Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 11:09 AM   #43
Heliwrench

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by green man View Post
And they are quick to point out how crappy the British cars are too, in fact they did a whole episode on how crappy their manufacturing techniques were.

It's all a shtick, they are entertainers not journalists.
Which is why the show is so popular. It's not the usual dry review of a vehicle showing storage space and mpg. Their reviews hit on the points that people who are interested in the car, are going to be interested in.

Just watch past episodes with american cars. The viper review Clarkson did, he stated many times the car was complete crap build wise but he had tons of fun in it. He loved it. The ZR1 too, he's quick to point out the plastic bits and what not, but he'd buy it over an R8 which is built way better.

Whichever way this Camaro review goes it will be entertaining and I'm sure there will be a ton of tire smoke.
Suspension: BMR Trailing Arms and Bushings, FE6 Swaybar Conversion With Pedders 27mm Front and 32mm Rear ZL1 Swaybars and Links
Chassis: Hotchkis Chassis Max Brace, BMR Pro Cradle Bushings
Exterior:: Shine by Adam's.
...and plenty more
Old 07-09-2010, 10:48 PM   #44
ObseSSed

Drives: 2SS/RS M6 RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliwrench View Post
Whichever way this Camaro review goes it will be entertaining and I'm sure there will be a ton of tire smoke.
That's what I want to see - a ton of smoke. You know it can deliver too.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:43 AM   #45
vsound

Drives: 2LT RS Camaro: RY w/ Black Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
clarkson sold his GT because it kept on breaking down.
The article I read by him said that the GT didn't actually break down, but the security system kept malfunctioning by going off in the middle of the night, and also by thinking he was stealing his own car when he was driving it.

Still, he was sad to see her go. I would be, too.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #46
rawj7
U.S. ARMY Aviation Mech

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS 6 Speed
This is by far my favorit TV show, It's deffinetly has NO compition, our (USA) car shows pale in comparison. I cant wait to see it unforntuatly I will have to wait a year to see it because COX is a year behind.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #47
liquidfire350

Drives: 2010 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by green man View Post
Need to download the torrent, go to finalgear.com...this torrent should be up Monday night.
to hell with monday, i downloaded the 2nd episode from that site at about 8pm sunday night
2001 Pontaic Grand Prix GTP
2006 Suzuki GSXR-1000
2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNN
Tifa's breasts were unavailible for comment.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #48
rawj7
U.S. ARMY Aviation Mech

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidfire350 View Post
to hell with monday, i downloaded the 2nd episode from that site at about 8pm sunday night
I went to that site and couldent get the torrents to work, I guess I will have to wait
Old 07-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #49
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Considering how they bashed the ZR1 recently i can just not wait.
sure
Old 07-10-2010, 11:09 AM   #50
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Guys remember when our cars sell over there they usually double the price and sell it in British pounds or Euros which happen to be way more. Anyhow I would not be surprised to see the camaro SS MSRP 50-60 thousand quid. So the argument for price for what you get compared to the Mercedes that has 100 hp and a higher quality of finish might not me so great. Anyhow I'm sure their will be plenty of buyers to snatch them up for large profits for GM.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #51
305pride

Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
i love this show. they are so funny. for all of you guys saying they hate american cars and stereotype alot, you have to realize that this is more of a comedic show than anything lol and not take them soo seriously.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:07 PM   #52
v8power

Drives: Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305pride View Post
i love this show. they are so funny. for all of you guys saying they hate american cars and stereotype alot, you have to realize that this is more of a comedic show than anything lol and not take them soo seriously.
So true, it's part of the British sense of humor. They don't just make fun of the "Yanks," they make fun of other towns in England because they have the wrong football team! Or they don't have the same accent. Jeremy goes on about the Corvette being plastic, but you know deep down he loves it. They have loved the GTO/Monaro, Holden Commodore (Vauxhall VXR8, Pontiac G8), Jeremy even owned a Ford GT.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #53
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Actually...watch the episode where they drive the CTS-V, ZR1 and SRT-8 Challenger from California to the Salt Flats. They start the episode bashing the cars and by the end of if they are raving about it. In fact they sum it up saying "We came to America to see if they finally made a muscle car that is suitable for the civilized world. The answer is no....they made 3"

Similarly look at the episode where he compares the ZR1 to the Audi R8. They say the Audi is the better car (which is impossible to argue against) but that the ZR1 is way more fun and has a soul and passion that the R8 can't match. They even go on to say that if they were picking between the 2 they would get the ZR1 for that very reason.
I saw that Audi episode. It speaks volumes about bias. They like a refined driving experience but prefer the fun of the "primitive" Corvette.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 07-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #54
tangorover

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT Summit White
Top gear is pretty huch hung up over the fact that the Camaro is really a Holden platform that is sold as a family car in the UK so this WONT be favorable. BUT It sure will be fun :-)
Old 07-10-2010, 06:13 PM   #55
Chronomaro

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS/SC
Their bias is kind of deceiving them, considering their love of Astons and Jags. Both are/were owned by Ford, so just as many "colonials" had their hands on them as brits. Volvo is the same way, and Clarkson loves his XC90. Somehow I'm not sure he will once the Chinese start making them.

I'll definitely watch it. No other show like it. Even the Australian version is lacking somehow.

On another note, I wonder what James has to say about the Dacia Duster this week.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #56
Noturday
[Not-your-day]

Drives: 2005 Avalanche
from the looks of that picture, if they're supposed to be following the curved lines the camaro is doing a way better job of it than the benz, you can tell by the tire tracks in the water that the benz was in between the lines right before that shot. should be interesting to see though, if only it were on BBC america

Closed Thread