Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2018, 11:50 AM   #1
hebytz
 
hebytz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 LS Ashen Gray Metallic
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: NY
Posts: 11
Odd Ticking from passenger side.

Anybody have or heard of an odd ticking coming from passenger side? It's a very faint ticking and sounds like it's coming from speaker area or seat maybe?
hebytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:19 PM   #2
Rob Russell
 
Rob Russell's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro SS L99
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Baytown, TX
Posts: 62
Is it whenever you first start your car for the day? My car will be started for 3-5 minutes and itíll start as a slow tick then rapidly pick up and stop after about 5-10 seconds. If thatís the noise youíre talking about.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:41 PM   #3
hebytz
 
hebytz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 LS Ashen Gray Metallic
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: NY
Posts: 11
Video of noise...

https://www.facebook.com/adam.cowles...6587227122323/
hebytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:42 PM   #4
hebytz
 
hebytz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 LS Ashen Gray Metallic
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: NY
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Russell View Post
Is it whenever you first start your car for the day? My car will be started for 3-5 minutes and itíll start as a slow tick then rapidly pick up and stop after about 5-10 seconds. If thatís the noise youíre talking about.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, it's about 70% of the time. Sometimes louder than others. Can can be in motion or stopped.
hebytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:49 AM   #5
Rob Russell
 
Rob Russell's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro SS L99
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Baytown, TX
Posts: 62
Truthfully, that almost sounds like an exhaust leak... from what I can hear in the video... unless you have some loose change somewhere. Have any LT headers or any exhaust work done?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:23 PM   #6
hebytz
 
hebytz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 LS Ashen Gray Metallic
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: NY
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Russell View Post
Truthfully, that almost sounds like an exhaust leak... from what I can hear in the video... unless you have some loose change somewhere. Have any LT headers or any exhaust work done?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It does have an aftermarket exhaust. Just drives me nuts, last time I brought it in to have it looked at nobody could hearit as it's only noticeable like 70% of the time. I can go for a week without hearing it...
hebytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:08 PM   #7
Rob Russell
 
Rob Russell's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro SS L99
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Baytown, TX
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by hebytz View Post
It does have an aftermarket exhaust. Just drives me nuts, last time I brought it in to have it looked at nobody could hearit as it's only noticeable like 70% of the time. I can go for a week without hearing it...


If you get a lift, get up underneath around where the sound is coming from and move your hand area the piping. If you feel any air (leak) then it may just be as easy as having the pipe welded or as bad as you running something over and it damaging your pipe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:03 AM   #8
hebytz
 
hebytz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 LS Ashen Gray Metallic
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: NY
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Russell View Post
If you get a lift, get up underneath around where the sound is coming from and move your hand area the piping. If you feel any air (leak) then it may just be as easy as having the pipe welded or as bad as you running something over and it damaging your pipe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, will check it out this weekend.
hebytz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.