Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-16-2019, 11:56 AM   #1
rgrmoreira13

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Intercooled tube for a procharger

So I’m finally getting my parts installed
However I have a Holley sniper efi intake manifold and a NW 102mm TB
Getting a new tube fabricated to have it reached. Do you guys have any pics of a custom fabricated pipes to have it reach?
Attached Images

TSP Stage 2 Boosted Cam 227/235 at 114 LSA
Fore Innovation Triple pump staged (Walbro 342 primary and 2x Walbro 450 secondaries)
Procharger D1x with a 3.85 pulley
ID1050x Injectors
Flex Fuel Sensor
Monster LT1 Twin Disk Clutch
Holley Sniper Efi Intake Manifold
NW 103mm Boosted TB
747rwhp at 12psi on E85
rgrmoreira13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:10 AM   #2
rgrmoreira13

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
So nobody has gotten anything fabricated to get it to work ?
I just wanted to see who else have done it as well.

TSP Stage 2 Boosted Cam 227/235 at 114 LSA
Fore Innovation Triple pump staged (Walbro 342 primary and 2x Walbro 450 secondaries)
Procharger D1x with a 3.85 pulley
ID1050x Injectors
Flex Fuel Sensor
Monster LT1 Twin Disk Clutch
Holley Sniper Efi Intake Manifold
NW 103mm Boosted TB
747rwhp at 12psi on E85
rgrmoreira13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:41 PM   #3
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
It's going to be the same basic concept as stock, or a procharger/vortech, or a turbo install. You will need to have on hand a few different pieces of straight, 90*, and possibly a couple of other angles.

You measure, cut, test fit and tweak. Once final fitment is determined, it gets welded together or use couplers.

When I installed a bigger radiator with an AGP, I could no longer run the piping under the corner of the radiator to the intercooler inlet because there was no longer enough room. I ended up mimicking the driver's side piping where it goes on the outside of the car's frame. I got luck and didn't have to weld anything. I used couplers to hold everything in place. I had to use couplers because of where the unions ended up I would not have been able to use a single piece because it would have been impossible to get in place.

If you have never installed an AGP "snake" you won't necessarily understand.

You're just going to have to get some piping and get to work.

ETA: I have no pics of the piping alongside the frame but here are pics of the car with a Holley Hi Ram. In all three you can see the piping on the passenger side going up and over the frame rail.
Attached Images

blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 05:41 PM   #4
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
It's going to be the same basic concept as stock, or a procharger/vortech, or a turbo install. You will need to have on hand a few different pieces of straight, 90*, and possibly a couple of other angles.

You measure, cut, test fit and tweak. Once final fitment is determined, it gets welded together or use couplers.

When I installed a bigger radiator with an AGP, I could no longer run the piping under the corner of the radiator to the intercooler inlet because there was no longer enough room. I ended up mimicking the driver's side piping where it goes on the outside of the car's frame. I got luck and didn't have to weld anything. I used couplers to hold everything in place. I had to use couplers because of where the unions ended up I would not have been able to use a single piece because it would have been impossible to get in place.

If you have never installed an AGP "snake" you won't necessarily understand.

You're just going to have to get some piping and get to work.

ETA: I have no pics of the piping alongside the frame but here are pics of the car with a Holley Hi Ram. In all three you can see the piping on the passenger side going up and over the frame rail.

Hey man, what radiator is that in these pics? Potentially looking at upgrading my factory radiator, and that one looks like a serious piece of kit. You happy with it?
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:30 PM   #5
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
It was made for me by Wizard Cooling out of NY. It had (2) 14" Spal PWM fans on it. It REALLY moved some air.

It definitely lowered my coolant temps at low speed/idle. It wasn't cheap. I can't remember the total price but with fans, wiring, all accessories, shroud (everything needed for install) it was a little over $2000.

The stock radiator and fans were pulling air through an intercooler, AC condenser, and stock radiator.

The PWM fans moved serious air. I wish I could remember the temp difference it made. I can't remember actual numbers but there were no worries at all, even in the summer heat.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 03:51 PM   #6
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Thanks for the info. I'm seeing some high temps in my setup after a procharger install and trying to research options...this is probably going to get more expensive than I initially thought, but I guess that's the way it goes hahaha
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote