Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-21-2011, 12:13 AM   #1
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
DETROIT MUSCLE

This used to be the greatest city on earth:

Old 10-21-2011, 07:24 AM   #2
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I dunno if it was ever the greatest city on earth, but it was called the Paris of the west.

But yeah it's a shame that the city was so invested into one industry and when that industry started slacking off and forgetting about competitiveness everything went downhill. Grant it a lot of other major manufacturing cities have similar stories such as Gary, IN, Cleveland OH, etc...
Old 10-21-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
It's our own gov't policies that have led to the ruin of that beautiful city and others around the country. We've made it so hard for business's to operate they told the US to stick it and went elsewhere where people know the importance of strong business support.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #4
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Ain't beautiful or great anymore. A lot of bad decisions and laziness went into making Detroit a heap, from the average joe up corportate and government levels. Someone should buy out the city and enact the Delta City plan and rip the whole thing down and start over because Detroit is nothing but dump beyond repair.....
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:42 AM   #5
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMS1SS View Post
Ain't beautiful or great anymore. A lot of bad decisions and laziness went into making Detroit a heap, from the average joe up corportate and government levels. Someone should buy out the city and enact the Delta City plan and rip the whole thing down and start over because Detroit is nothing but dump beyond repair.....

Amen. Driving through Detroit makes me sick-- and sad. So many people living in third-world level poverty. People killing each other for no reason; just to do it. So many abandoned buildings and businesses. It was a beautiful city once. Now they need to burn it to the ground and just start over.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:44 AM   #6
TOMS1SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark5thGenGirl View Post
Amen. Driving through Detroit makes me sick-- and sad. So many people living in third-world level poverty. People killing each other for no reason; just to do it. So many abandoned buildings and businesses. It was a beautiful city once. Now they need to burn it to the ground and just start over.
I say that as a native of the city as well. I'm just glad I was able to leave when I did, Phoenix is so much nicer.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #7
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Quote:
I say that as a native of the city as well. I'm just glad I was able to leave when I did, Phoenix is so much nicer.
Yeah, my ex was from Detroit. I spent a lot of time there and in the thumb of Michigan. Many, many months. There are parts of Michigan that are simply beautiful (Mackinac island... the UP....) but cities like Flint, Lansing and Detroit just ruin it...

Old 10-21-2011, 08:54 AM   #8
TOMS1SS

Quote:
Yeah, my ex was from Detroit. I spent a lot of time there and in the thumb of Michigan. Many, many months. There are parts of Michigan that are simply beautiful (Mackinac island... the UP....) but cities like Flint, Lansing and Detroit just ruin it...
You just listed three places I've lived. Some of the suburbs of Detroit are nice like Canton, West Bloomfield and Novi. Outside of that I tried to get a job transfer to Traverse City, didn't work out because local economy took a dump....surprise....surprise....
Old 10-21-2011, 08:59 AM   #9
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Quote:
You just listed three places I've lived. Some of the suburbs of Detroit are nice like Canton, West Bloomfield and Novi. Outside of that I tried to get a job transfer to Traverse City, didn't work out because local economy took a dump....surprise....surprise....
Yeah I have some friends that live in the upscale suburbs of Detroit and they aren't bad at all. But downtown is a nightmare!

Ooooh, Traverse City

Old 10-21-2011, 09:03 AM   #10
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Look at the Michigan Central Train Station. What a sad site. That used to be a beautiful train station. Restaurant, pharmacy, you name it it had it. Now it is a symbol of what Detroit has become. It is so sad. As a kid we used to visit my aunt in Detroit all the time. I love those times. Not so much now.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:26 AM   #11
TOMS1SS

Quote:
Yeah I have some friends that live in the upscale suburbs of Detroit and they aren't bad at all. But downtown is a nightmare!

Ooooh, Traverse City
Yeah my brother in-law has a cabin up there that I could rent but the whole deal fell through with the job. It would have been nothing but Jet Skis and Go-Karts for this guy.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #12
TOMS1SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Look at the Michigan Central Train Station. What a sad site. That used to be a beautiful train station. Restaurant, pharmacy, you name it it had it. Now it is a symbol of what Detroit has become. It is so sad. As a kid we used to visit my aunt in Detroit all the time. I love those times. Not so much now.
Hey at least it was in the First Transformers movie.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #13
CAPT D

Drives: 1SS Black w/ White Strips M6
Gotta love cities in the rust belt. Detriot wasnt the only major city hit by urban decay.
CAPT D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #14
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Maybe it is just me. Maybe it is because i have a fondness of it or because i lived in it for 30yrs. But it is still a great city that just needs some freshening up like any other old blue collar urban metro.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote