Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-23-2010, 09:56 PM   #57
CombatVet0311

Drives: blk 2010 camaro 2ss l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post
Hmmm.....sounds like what you have been doing. Let me see if I can find what you said.
Amusing, I have a feeling you agree with me but for some reason you are wrestling with a very simple concept that can only be realised through self reflection.
CombatVet0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:56 PM   #58
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Wish you guys quit being asses and give credit when it's due

I'll admit.. I'm mad the Z06 lost, but I damn sure ain't made that the TC won.. that car is a marvel of 4-bangers!!!

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #59
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Rice is a car that has a bunch gaudy exterior mods and no power to back it up. The wing on the front of the scion is a little much, but that car is not a ricer.

A car like this is not a ricer, its just sexy
Attached Images

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #60
CombatVet0311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
Wish you guys quit being asses and give credit when it's due

I'll admit.. I'm mad the Z06 lost, but I damn sure ain't made that the TC won.. that car is a marvel of 4-bangers!!!
marvel of 4 bangers, hardly. Its an engine like any other, running an insane amount of boost and built just durable enough to not blow up running one pass.

Any idiot with money that decides to do the same can have an unreliable dyno queen too.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:03 PM   #61
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Built just durable enough? Last I checked, you can run 20lbs of boost on many of these imports with no problem...
Old 08-23-2010, 11:25 PM   #62
CombatVet0311

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Built just durable enough? Last I checked, you can run 20lbs of boost on many of these imports with no problem...
maybe you need to recheck your references
Old 08-23-2010, 11:28 PM   #63
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatVet0311 View Post
Purpose built Ford Chevy or Mopar motors dominate the dragstrips all the time. As a matter of fact, if that Scion went up against an American car in its class at a sanctioned drag racing venue, it would be destroyed.
well ummmmmm if you would open your eyes you would see and know that chris's both scions are the fastest and best of there class.

you said it should go up against an american car in its class, now you do know his class is SPORT COMPACT FWD. let me see there is cobolt,dodge srt4, saturn ion ummm i can't think of very many american fwd sport compacts.

i am sorry but you are all hard up for american and thats fine, but you have to understand no matter what you say isn't going to change peoples minds there are going to still buy what they want and do what they want to it.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:43 PM   #64
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
maybe you need to recheck your references
My reference is myself. Along with a group of other folks who's had or has RSX's boosted at 20psi. I personally had mine boosted for 2 years when I sold it. And as far as I know, it's still running. I sold it about a year ago. Thanks for playing.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:48 PM   #65
PoorMansCamaro

Before that I had a 99 civic that I had boosted. Although it was at around 15psi to stay on the extremely SAFE side, I could have gone 20 and be ok. Which I did once in a while when at the track. Which, IMO, is pretty damn durable, past what it was built for.

There's also a thread is the vs section talking about the cobalt running 20psi and higher with no problems.

Last edited by PoorMansCamaro; 08-24-2010 at 12:00 AM.
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:40 AM   #66
CombatVet0311

Quote:
Originally Posted by shevyman View Post
well ummmmmm if you would open your eyes you would see and know that chris's both scions are the fastest and best of there class.

you said it should go up against an american car in its class, now you do know his class is SPORT COMPACT FWD. let me see there is cobolt,dodge srt4, saturn ion ummm i can't think of very many american fwd sport compacts.

i am sorry but you are all hard up for american and thats fine, but you have to understand no matter what you say isn't going to change peoples minds there are going to still buy what they want and do what they want to it.
Sport compact fwd is a made up class for competition at ricer venues and is not an NHRA class.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:56 AM   #67
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
Quote:
Sport compact fwd is a made up class for competition at ricer venues and is not an NHRA class.
if that Scion went up against an American car in its class at a sanctioned drag racing venue, it would be destroyed.

thats what it says right there, sooo you never said NHRA. right now you just sound like you want to bitch and complain.

you just should have said it should go up against an american car dragster within its limits. what i mean by that is if you want to keep it fair about the same hp or maybe more scion less since it does weight less.

also if you are trying to compare the scion road car up against an american drag that is STUPID a track car is built differently then a track car.

but i would be down to watch chris's drag scion up against an american drag.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:56 AM   #68
CombatVet0311

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
My reference is myself. Along with a group of other folks who's had or has RSX's boosted at 20psi. I personally had mine boosted for 2 years when I sold it. And as far as I know, it's still running. I sold it about a year ago. Thanks for playing.
I call bs on 20 psi unless it was a built motor and in that case you spent money I wouldn't have on an econo car
Old 08-24-2010, 01:01 AM   #69
PoorMansCamaro

The rsx is not an econo car...

Wow, the ignorance from this guy.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:24 AM   #70
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:

Well maybe you need to do a little more research

Quote:
NHRA has outlined the classes in which sport compact racers can compete in the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series and NHRA Summit Racing Series.

Sport compact racers in the Pro RWD, Pro FWD, Modified, and Hot Rod classes can compete in the Competition Eliminator category. All Motor racers can compete in the Super Stock category effective Jan. 1, 2009. Both categories are part of the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series, the premier Sportsman series in drag racing.

Drivers in the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series compete for national and divisional championships, and select categories are showcased at NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series national events as well as divisional events around the country.

Racers who competed in the Sport FWD, Sport RWD, and Street Stock class can continue to race in the NHRA Summit Racing Series. The NHRA Summit Racing Series features a bracket racing format that allows drivers to compete on an equal basis against each other. NHRA Summit Racing Series Finals are conducted in each of NHRA's seven divisions, and winners advance to the NHRA Summit Racing Series National Championship held in conjunction with the NHRA POWERade season closer in Pomona. Both NHRA series are conducted at NHRA member tracks around the country.

All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote