Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-25-2010, 07:45 PM   #57
dave7378

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS IBM L99
Junkman, just wanted to say thanks. Detailed my camaro yesterday after watching your videos and it came out great. Love the Adams products. Thanks for giving me the confidence to do it myself. looking forward to doing it again and getting it even better. Funny, I kept saying to myself, white product, white pad, white product, white pad haha.
dave7378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:23 PM   #58
Guy,USA

Drives: 2010 black rs, 1965vw convertible
Junkman, I have a blk 2rs...I also have yellow microfiber 80%polyester 20% ??? made in china from Costco. Do the two mix? I'm thinking not because now I have car that looks like sh*t. Just washed and waxed it using Meguier's carnuba gold, yellow towels.....scratches all over it, hardly any before. Also I have a Cal duster I've had for while, many car shows with award winning 68 ram air gto. I'd dust that thing at the shows and detail with wisards detail same yellow towels it looked great. Can you wash a duster? I used on my dusty my 65 vw bettle convert too. I think the duster has scratched the RS too.....using very lightly, Is it the water based paint too soft?
I'm totally frustrated.....my 08 black ltz avey had harder paint "no scratches" drove it in MN winters too! HELP!
Guy,USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #59
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy,USA View Post
Junkman, I have a blk 2rs...I also have yellow microfiber 80%polyester 20% ??? made in china from Costco. Do the two mix? I'm thinking not because now I have car that looks like sh*t. Just washed and waxed it using Meguier's carnuba gold, yellow towels.....scratches all over it, hardly any before. Also I have a Cal duster I've had for while, many car shows with award winning 68 ram air gto. I'd dust that thing at the shows and detail with wisards detail same yellow towels it looked great. Can you wash a duster? I used on my dusty my 65 vw bettle convert too. I think the duster has scratched the RS too.....using very lightly, Is it the water based paint too soft?
I'm totally frustrated.....my 08 black ltz avey had harder paint "no scratches" drove it in MN winters too! HELP!
Yikes! Chuck those costco microfibers! At least for use on your clear coat; I use those things for cleaning the engine bay and dusting the interior, nothing more. I do use them around the house to clean up baby messes now too. Get some nice microfibers for your ride and use them on your car only! Take good care of them and they will last you quite awhile!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:03 PM   #60
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave7378 View Post
Junkman, just wanted to say thanks. Detailed my camaro yesterday after watching your videos and it came out great. Love the Adams products. Thanks for giving me the confidence to do it myself. looking forward to doing it again and getting it even better. Funny, I kept saying to myself, white product, white pad, white product, white pad haha.
That's military training for ya'! It automatically kicks in when you're working. No thinking necessary!

Quote:
Talk about garbage, those Costco towels are hell on your paint. I literally use those to check my oil and clean my hands. They are total garbage. If it says made in China, you DO NOT want it touching your paint.

To apply wax to a car with a bunch of swirls is like putting lipstick on a pig. Luckily, you have this video series to use and correct your paint. When I fix a swirled up car, I ask for at least 3 weeks and $2000. I will know every square inch of that car when I'm done and it will look like it was painted.

As for your duster, you need to check out this thread. You are using it wrong and you may need to replace it. They can be washed but I would NEVER do that to mine. The dirtier they get, the better they work. That is, if you use it correctly to begin with.

You have some video watching to do! Most of my videos are at this forum but all of my videos and write-ups are located here.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:54 PM   #61
Guy,USA

Good looking Weber Junkman.....hungry now. Anyway what were the blue towels with no edge called? Maybe I can find them here in Mlps,MN like say Welle's Auto....goood body shop supply store here. Thanks I'll bring her back around your vette looks worse that is in before state. And ah I gotta grill Friday. Thanks. Ps I'll be by PC too.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:17 PM   #62
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Good looking Weber Junkman.....hungry now. Anyway what were the blue towels with no edge called? Maybe I can find them here in Mlps,MN like say Welle's Auto....goood body shop supply store here. Thanks I'll bring her back around your vette looks worse that is in before state. And ah I gotta grill Friday. Thanks. Ps I'll be by PC too.
It sounds like you watched the wrong video series. Did you watch the ones in this thread or did you watch them at You Tube?

Old 03-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #63
Guy,USA

You tube, i guess. I look at videos here too. You did get great results with number 2 meguiers and zano products on the vette. Wash and wax videos on the vette with an into, pc demo, and you workin the vette.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:06 AM   #64
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
You tube, i guess. I look at videos here too. You did get great results with number 2 meguiers and zano products on the vette. Wash and wax videos on the vette with an into, pc demo, and you workin the vette.
Yea, those videos are over 2 years old. The new series is in the first post of this thread. You need to read all of the text associated with each video and thus, you need to return to this thread to get the link for the next video after watching one. You watched the wrong series.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:46 AM   #65
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
My VCR won't play your video!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:59 AM   #66
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
My VCR won't play your video!
I want you to lean in real close to your monitor so that I can...

Old 03-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #67
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
I want you to lean in real close to your monitor so that I can...
Old 03-28-2010, 07:06 AM   #68
Guy,USA

Right on Junkman... look at everthing all good, pick up some wisards towels....now I understand cheep microfiber costco sh*t. I think I'll try a few other brand towels...wisards was a good strat to my collection. Thanks man all good stuff....oh ya butter steaks on the fire pit grill grate,,,threw on some easter brats too....dam good!
Ps I like wisards product...what do think?
Old 03-28-2010, 10:11 AM   #69
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Right on Junkman... look at everthing all good, pick up some wisards towels....now I understand cheep microfiber costco sh*t. I think I'll try a few other brand towels...wisards was a good strat to my collection. Thanks man all good stuff....oh ya butter steaks on the fire pit grill grate,,,threw on some easter brats too....dam good!
Ps I like wisards product...what do think?
Not familiar with the Wizard label but if you're cooking, I ain't being picky!

Old 03-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #70
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
junkman, my pc 7424xp showed up this week. I also ordered the zaino z-pc, but at the same time i ordered the adams DA car polishing kit.

I have 2 cars of my own i need to do this on, so i might do zaino on the camaro because its already been zainoed and then do adams on my black saturn aura.
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote