Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: .
Camaro 0 0%
Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2010, 12:13 AM   #9213
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Very true

Have you guys heard any kind of ideas/rumors at the ford camp?
Only that road course performance, and frankly acceleration, of this car are good enough that life will become very uncomfortable for the existing GT500 when talking strictly about the numbers. Of course, numbers are only one part of the equation, but we all know how the net has brought on paper performance to a new level of importance and given that these cars are effectively rolling advertisements that matters.

My guess is that we'll either see meaningful improvement for the 2012 GT500 or the Shelby will take that model year off if things are as close as some say.
syr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #9214
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakekiller View Post
have you driven the boss? not to call you out, but your judging a car by the impression of the suspension, you were miss-informed about.

about the saleen, din't you say you modified the saleen?
It appears he never looked at it that closely and also he never read the specs sheet either.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #9215
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Rode Shotgun while my buddy test drove the 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 w/ 3.73s 6 speed manual transmission.

Very nice- good low end power. Scratches 3rd gear easily. Seemed nice.

He currently drives a 2008 Bullitt, and said he likes his car better. The power was nice, but the clutch was very odd (I tested the clutch) it was oddly soft,, softest clutch I have ever felt in my entire life. The electronic Steering was nice. Interior was nice.

He really wants a GT500, and said that he wouldn't compromise and get the 5.0.
Me personally, I can't afford a NEW GT500, so I would upgrade to a 5.0 most definitely,, but that clutch would take some getting use to.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #9216
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnvyTerra View Post
For some reason it seems as soon as a mustang outperforms a camaro it gets thrown to the 2 seater lightweight sportscar corvette? is that some kind of last resort counter-attack? come on guys let's keep it legit that doesn't make any sense and it's a cop-out.
I was just referring to which cars it should be compared to in the price range. I happen to think if it is a sports car and it costs the same as a vette it should be compared to it. Your mini van vs scooter argument is good for a laugh at best. I think that is absolutely fair. Sorry if you dont agree.

For you guys to still compare it to a regular SS if it were 10k cheaper would not be fair either. Is this a last resort counter-attack? give me a break man...maybe you think this is life or death (obviously if you are registered here as owning a camaro and do nothing but argue in the stangs favor day after day)...but I really dont care that much.

Americanmuscle11...you did a good enough job in your last couple posts that I dont dont need to say much else. In short...the camaro isnt as bad as you perceive it to be (and you seem to think it sucks I guess when it runs a course .1 second behind the Mustang GT)
If you fail to see the ignorance in your reasoning thats your problem....I am done arguing with you.

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 08-29-2010 at 05:13 PM.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:12 PM   #9217
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
Only that road course performance, and frankly acceleration, of this car are good enough that life will become very uncomfortable for the existing GT500 when talking strictly about the numbers. Of course, numbers are only one part of the equation, but we all know how the net has brought on paper performance to a new level of importance and given that these cars are effectively rolling advertisements that matters.

My guess is that we'll either see meaningful improvement for the 2012 GT500 or the Shelby will take that model year off if things are as close as some say.

How will it be close in acceleration performance to the GT500 with only a 30hp bump in performance?

I agree they could be close considering traction limitations. But a 440hp boss isnt going to touch a 550hp GT500 both hooking equal. They are ojnly 200lbs apart. Using the old rule of thumb it looks like the Boss would still be losing at the strip by almost a second.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:15 PM   #9218
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
How will it be close in acceleration performance to the GT500 with only a 30hp bump in performance?

I agree they could be close considering traction limitations. But a 440hp boss isnt going to touch a 550hp GT500 both hooking equal. They are ojnly 200lbs apart. Using the old rule of thumb it looks like the Boss would still be losing at the strip by almost a second.
Yes, but the reality is that the GT500 is drastically under-tired in stock form and as such is hard pressed to hook as well as it should without a change in rubber. The Boss obviously wont have this problem, at least not on the same level. In stock trim the Boss should be good for 2-3 tenths a second faster through the 1/4 than a standard GT is, and that should make for a best effort stock et in the 12.4-12.5 range at least. As fast as the GT500? No, of course not. Too close for comfort? I've been told SVT thinks so.
syr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #9219
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Again, 60k minivan vs 60k miata? if that makes sense in your mind than don't know what to tell ya.

2 seater aerodynamic sports car vs 4 seater blocky muscle car. yea that makes alot of sense
as for the other stuff I didn't compare regular ss to anything so not sure who you are responding to on that.

have a nice day i'm glad we had this talk.

It's a shame you and a handful of trolls ruin what could be a civil and informative thread for both sides.

When will the mods either lock this thing or take out the trash??
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:32 PM   #9220
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Again, 60k minivan vs 60k miata? if that makes sense in your mind than don't know what to tell ya.

2 seater aerodynamic sports car vs 4 seater blocky muscle car. yea that makes alot of sense
as for the other stuff I didn't compare regular ss to anything so not sure who you are responding to on that.

have a nice day i'm glad we had this talk.
again...I am not seeing how comparing fords only sports car offering...the mustang...to a corvette when and if they are equally priced is very strange at all. They have compared the Gt500 to the corvette many times....nothing new here and Im not sure why you are so worked up about it LOL.

You didnt compare the regular SS to anything huh....well then what are you talking about with "counter attack" comments and us camaro owners making excuses etc. if your comments werent directly related to how the Boss performs in relation to the current camaro.

And im still not seeing how minivan vs miata has any relation what so ever. The mustang isnt that far behind the corvette LOL.

Thanks for the talk.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #9221
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
I say we start drug testing.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #9222
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
I've already explained why your comments don't make sense. (but you won't see that)
I will just leave it at that you can re-read it all you want.

cliff notes: TWO DIFFERENT TYPES OF CARS.

good talk.
Fair enough.

I still disagree with you...I dont fail to see anything. I dont care if they are two different types of cars they can still be compared.

CLIFF NOTES....it has already been done and several main stream mags found it acceptable to compare them...in other words...PEOPLE WHO COMPARE CARS FOR A LIVING THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA. That holds a little more merit than because envyterra said so.

Good talk.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #9223
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
You remind me of that other guy who got banned. He also claimed to own a Camaro.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:05 PM   #9224
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
I don't own a Camaro and I don't own a Mustang, but both are currently in the running for my next new car. However, if some of the members posting in this thread this thread are any indicator of the types of owners of either car I will be interacting with on the web or in person in the future, maybe I should be looking at something else.
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:56 PM   #9225
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
You remind me of that other guy who got banned. He also claimed to own a Camaro.
We can only hold out hope that the same fate awaits this troll as well.
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:12 AM   #9226
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
Yes, but the reality is that the GT500 is drastically under-tired in stock form and as such is hard pressed to hook as well as it should without a change in rubber. The Boss obviously wont have this problem, at least not on the same level. In stock trim the Boss should be good for 2-3 tenths a second faster through the 1/4 than a standard GT is, and that should make for a best effort stock et in the 12.4-12.5 range at least. As fast as the GT500? No, of course not. Too close for comfort? I've been told SVT thinks so.
The Boss should dive into the low 12s with a competent driver.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video