Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-29-2018, 11:29 AM   #1
bubbagumper6

Drives: 2010 LT RS
Power Steering Pump Shaft Thread Size

Anyone know the thread size & pitch for the power steering pump shaft? Mine is pretty rusty and I want to run a tap through it to clean it out so I can press the pulley back on all the way.

Thanks
bubbagumper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:03 AM   #2
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
I don't know the exact thread size.. But spray some WD-40 in first and use a pick to get debris out first before you thread anything in the pulley stem...You should be able to use a standard pulley removal kit that will come with a lot of thread choices etc.

I just used my old pulley tool kit I had for 10 years to remove a LFX power steering pulley and then put it back on. Use a universal kit so you'll have all the options/sizes etc. to choose from. The Camaro's are all standard/ basic( same as years prior on the pulleys).. I was able to get the pump pulley off and back on with no issues on my wife's Camaro..(thread post below on engine bay clean up)

On re-install I was able to press on 3/4 way with the tools but had to use the belt tension to assist to stop the spin while pressing it back flush the remaining 1/4 to flush it up pulley to stem end.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:22 AM   #3
bubbagumper6

Drives: 2010 LT RS
Thanks for the info. I had already removed the pulley just fine but was having issues reinstalling it because of the cruddy threads. I ran a tap into it and it pulled out a ton of rusty gunk. After that the installer threaded in no problem.

For reference the thread size is 3/8 x 16.
bubbagumper6 is offline   Reply With Quote