Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-10-2014, 10:35 AM   #29
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxKamai View Post
Spoke with Aaron at SEMA. They were set up at the AFE Booth. I did a double take and almost walked by it. He said they plan on being up and ready to distribute by the beginning of the new year. He said nothing would move forward until they felt comfortable that they could meet the demand. All their previous line will be available (they had the Camaro Featherlights and Johnny O'Connell Corvette components on display). Can't wait. They make some of the best quality/functioning suspension components I have come across.
With them bringing their full line back, I wonder what that does for the plans/patents Apex bought and are currently selling.

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #30
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
COOOOOOOOOOOOL! I'm buying there coilovers right away just in case. I was ready to pull the trigger and then they were gone.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:17 PM   #31
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
COOOOOOOOOOOOL! I'm buying there coilovers right away just in case. I was ready to pull the trigger and then they were gone.

I know that feeling. I was wanting them also, and then they were gone.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #32
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Great to hear. Just Their rear Arms and bushings made a load of difference with Wheel Hop. Well made

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 02:16 PM   #33
krusher

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman1349 View Post
With them bringing their full line back, I wonder what that does for the plans/patents Apex bought and are currently selling.
I was thinkin' the same thing!!!
krusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:32 PM   #34
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
I wish them the best and hope everyone they dealt with gets squared away. Love their products! Thanks to them and CFFestII, I have been hooked on road tracks ever since! Maybe that was a bad thing... Certainly costs a lot of money, but the thrill per dollar is worth it.

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:40 PM   #35
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Great, I have a set of the last Spherical radius bushing and I took them off for track duty only and am now using Z28 front arms in place. The second they come back I am ordering tons of Spherical radius bushings just in case.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:15 PM   #36
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotroost View Post
I wish them the best and hope everyone they dealt with gets squared away. Love their products! Thanks to them and CFFestII, I have been hooked on road tracks ever since! Maybe that was a bad thing... Certainly costs a lot of money, but the thrill per dollar is worth it.
Same here, I was hooked on the road course after Phoenix.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:30 PM   #37
superdrummer38

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Huh! Pfadt Coming Back?

I'm just going to leave this here...good read.
http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...fadt-back.html
A lot more went on then everyone realizes. Looks like Pfadt is banned in the CorvetteForum. Wonder if the same went on here?
superdrummer38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 03:08 AM   #38
SS Blinder

Drives: 2011 SS (Sparrow Spearer???)
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrummer38 View Post
A lot more went on then everyone realizes. Looks like Pfadt is banned in the CorvetteForum. Wonder if the same went on here?
thank you for opening my eyes
Old 11-13-2014, 08:21 AM   #39
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
it was an entertaining read. Not sure I got anything worthwile from it, but it was entertaining.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:47 AM   #40
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrummer38 View Post
Wow! I read the whole thing. Let me summarize... Lots of folks disappointed with Pfadt and a few supporting them. Complaints about forum censorship covering for Pfadt. Some of the same things we see here on Camaro5.

If you don't bother reading the whole thread you should at least read this post from one of the CorvetteForum admins... http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...post1588237367 ... very enlightening.

Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:50 AM   #41
krusher

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM
Has anyone on the camaros had similar issues? I have only heard a few instances about the featherlights leaking which happens, but this sounds like they happen all the time, and I don't think I have heard of a major issues with their sways on camaros.
krusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #42
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by krusher View Post
Has anyone on the camaros had similar issues? I have only heard a few instances about the featherlights leaking which happens, but this sounds like they happen all the time, and I don't think I have heard of a major issues with their sways on camaros.
I've been on their lowering springs and ZL-spec sways for a couple of years. My only complaints are...
  • The spherical joints on the front sway bar end links got noisy (clunking) after about a year. I replaced them with much nicer links from Detroit Speed.
  • Both front and rear sway bar bushings are hard to keep quiet (creaking). Lubing via the zerk fittings doesn't get the lube all the way around the bars. I have to take the bushings off from time to time to lube them manually.
Otherwise been happy with them.

Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote