Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-30-2014, 07:57 PM   #29
CJ1034

Drives: 2012 ZL1 IOM Manual
Hi, let me introduce you to Mr. Paragraph!
CJ1034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:36 PM   #30
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefusingDanger View Post
There is a very key difference between a criminal court and a civil court, that being, the burden of proof. Working in a law firm, I am sure 5GenJordan is aware his situation would fall into a civil case. This means there only needs to be a preponderance of evidence not evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. That is to say that a reasonable person would come to the conclusion based on the custom plate, posts on C5, deleted posts, edited posts that the person who owns the car in question is in fact 5GenJordan and that there is a better than average chance he did make modifications which would void his warranty. Civil courts are not as bone (cut and) dry as we would like to think. Consider OJ Simpson...not guilty in criminal court but in civil court he was guilty. Often times alleged is enough in a civil court.

That makes sense. thx
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:59 AM   #31
speedygonzales

Drives: 99 z71, 2012 2SS
Come on man.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Speedy, his reply will surely be entertaining.....I can't wait..
There will be no reply. He will go hide. He knows what he has done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdgen3 View Post
Dude...you were totally running a 150shot... you said so in this thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330588

I basically called you an idiot for running your car untuned on a 150 shot and now I see you went back and edited your post.

I bet the dealer read your posts before you edited them, didnt they?
There you have it folks, did it. Tried to cover it up and got caught. End of story.

Quote:
Who goes back and edits post from a three month old thread? Someone with something to hide.
Nough said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
I believe he did what speedy posted, but dont see how it would stand up in court...I dont know not being a lawyer, but the fact that im anonymous means I can post I did anything on here but doesnt mean I actually did it..Hey yall, I just made a drop in cambodia with a team of seals and we kicked butt and got home in less than an hour.......even pics are easily photoshopped now.

I would think the burden of proof is on the dealer/GM. Simply whats posted on here shouldnt be legally conclusive should it?

Is there some legalize in the contract stating if you post on a forum it will be held as factual?

I know the social media trends are gray and evolving still, just not thinking that posts on here alone would be grounds for voiding his warranty...now if they had pics of him dragracing or he admitted verbally to the dealer AND they had these posts for example, that would be different, but just posts on here? Thats what I question.

Any straight up lawyers on here that can comment?

***Not that I disagree with Speedy, I would think that he most likely did it, just looking at the bone dry legal aspect.

***Also Ive always had a policy of posting nothing on the web period that isnt completely innocent, at least to the best of my ability. Ive even cautioned people who post stuff like vin or other identifying items on here, just because you arent doing something now doesnt mean you might not do something meaningless like put a CAI on later, and GM drops your warranty then...just an example...like Mozzy always says..its always alleged unless the statutes of limitations have run out.....

***Course that all comes down to weather you want to take it to court or not, and if they fly some high powered lawyers down who can get the rulling they want regardless of fault.

As a side note..its been repeatedly stated there is no way to hide that you have had a tune.....yet in his statement the dealer suspects he had a tune.....how did he hide the tune from the dealer?
Doesn't matter, it won't go to court. If they open up the engine, there will be all the proof they need.

NOTE: Now that we know he did nitrous, we also know he dropped the cylinder not from souping but rather cylinder pressure and he has a cracked piston at the ring lands. One of the major reasons I will NEVER use nitrous. Even on an engine built from the ground up for nitrous. Much less a stock engine. Can you say dumb ass?

Quote:
Working in a law firm, I am sure 5GenJordan is aware his situation would fall into a civil case.
My original post was being nice. He doesn't work in a law office. Not unless he's the janitor. Did you read his first post? Looks like a grade school kid wrote it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5genJordan View Post
Just be aware guys of who you deal with.

Last edited by speedygonzales; 03-31-2014 at 03:31 PM.
speedygonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:54 AM   #32
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
@speedygonzales....DUDE U ROCK!!

first off i want the fifteen minutes of my life back from reading the OP's original thread...and yes i am a slow reader.... dude use paragraphs or bullet points or something man ...i am sure ford will be happy to void your warranty for nitrous also.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:21 AM   #33
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
Dude, quit throwing useless money at it and go get it tuned before you blow it up and GM tells you tough titty
From the other thread.....looks like Jamie Mac is a fortune teller!
Old 03-31-2014, 10:33 AM   #34
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
From the other thread.....looks like Jamie Mac is a fortune teller!
He probably thought like many do, "I can just demod my car and they will never know".
Old 03-31-2014, 11:01 AM   #35
Zerort

Drives: 2014 AGM Camaro 1LE, 2SS, RS 3/25
Guy acted like such a bada$$in his threads too. LMAO.

Get a clue too, there are too many daily driven 10 sec cars running around either.
Zerort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:46 AM   #36
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Here's the thing. Many of you bought into OP's posts. Its kinda sad how many believe everything they read on the internet. I applaud you all for calling him out....but from the first couple lines I could tell it was BS......and I wouldnt give him the benefit of responding. Like they say, Hell, this dude may not even actually own a Camaro.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:01 PM   #37
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Subscribed.
Some people are just stupid. Post trail of Modifications.. Nitrous Trail of posts that were all edited 3/13 lol..

If you've got money to Mod you've got money to fix. Kind of wish people would legally get in trouble for trying to miss use warranties such as in this case.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:44 PM   #38
ss1letx

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
In my mind if you got the money to spray then you better have the money to fix it. I had a old 2001 WS6 with the LS1 and i tuned it myself for spray and went one heat range colder on the plugs and never had a problem with 100 dry shot being sprayed in front of the mass air flow. Big difference for me was i tuned it for the spray and I had money sitting there ready to replace the heads and pistons if i ever killed it. Now i never had a problem and back then I would use a bottle a week at least for about 1 year before i sold it and had no loss of compression that i also check every month.

My point is you got to pay to play and you better have the money to fix it when you kill it.

Last edited by ss1letx; 03-31-2014 at 01:35 PM.
ss1letx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:10 PM   #39
Sp00ner

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
...and when the next guy, who actually didn't lie right to the dealer's face, goes in to that same dealer with a legit complaint, the first thing they'll think is he's lying just like the last guy.
Sp00ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:29 PM   #40
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Here's the thing. Many of you bought into OP's posts. Its kinda sad how many believe everything they read on the internet. I applaud you all for calling him out....but from the first couple lines I could tell it was BS......and I wouldnt give him the benefit of responding. Like they say, Hell, this dude may not even actually own a Camaro.
I really didn't, I played along and saw the direction it was headed in his replies and I just decided the best thing to do was to thank him for the heads up and leave it be....
Old 03-31-2014, 01:37 PM   #41
serows1

Drives: Blue Ray 2SS
Nice job on the investigation Speedy!! I've worked at Chevrolet dealerships for almost 20 years now and I've only seen one instance where it's been suggested to GM that a warranty be blocked.

They had to have overwhelming evidence to support their theory, GM doesn't waste any of it's legal teams time screwing around with guessing and hearsay.

Paul
serows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:43 PM   #42
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Drives: Lots ;)
I have a feeling this post is going to viral; just sayin
GTPprix is offline   Reply With Quote