Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-06-2014, 12:19 PM   #15
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
Very interesting...

http://afepower.com/shop/application...p?&brandID=140

JT
Team STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #16
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
If they are coming back they need to make good with the customers and vendors they left hanging and screwed over. Loved their products but did not like their businesses practices or ethics.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:42 PM   #17
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
If they are coming back they need to make good with the customers and vendors they left hanging and screwed over. Loved their products but did not like their businesses practices or ethics.
I agree, but I would guess that a good deal of the ugliness was out of their (Pfadt family) control.

I've seen investment groups/bankers in action before those bastard can be heartless...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #18
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I agree, but I would guess that a good deal of the ugliness was out of their (Pfadt family) control.

I've seen investment groups/bankers in action before those bastard can be heartless...

Possibly but it still falls on Pfadt. Several people never got the parts they paid for or a refund. Some vendors gave refunds to customers but got stuck with the bill so to speak. It's up to Pfadt to regain customer and vendor respect and have their name be valued, respected and trusted again. What about the tons of us who bought parts that had warranties but got left out in the cold?
Old 11-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #19
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Possibly but it still falls on Pfadt. Several people never got the parts they paid for or a refund. Some vendors gave refunds to customers but got stuck with the bill so to speak. It's up to Pfadt to regain customer and vendor respect and have their name be valued, respected and trusted again. What about the tons of us who bought parts that had warranties but got left out in the cold?
Like I said, I agree with you. I just think odds are the "End of Pfadt" didn't go the way the name sakes would have liked. I always got the impression they were/are stand up guys. I would be surprised and dissapointed if they didn't make some kind of attempt to fix the mess that was left.

I have no alegiance to them other than I own a set of their headers.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:47 PM   #20
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
F YA
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 02:50 PM   #21
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Like I said, I agree with you. I just think odds are the "End of Pfadt" didn't go the way the name sakes would have liked. I always got the impression they were/are stand up guys. I would be surprised and dissapointed if they didn't make some kind of attempt to fix the mess that was left.

I have no alegiance to them other than I own a set of their headers.

I am not disagreeing with you just simply stating what they need to do to try and get back in good graces with everyone. Until that happens and fully stand behind their products I will never buy from them again.

I have their coilovers and sway bars. I tried getting the sway bars and camber plates through them but after a few months of getting the run around I decided it was best to cancel my order and find another solution. Luckily the coilovers shipped right away and have been problem free so far. That was a few months before they closed. Luckily I got my money back and found a set of used sway bars from a C5 member and new end links in stock from a vendor. The camber plates are being produced by other companies so I have an alternative options for those like the solid sub frame bushings I got from another vendor.

I wish them the best but until they make up for what happened, a lot of folks will refuse to do business with them like me.

Last edited by CHMSC; 11-06-2014 at 08:19 PM.
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 02:53 PM   #22
tw78911sc

Drives: 14 1SS Camaro 1LE, NPP, Recaros
They should have launched a different company name, but I bet they wanted what brand recognition is still there. BMW is a tuff market, people will pay more, but with that comes high expectations and there are many companies that have worked on nothing but BMWs for over 30 years, people are brand loyal to Turner, H&R, Dinan, etc... I was lucky to get a set of rear trailing arms just before they bailed, they are real nice, stainless steel, beautiful welds
tw78911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:54 PM   #23
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
In 1969 a company called AMF, known for making things like bowling balls and sports equipment, bought Harley Davidson. Intense competition from Japanese makes had greatly reduced H-D's market share and forced them to sell to raise capital.

Over the next 8 years, AMF proceeded to slash the work force and reduce the quality of the product until Harley was the butt end of every joke in the motorcycle industry and on the verge of bankruptcy.

In '77, thirteen guys came up with $80 million (if you bought the initial stock offering, you are smarter than me!) and bought the company back. The rest is history- and a really unbelievable come-back story.

I say "Good for you!" to Pfadt for not taking the money and reducing the quality and good name of their product. Hopefully there is a way for them to make amends with those past customers that got short changed, but refusing to "sell out" these days is a rare thing that is to be admired and supported IMHO.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:37 AM   #24
2012InfernoSS

Drives: 93GMC sierra stepside/ ctsv3
Quote:
I am not disagreeing with you just simply stating what they need to do to try and get back in good graces with everyone. Until that happens and fully stand behind their products I will never buy from them again.

I have their coilovers and sway bars. I tried getting the sway bars and camber plates through them but after a few months of getting the run around I decided it was best to cancel my order and find another solution. Luckily the coilovers shipped right away and have been problem free so far. That was a few months before they closed. Luckily I got my money back and found a set of used sway bars from a C5 member and new end links in stock from a vendor. The camber plates are being produced by other companies so I have an alternative options for those like the solid sub frame bushings I got from another vendor.

I wish them the best but until they make up for what happened, a lot of folks will refuse to do business with them like me.
So you got the parts you ordered and the parts you didn't get you received a refund? and your crying about them doing you wrong..
2012InfernoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:47 AM   #25
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012InfernoSS View Post
So you got the parts you ordered and the parts you didn't get you received a refund? and your crying about them doing you wrong..
Did I ever say I was crying? NO. I know several people that were left hanging and I was almost in the same situation. So hence what I said , they need to get back in good graces with a lot of folks before we will buy their parts again.

If you want to buy their parts feel free to do so.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:17 PM   #26
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
Pfadt is coming back. There will be a lot more info coming in the next 30-45 days but they should have the capacity, both in terms of manufacturing and capital, to not end up in the same situation as before. They will continues to serve the GM performance platforms but are also expanding into foreign applications as well.
Well hope to get more info soon.

As for the people that got screwed when Pfadt went bust before, that seriously sucks big time. Not sure what can done. Maybe we will learn more in time.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:25 PM   #27
MaxKamai
Mad Ninja Skills

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6
Spoke with Aaron at SEMA. They were set up at the AFE Booth. I did a double take and almost walked by it. He said they plan on being up and ready to distribute by the beginning of the new year. He said nothing would move forward until they felt comfortable that they could meet the demand. All their previous line will be available (they had the Camaro Featherlights and Johnny O'Connell Corvette components on display). Can't wait. They make some of the best quality/functioning suspension components I have come across.
Custom stainless 2" primary headers / Custom stainless 3" header back exhaust / Hurst short shifter / ZEX nitrous kit / Vararam intake / Spohn chrome moly trailing arms / Sin City Performance Tune / SCP custom ground cam / SCP ported & polished heads

New Car 2007 Corvette Z06 - Headers / Vararam / Magnaflow Catback / SCP Tune / Nitrous / BTR Stg IV Cam and Springs
MaxKamai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:27 PM   #28
MaxKamai
Mad Ninja Skills

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6
P.S. Their web sight is back up
Custom stainless 2" primary headers / Custom stainless 3" header back exhaust / Hurst short shifter / ZEX nitrous kit / Vararam intake / Spohn chrome moly trailing arms / Sin City Performance Tune / SCP custom ground cam / SCP ported & polished heads

New Car 2007 Corvette Z06 - Headers / Vararam / Magnaflow Catback / SCP Tune / Nitrous / BTR Stg IV Cam and Springs
MaxKamai is offline   Reply With Quote