Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-13-2008, 06:04 AM   #85
chevys

Drives: 03 Mach 1
Ill say again. Price price price. Gouging stealers can go to hell! Its all ABOUT price.
chevys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:51 AM   #86
Grape Ape

Drives: 96 Bronco w/ a 5 speed
Too garish.

I occasionally see a 1st gen Camaro rag top parked at work and I think would be happy to drive that if it had the reliabilty and convieniences of a new car. Even with the stripes, it has classy lines and makes me think their is a guy with good taste who like old cars.

Last week I saw 08 BOSS Mustang last week that was dripping with stickers, badges, fake vents and assorted junk. I wouldn't know whether to grow a mullet or buy a clown nose if it were mine.

I already expect to catch a little grief from my friends, family & co-workers for buying a Camaro, especially since I did have a mullet (briefly) in jr. high. So if I can't get a Camaro that has a reasonably dignified retro/modern sport coupe vibe then I will have to start looking at the imports.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 02:41 PM   #87
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
I already expect to catch a little grief from my friends, family & co-workers for buying a Camaro, especially since I did have a mullet (briefly) in jr. high.
Don't feel bad. I did too. Late HS and a few years after HS.

What can I say, it was a popular style back then. LOL And it wasn't TOO bad, not overly long in the back. Just longer in back than on top.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:23 AM   #88
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3

There have been a lot of new members in the last few months, and a lot of new pictures, and soon we will have some concrete info. So I'm reviving this thread from the dead.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:43 AM   #89
Srixon

Drives: '77 Suburban
If they dont offer cloth interior with the SS. i like my skin to breathe... jk.

Deal breaker.. uhmm.. if they ake the new headlights UTTERLY shitty. forgive the french.

I dont think gas mileage will do anything.. i drive a '77 Burban.. were for gas! muahaha 8 mpg!
Srixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:50 AM   #90
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
^well damn even an H1 would be an improvement for you but the nice thing about headlights is that even if people don't like the production ones i'm sure some company will make concept style headlights
Old 06-23-2008, 01:02 AM   #91
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
INTERIOR.

for me, its that important.
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:08 AM   #92
BBfan24

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS
1) cost. biggest issue right there

2) color. but then again, this car looks great in all the colors i've seen on pre-pros

3) interior. i love the interior, don't get me wrong. it's just the seats. if leather is standard then i can't do it. i live in hawaii so sticking to the seats can become a problem
Old 06-23-2008, 08:07 AM   #93
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
1. Price - while we are assured that it will be priced competitively with Mustangs, I'm afraid the dealers are going to go apes**t with markups.

2. Power - My '05 GTO is rated (on paper, not dyno) at 400 hp. Wouldn't want to pay more for a car with less power, wouldn't make much sense. Generally newer cars have MORE power... GM making the base V8 Camaro less powerful than the LS2 GTOs would be a nonsensical move to me. But as long as they have the LS3 OR something equal or better no worries.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:59 AM   #94
z28collection
waiting for 5th gen

Drives: 99 z28 6 speed, 81 z28 auto
deal breaker

the only thing that would cause me not to buy would be the dealer trying to get 8 - 10000 more dollars over msrp. if they do that im gonna buy a 69 camaro.

http://www.myspace.com/ashleyjfowlkes
z28collection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:21 PM   #95
ToneyTone

Drives: 07' Sunburst Cobalt SS/SC
Weight issues would be a huge let down for me since the performance of the car would be affected.
ToneyTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #96
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Cost and option availability -- I want cloth interior, limited slip, 6 speed manual, sunroof/t-tops/any kind of opening roof, and pretty much nothing else, with the DI V6; and it's going to have to be cheap. There's no way that list, or even the base model with no options, is going to be cheap enough unless I start making some more money. :(

Interior layout -- No matter how much I love the car, if my elbows are at the wrong height or my knees are knocking against the console, I'm going to be miserable in it.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:23 PM   #97
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
deal breaker. . .that don't make the car.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:48 PM   #98
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
reading through this thread, a lot of you are very picky...I don't want to quote anyone, but damn...settle down folks...will the car be fast? YES! will the top dog be expensive? YES! will a sunroof and other toys be optional? ABSOLUTELY! everyone please keep in mind that GM is getting better at offering what the public wants. I don't believe leather will be standard in anything but the SS's and Z28's. We have greatly improved our cloth interiors to not have the "tiger stripe" look anymore.

As far as a deal breaker goes...I can't think of anything...teh car seems to be everything I want/need.
Chevyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote