Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 09:43 PM   #99
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Where your logic doesn't hold is in the electronics of the pedal is a built in delay electronically. The throttle controller seems to have a built in lead to offset the delay giving you a faster ramping signal to the ecm. No matter how fast you smash the throttle the signal is delayed internally without the throttle controller. These type of controller are used to compensate for sluggish actuators on many type systems.
Lol think about what you just said. Why would GM go through the trouble of building in a delay between the pedal sensor and the ECM? What purpose could that possibly serve? That literally would serve no purpose at all. Anyone who truly understands electronics and signal generating signals will tell you that you pulled that out of thin air. Even the vendor doesn't claim that it does that.

"It's a device that plugs to your Gas Pedal harness and has a wired remote that allows you to fine tune the way your Throttle responds."

PER THE VENDOR'S OWN WORDS it just adjusts the sensitivity.

Having a built in delay would serve no purpose and there is no such function of the gas pedal sensor on the 5th gen. Even if it did have anything like that, a device like this that is installed INLINE LOL would not obviate that function. You would need entirely new pedal sensors.

If you can point me to a delay in the factory GM sensor in FACT I'll retract everything I said.

Don't worry I'll wait LOL because you aint finding that anywhere.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:44 PM   #100
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Yes, there seems to be a builtin delay on the throttle peddle signal to the ecm. The controller eliminates the lag significantly.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:44 PM   #101
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
We can keep arguing for days and neither one will be able to prove if he's right or wrong.

Have you ever tried any of the available Electronic Throttle Controllers on the market before ? or maybe you've tried one that simply amplified the Voltage signal and nothing else.

You're quoting what others have said on other forums.

I will not reveal any details or try to convince you that our new Controller works or not because You already have your own personal opinion about this Controllers and I respect that.

You're saying that "Poor response is due to worn out engine components" so how can you explain the big difference felt on a brand new 2014 L99 engine without any "Worn out engine components" ?

"Thus the only way to increase throttle RESPONSE is to modify ENGINE components"

WRONG ! On a Drive-by-Wire system, you can do that many different ways! A simple Tune or modification on the electronics responsible for sending the Gas pedal signal to the Throttle Body sensor and that's simply what we did.

The new Corvette C7 has something very similar that controls not only the Throttle response but also the suspension.... It's called: "Driver Mode Selector" Do some research.

The Ferrari has built also their own "Throttle Controller" with a switch right on their Steering wheel !

The McLaren P1 : Different Modes selector on the center of its dash.

Many other Sports cars manufacturers have implemented these "Tricks or we should say SCAMS" to fool their buyers.

Should we call all these Car Manufacturers: Scammers !

Are there customers happy with the results ?

This is what counts !
Old 09-29-2014, 09:48 PM   #102
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Throttle response:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Throttle_response
Quote:
Most new cars are equipped with a drive-by-wire system. Throttle response is often affected badly by this and drivers feel a noticeable delay when quickly changing the position of the gas pedal. This may be either caused by faulty components, which if a very frequent reason (sensors, ignition), it may be intentional by design (lazy engine developers, decreasing emissions by not allowing an old engine design to do anything harsh), or by emission controls engaging in the process.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:53 PM   #103
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yes, there seems to be a builtin delay on the throttle peddle signal to the ecm. The controller eliminates the lag significantly.
Bro look at the stupid thing its installed INLINE from the pedal sensor harness to the pedal sensor. In other words, look at where it goes in, right into the pedal and then right into the wire/harness that was going into the pedal, hence INLINE.

So you're telling me, by putting wires in between that, that this imaginary built in delay is now gone?

Based off fundamental electronic construction that is impossible.

To delay a signal you would need a type of controller and to bypass that type of controller you would completely need to eliminate that device from your inline circuit. This device is just attached onto the existing wire structure.

Put more simply, if there was a delay, you would be removing something and putting this controller in place of that. Instead you are just adding this piece in and taking nothing off.

Hopefully put in these simple terms it makes sense.

There is NOOO delay built in lol
Old 09-29-2014, 09:58 PM   #104
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Can we just move on? I see your point. How about DarkneSS you start a discussion thread and lets discuss this there. Each side, if they choose, can submit facts/opinions as needed...

Thanks...
Old 09-29-2014, 09:58 PM   #105
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon670 View Post
We can keep arguing for days and neither one will be able to prove if he's right or wrong.

Have you ever tried any of the available Electronic Throttle Controllers on the market before ? or maybe you've tried one that simply amplified the Voltage signal and nothing else.

You're quoting what others have said on other forums.

I will not reveal any details or try to convince you that our new Controller works or not because You already have your own personal opinion about this Controllers and I respect that.

You're saying that "Poor response is due to worn out engine components" so how can you explain the big difference felt on a brand new 2014 L99 engine without any "Worn out engine components" ?

"Thus the only way to increase throttle RESPONSE is to modify ENGINE components"

WRONG ! On a Drive-by-Wire system, you can do that many different ways! A simple Tune or modification on the electronics responsible for sending the Gas pedal signal to the Throttle Body sensor and that's simply what we did.

The new Corvette C7 has something very similar that controls not only the Throttle response but also the suspension.... It's called: "Driver Mode Selector" Do some research.

The Ferrari has built also their own "Throttle Controller" with a switch right on their Steering wheel !

The McLaren P1 : Different Modes selector on the center of its dash.

Many other Sports cars manufacturers have implemented these "Tricks or we should say SCAMS" to fool their buyers.

Should we call all these Car Manufacturers: Scammers !

Are there customers happy with the results ?

This is what counts !
You have not addressed anything I said. If what I said was open for argument or easily refutable you would be easily able to post facts and tear down my argument. The fact that you cannot refute what I said says everything.

So I'll ask the questions you do not want to answer since you want to play it that way.

What does your device do to the signal being sent out of the pedal sensor to the ECM? How does it modify that signal?

Does your device reduce the amount of time the ECM takes to send a signal to the throttle body sensor?

Does your device reduce the amount of time it takes for the pedal sensor to send a signal to the ECM?

I already know the answers but this should make it more clear to your buyers on what this booster actually does.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #106
Nutbutt

Wow, ever heard of lead lag compensators ? Basic electronics. Have you opened the side of the pedal ? There is circuitry in there. Simple resistive capitative circuit will cause a delay.
The could be done to simply trim sensitivity to make car more drivable to average person.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:03 PM   #107
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Quote:
Wow, ever heard of lead lag compensators ? Basic electronics. Have you opened the side of the pedal ? There is circuitry in there. Simple resistive capitative circuit will cause a delay.
The could be done to simply trim sensitivity to make car more drivable to average person.
Bingo, I like the fact that 'I' can control/change the sensitivity to 'my' liking without resorting to having a 'tune' for it. If that is all it provides, then I'm happy with that. 'I' control the sensitivity -- that is what I was looking for. I know I can smash the pedal, but I don't want to do that all the time. I now have the option to set it and have it fit my personal taste.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:04 PM   #108
layzurguy
Ride On!!!!

Drives: 2012 SS Ragtop
Don't see any numbers down the track.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:06 PM   #109
Nutbutt

Thanks to jacfab here is the pedal module. Looks a lot like a resistive and capacitive circuit. Now why would they do that ?????
Old 09-29-2014, 10:08 PM   #110
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Okay I'll go off your own made up example. Made up because you have provided no technical analysis of the pedal sensor components showing a delay is built in. So ignoring THAT.

So you think the delay happens in the pedal sensor. Okay. So that means after the pedal is pressed a delayed signal is sent out of the pedal. So then it would go into this device. By your own logic, by the time the signal leaves the pedal it is already delayed.

If the signal has already been delayed, then how could this thing undelay it? A similar question would be if a train leaves a station late, how can we make it leave on time after it has already left late? Makes no sense right? In exactly the same way as your proposition does.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:13 PM   #111
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

So, for those of you who have it, what settings are you using? I found for my L99 with 3.91 gears and 400 RWHP, 6 is pretty good for me. > than that and its too sensitive -- will 'leap out' with very little press of the throttle -- like a bronco busting out of a gate...
Old 09-29-2014, 10:13 PM   #112
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
You get the exact same effect by just pressing your gas pedal down farther.
I was skeptical that this would be the case as well, and I can tell you that it's not.

I could STOMP my gas pedal before and get virtually no wheelspin. If I nail the gas with this device installed and set to 9 (or even 5), I get significant wheelspin.

It's doing more than just opening the throttle plate further with less pedal travel.

But believe what you want. How many people in this thread who've actually received this device are expressing disappointment? I guess we're all just fools, huh?
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting

Closed Thread