Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #1
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Effect of oil prices on the ZL1

I am curious what everyone thinks. Analysts are going crazy now because of the turmoil in Libya and are claiming that oil prices could reach $240 a barrel which would likely mean a price at the pump of just under $10 per gallon.

I personally think that it is a lot of overreaction at this stage of the game. I do believe oil prices are going to go up significantly due to this, however I'm expecting more in the range of $5 per gallon maybe $6 at most.

However the question is that if gas prices do sky rocket, do you think it would effect GM's decision to release the ZL1? Would it stop you from buying one? Personally things would have to get really really bad to stop me.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
We survived it in 2008 so even though high gas prices add to our everyday stuggles we will get through. Anyone who is a big fan and can afford a ZL1 isn't going to take gas prices into consideration so the dealers will still mark the ZL1 way up as planned. As for me if the gas prices climb upto $8.00 per gallon and up, I will just drive 1/2 as much, problem solved.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
There has never been peace in Libya, nor anywhere in the middle east... why would it affect gas prices anymore than usual. It sounds like liberal media "Oh No's" to me for a ratings boost...
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #4
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
There has never been peace in Libya, nor anywhere in the middle east... why would it affect gas prices anymore than usual. It sounds like liberal media "Oh No's" to me for a ratings boost...
It's just an excuse to f**k us on gas prices.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #5
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Every chance they get...

I think people who buy ZL1 don't care about the price of gas, though I see the point. I know it won't matter to me, because this ain't going to be my DD. I drive my truck pretty conservatively as it is, and I'll have $5/gallon gas, but we gotta' do what we gotta' do. I hate regulation, but how much do we have to get raped over stuff like this?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #6
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Attached Images

BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #7
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
It has nothing to do with "liberal" or "conservative". It has to do with TV/news media selling a product (air time, commercials, ads, etc.) to bring in money.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #8
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
It has nothing to do with "liberal" or "conservative". It has to do with TV/news media selling a product (air time, commercials, ads, etc.) to bring in money.
Please be careful with where this goes I don't know the intent of the message you're quoting, but I'm sure we'll get clarification. This won't get into a political debate though; they never end well. I kinda' see what he might be saying, but leaving "liberal" out would've been better.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #9
dave5514

Drives: 1998 Z-28 (SOLD)
Could care less, I am still buying it! I want my V8s so bring on the Dinos!
dave5514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #10
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Yeah to bad the DRILL HERE DRILL NOW group did not win huh
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #11
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
Name:  huh.gif
Views: 523
Size:  322 Bytes

I'm no conspiracy theorist, nor do I claim to be 'Will Hunting' but simple math is ....... well......... pretty simple.

If we had our own oil reserves flowing, we could be independent of foriegn oil.

Why have we not been pumping to do this?

Media? No, it goes deeper than media. It sure isn't the conservatives. It seems pretty simple to me.

We have a ton of ready, willing, and able men and women who would love to get on it. There would be NO shortage of companies willing to get on it.

Yet we don't.

There is a ton of money to be made in the private sector with alternative energies, and they will be discovered and refined. In the mean time it would be beneficial to us to get some of this debt down by DRILLING......... Less payouts, more taxes to be collected due to more revunue generated HERE in America. Plus MUCH less cost of goods and easier at the pump.

It's not the conservatives stopping this.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #12
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Yeah to bad the DRILL HERE DRILL NOW group did not win huh
Old 02-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #13
Z4me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
The ZL1 will still be produced regardless of the current or future prices of high octane gas.
I will still be purchasing this car regardless of the price of gas next year.

When its time to bury me make sure my ZL1 is my casket and it has a full tank of high test, just in case I feel like driving it in the after life .
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #14
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Attachment 209887

I'm no conspiracy theorist, nor do I claim to be 'Will Hunting' but simple math is ....... well......... pretty simple.

If we had our own oil reserves flowing, we could be independent of foriegn oil.

Why have we not been pumping to do this?

Media? No, it goes deeper than media. It sure isn't the conservatives. It seems pretty simple to me.

We have a ton of ready, willing, and able men and women who would love to get on it. There would be NO shortage of companies willing to get on it.

Yet we don't.

There is a ton of money to be made in the private sector with alternative energies, and they will be discovered and refined. In the mean time it would be beneficial to us to get some of this debt down by DRILLING......... Less payouts, more taxes to be collected due to more revunue generated HERE in America. Plus MUCH less cost of goods and easier at the pump.

It's not the conservatives stopping this.

times a FREAKING MILLION!!!!!!!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote