Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #15
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
For a second when I read the title and saw who posted the thread. I thought you're car was back in the body shop again.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:55 PM   #16
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Article says it was flipped in the air and then went thru the back window. I can't see how that's possible moving forward. Unless maybe it stuck up front somehow and body slammed thru the back
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:31 PM   #17
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Poor thing. :(

A doe got hit on our main road once, but it was still alive and it's head was looking around at the cars passing by. One of our neighborhood cops took his patrol car and parked it right infront of the deer so no one else would hit it. He then called out a vet to come put it down. :( Poor thing.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #18
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor626 View Post
I know they're a menace, but I honestly feel bad for them. It's not like they know what's going on, they're just scared shitless. This is really sad.

Btw, look at its right upper leg. It looks like some bone is visible. Ewwwwww!
What chu' talkin' 'bout, bro? That deer's wearin' a prosthesis! This ain't his first time 'round.
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #19
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG_TiMe View Post
everyone else is harsh...theyre living creatures too
Overpopulated living creatures that don't have natural predators to keep them in check any longer. So WE have to step in and hunt them to keep them in check. And we get some tasty deer sausage for our efforts
Old 10-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #20
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Deer whistles (do they work?)
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:43 AM   #21
TooManySS's

Drives: Jedi Mind Trick
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Deer whistles (do they work?)

No they work just like headlights do.
The deer stop to figure out what the noise is.

Yes, at one time men were hunters and gatherers.

Haven't seen one in quite sometime now.

Now we have weekend warriors who tell their wives their going to the hunting camp. What is hunting camp, a drinking and drugging hole where the only person to get a deer is the one that runs out to get the beer when it runs out and hits one.

Rifles and guns that shoot OH MY GOD feet per second holding multiple pieces of ammo that can be fired in succession without ****ing.
Bow's, multiple pulleys, razor sharp tips, they even have broad heads now with spot lasers in them.

Blinds, special smelly crap, camo etc etc etc.

Indian, bent tree branch, branch sharpened into arrow, our forefathers, single shot not to accurate a weapon and both came home with deer otherwise they starved and we wouldn't be here.

Yeah I use to hunt then it got very unsafe to do so and I spent more time running people off our land claiming to know the owner and he said it was OK to hunt there. Last time I went hunting with a buddy of mine, we were setup ON MY LAND near some thickets were we had all ready done the homework and knew each day the deer passed and my buddy took a arrow in his thigh just about 2 inches from Mr Nuts. Guy said he looked like a deer, I didn't know deer wore orange vest and a orange hat. We knew the guy was coming, made enough noise to wake the dead with his party of 4 pushing MY FIELD and by the time he was near enough and I spoke up to get him to leave, my buddy was all ready cussing in 10 languages!!!
TooManySS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:55 AM   #22
CAPT D

Drives: 1SS Black w/ White Strips M6
For some reason that sceen from Tommy Boy just popped in my head.
CAPT D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:09 AM   #23
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPT D View Post
For some reason that sceen from Tommy Boy just popped in my head.
Classic!
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:51 AM   #24
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManySS's View Post
No they work just like headlights do.
The deer stop to figure out what the noise is.

Yes, at one time men were hunters and gatherers.

Haven't seen one in quite sometime now.

Now we have weekend warriors who tell their wives their going to the hunting camp. What is hunting camp, a drinking and drugging hole where the only person to get a deer is the one that runs out to get the beer when it runs out and hits one.

Rifles and guns that shoot OH MY GOD feet per second holding multiple pieces of ammo that can be fired in succession without ****ing.
Bow's, multiple pulleys, razor sharp tips, they even have broad heads now with spot lasers in them.

Blinds, special smelly crap, camo etc etc etc.

Indian, bent tree branch, branch sharpened into arrow, our forefathers, single shot not to accurate a weapon and both came home with deer otherwise they starved and we wouldn't be here.

Yeah I use to hunt then it got very unsafe to do so and I spent more time running people off our land claiming to know the owner and he said it was OK to hunt there. Last time I went hunting with a buddy of mine, we were setup ON MY LAND near some thickets were we had all ready done the homework and knew each day the deer passed and my buddy took a arrow in his thigh just about 2 inches from Mr Nuts. Guy said he looked like a deer, I didn't know deer wore orange vest and a orange hat. We knew the guy was coming, made enough noise to wake the dead with his party of 4 pushing MY FIELD and by the time he was near enough and I spoke up to get him to leave, my buddy was all ready cussing in 10 languages!!!
Ouch! Yeah I can't stand when people trespass on others' land, no respect these days. Hope those idiots that shot your friend at least lost their hunting license, if not some steep fines/jail time.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:20 PM   #25
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
what if it was a terrorist deer on the attack against humans? maybe thats why they always launch themselves in front of our cars and they just stand there and give us that stare.. "i aint gonna f***** move".
Old 10-21-2011, 04:34 AM   #26
TooManySS's

Drives: Jedi Mind Trick
Hunting is a dangerous sport as far as laws apply.
You participate you take the risk etc.

The people involved got a trespassing charge and find as such.
The shooter who got my buddy had to take a hunter safety course and that was only because I went basaltic for more.

A later suit got my buddy 3 days of pay for missed work and his copays paid for. It was like $2700 and the guy walked away and can do it again!!
TooManySS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:00 AM   #27
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManySS's View Post
Hunting is a dangerous sport as far as laws apply.
You participate you take the risk etc.

The people involved got a trespassing charge and find as such.
The shooter who got my buddy had to take a hunter safety course and that was only because I went basaltic for more.

A later suit got my buddy 3 days of pay for missed work and his copays paid for. It was like $2700 and the guy walked away and can do it again!!
jeez... well i hope the idiot at least learned his lesson after all that.