should get something cool like a CFest sticker. All it would take is to register as a cart driver (think you have to do that), make your runs, and see who is the best.
__________________
Current
2010 Camaro 2LT, RS, IBM, 6 Sp Auto
2018 ZL1, A10, Hyper Blue
Previous Cars that Mattered
1966 Chevelle SS 396, 1966 Chevelle Malibu, 1967 Camaro SS, 1967 Camaro Bowtie, 1968 L89 Corvette, 1969 Camaro Bowtie, 1969 Camaro RS, 1972 Vega GT, 1979 Camaro Z28, 2004 Mustang GT, 2012 ZL1, 2016 Camaro A8 SS, 2017 Camaro M6 ZL1
trz174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 01:03 PM   #289
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE - on order
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 32,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by trz174 View Post
I was at the NCM Track for HRPT two weeks ago and the go carts were up an running. I paid $20 for 8 mins and they keep a day/month time record on the overhead monitor for each driver.

This is great fun and something for the spectators to do that wasn't available last year. The carts are really fast and no joke. The setup is like a mini-autocross.

You have to wear a helmet, closed toe shoes, and neck brace. You can wear your own stuff or use what they have there.

Not sure if the carts are running on Thursday, but if they are, it would be great fun to setup an informal competition competition. Winner should get something cool like a CFest sticker. All it would take is to register as a cart driver (think you have to do that), make your runs, and see who is the best.
Do the carts run on the actual NCM track? If so I don't think they will be running that Thursday.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 01:22 PM   #290
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail
 
Ace0751's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Northeast, OH
Posts: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Do the carts run on the actual NCM track? If so I don't think they will be running that Thursday.
Doesn’t look like it, the karts have there own small track which give Mario kart a good run for there money lol.
__________________
Roto-Fab CAI, Borla ATAK Exhaust System, Stainless Power Headers, RX Performance Catch Can, ACS T4 Splitter, Oracle side markers, Dyno Tuned by RDP Motorsports
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 02:24 PM   #291
trz174
 
trz174's Avatar
 
Drives: Blue Camaros
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Panama City, Florida
Posts: 506
Correct, they have a separate track. The cart track is directly on the right as you drive in past the guard gate and fuel island and before you get to the NCM office. Easy access from parking.

Not great, but here is a photo. Did not think to take a photo of the setup, but you can see the track in the background. About 30 sec to do a lap, about 16 laps if you have the stamina.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Current
2010 Camaro 2LT, RS, IBM, 6 Sp Auto
2018 ZL1, A10, Hyper Blue
Previous Cars that Mattered
1966 Chevelle SS 396, 1966 Chevelle Malibu, 1967 Camaro SS, 1967 Camaro Bowtie, 1968 L89 Corvette, 1969 Camaro Bowtie, 1969 Camaro RS, 1972 Vega GT, 1979 Camaro Z28, 2004 Mustang GT, 2012 ZL1, 2016 Camaro A8 SS, 2017 Camaro M6 ZL1
trz174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:53 PM   #292
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie
 
01pewterz28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CENTRAL FLORIDA
Posts: 10,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by trz174 View Post
Correct, they have a separate track. The cart track is directly on the right as you drive in past the guard gate and fuel island and before you get to the NCM office. Easy access from parking.

Not great, but here is a photo. Did not think to take a photo of the setup, but you can see the track in the background. About 30 sec to do a lap, about 16 laps if you have the stamina.
Sounds like this will be a must have fun that weekend.
__________________
**FIFTY HBM 2SS VERT**
01pewterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:16 PM   #293
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE - on order
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 32,945
Ahh cool.. that may be good for me since I won't have a car until it gets built in Aug.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:09 PM   #294
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail
 
Ace0751's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Northeast, OH
Posts: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Ahh cool.. that may be good for me since I won't have a car until it gets built in Aug.
You may not have a car but of course you got hundreds to choose from to take a ride in.
__________________
Roto-Fab CAI, Borla ATAK Exhaust System, Stainless Power Headers, RX Performance Catch Can, ACS T4 Splitter, Oracle side markers, Dyno Tuned by RDP Motorsports
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.