Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-27-2018, 01:58 PM   #1
Missy stinger

Drives: Camero RS
June Diagnostics Report issued by OnStar

Has anyone received your June Diagnostics Report issued by OnStar advising the below "Action" required?
I went on Google and found back on 2015 many people at that time received this same notification and they did not have anything plugged in and nothing appearing on the dashboard of any issues. When I called Chevrolet of this issue yesterday that asked if anything appears on my dash and I said no and they are telling me not to worry. Is this crazy or what?

StabiliTrak® Stability Control System
• We were unable to successfully complete a diagnostic test. This issue may be caused by an aftermarket device plugged into your vehicle's diagnostic port.
• If an indicator light is lit on your dashboard, schedule a service visit with your Dealer soon.

Antilock Braking System
• We were unable to successfully complete a diagnostic test. This issue may be caused by an aftermarket device plugged into your vehicle's diagnostic port.
• If an indicator light is lit on your dashboard, schedule a service visit with your Dealer soon.
Missy stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:33 PM   #2
cubamvp

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Yea. I received the same thing. Crazy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
cubamvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:56 PM   #3
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
I got a similar message for my Sonic. No clue why, but I haven't gotten a clean report from OnStar yet. Brought it to the dealer and they said everything is good and to ignore the emails.
Sometimes I laugh that GM charges for this "service."
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:15 PM   #4
Sidecardog1

Drives: 2015 2SS, 1LE, Dual Mode, Black
Yep, I got my last diagnostic e-mail and said everything that Missy stated in the post. I called On-Star, they re-ran it again for me twice more and came up with the same result. I have no codes or lights and everything in the car is normal. I am assuming that On-Star has some issue that they are not aware of. I have no intention to visit a dealer and get charged for something that obviously has nothing to do with the cars actual operation. You would think that they would put 2&2 together and fix the issue !
Sidecardog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:53 PM   #5
SSFC

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS SGM
Got the same two alerts the last two months. I've never received an alert since I took possession in Feb 2011 until last month and have never had anything plugged into the port. I also saw the 2015 posts. I guess this is a known nuisance fault.
SSFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 02:18 PM   #6
MjrStfy

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro V6 2LT RS
Same here for the past two months I put it off. I hardly drove it the past two of months and was an error?
MjrStfy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diagnostic report by onstar