Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-30-2018, 03:15 PM   #71
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
You're right. I asked my paint guy to look up the mixture and it does not have any metallic or pearl in it. I think my color chip is just wrong. He did say that if those chips are painted and they used a gun that had been used to do a metallic color, some of that could have made it's way into the orange. I have no idea how they do those color samples that they send to us though.
Could it be an issue that for the 2018 Hot Wheels car, the paint is Crush, and for the more broadly available 2019 a Crush Metallic will be introduced?
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:24 PM   #72
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Riverside Blue looks like a mix of Hyper Blue and Blue Velvet. I'm gonna miss Hyper Blue a lot.
Me too, glad I jumped on a 6th gen when I did. It looks like a nice color, but I prefer the brightness of HBM.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:29 PM   #73
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Could it be an issue that for the 2018 Hot Wheels car, the paint is Crush, and for the more broadly available 2019 a Crush Metallic will be introduced?
If that were the case, they wouldn't use the same paint code.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:36 PM   #74
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Quote:
If that were the case, they wouldn't use the same paint code.
Good point. The mystery continues.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:31 AM   #75
Liralen

Drives: 2013 KBM Camaro 2SS Hot Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig eh View Post
and how do you like it, is it all you expected

stig eh
Hi Stig! Sorry for the late reply, busy busy busy as always. I LOVE my newest addition & it is all I expected, but then again I still LOVE my 13 Hot Wheels 2SS Coupe and the 17 FIFTY 2SS Convertible too. But that Crush Orange is very eye catching....which I need to be a bit more careful though...I love hearing the exhaust roar when I step on it (especially on a sunny day with the top down), and well was going faster than I should (don't think had even hit fourth yet...it is a 50mph zone), started to let off the gas just in time as a trooper was coming the other direction. Think my saving grace was he was not running his radar and as well that there was a yellow Camaro on my left...so would have been hard for him to definitively say which one of us was speeding...if either of us were...no admittal of guilt here That being, back to eye catching...am sure the trooper will be keeping an eye out for me in the future, as am the only Crush Orange Camaro around...maybe I will have to go incognito and drive FIFTY for a few days ...lol

Garage:
2013 HotWheels SE Camaro, Coupe, V8, 2SS, Auto, #987 (aka V8HOTTY)
2014 Z51 Stingray 3LT Corvette, M7, Coupe - Laguna Blue Metallic
2016 Harley Davidson Roadglide, Screaming Eagle
2017 50th Anniv SE Camaro, Vert, V8, 2SS, M6, NAV, NPP, #537 (aka FIFTY)
2017 Silverado High Country, full bed/crew cab, Iridescent Pearl Tricoat
2018 Silverado LTZ, short bed/crew cab, 100th Anniv, Centennial Blue (aka CENTURY)
Liralen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:43 AM   #76
SS Crush

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/LS3
Send a message via MSN to SS Crush
Disappointing to see Crush is going to be with 2019. I like that I got it in 2011 and in 2018 with my new Hot Wheels. Don't want to see any other orange Camaros out there! Yeah, it's selfish, but I like being unique.
2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS - 25% 3M Tint, SS Emblems F/R, Painted Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Taillight Bezels, Technostalgia Taillights, P13W Fog/DRL lights, DRL Harness, Pioneer AVIC 8200NEX, PAC Radio Kit, Pioneer cam (sux), Blue Footwell, Blue Map & Trunk Light, EPCO Orange Camaro SS Rally Shift Knob, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Skip-Shift Eliminator, K/N, G2 Painted Calipers, StopTech slotted rotors, pads & stainless lines, Beltronics Ticket Notifier
SS Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:12 PM   #77
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Still cant believe they arent adding some cool colors. I mean, literally not one green, but two shades of white, two grays, and three black? WTF?
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 04:59 PM   #78
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by histobeast View Post
I'd love to see a metallic white.
That's for Cadillacs, not muscle cars.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 05:28 PM   #79
nametaken

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Crush View Post
Disappointing to see Crush is going to be with 2019. I like that I got it in 2011 and in 2018 with my new Hot Wheels. Don't want to see any other orange Camaros out there! Yeah, it's selfish, but I like being unique.
I don't blame you, I'd be kinda ticked off

I bought a "special" "very rare" MINI cooper GP2 a few years back, about a week later BAM another one pulls right up to the stop light, then a week later BAM another one in the town over....yeah "special"
nametaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:05 PM   #80
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Lol. Mass produced car special..... At least you can enjoy driving the camaro. Just don't make it a garage queen, then you'll lose that bit too

Quote:
Originally Posted by histobeast View Post
I'd love to see a metallic white.

Right on. Someone on this forum did a Pearlish flaky white in vinyl wrap. What a beauty
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:39 PM   #81
SS Crush

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/LS3
Send a message via MSN to SS Crush
Quote:
Originally Posted by nametaken View Post
I don't blame you, I'd be kinda ticked off

I bought a "special" "very rare" MINI cooper GP2 a few years back, about a week later BAM another one pulls right up to the stop light, then a week later BAM another one in the town over....yeah "special"
The only good thing I can think of is that at least there will be aftermarket parts that are in the Crush color. A special edition color might get skipped.
2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS - 25% 3M Tint, SS Emblems F/R, Painted Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Taillight Bezels, Technostalgia Taillights, P13W Fog/DRL lights, DRL Harness, Pioneer AVIC 8200NEX, PAC Radio Kit, Pioneer cam (sux), Blue Footwell, Blue Map & Trunk Light, EPCO Orange Camaro SS Rally Shift Knob, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Skip-Shift Eliminator, K/N, G2 Painted Calipers, StopTech slotted rotors, pads & stainless lines, Beltronics Ticket Notifier
SS Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:12 PM   #82
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Just curios about paint codes from car to car.

The Riverside Blue on the '19 Camaro is GKK and Elkhart Lake Blue for the '19 Corvette is G7S.

Does that mean they are not the same color, I've seen speculation they are the same.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:25 PM   #83
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post
Just curios about paint codes from car to car.

The Riverside Blue on the '19 Camaro is GKK and Elkhart Lake Blue for the '19 Corvette is G7S.

Does that mean they are not the same color, I've seen speculation they are the same.
That's right, they are not the same color.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:27 PM   #84
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Quote:
That's right, they are not the same color.
Thanks, I thought those 3 digits followed the color.

Do you have paint chips on the Elkhart Lake, I was curious how close it was to Riverside.