Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-30-2010, 03:51 AM   #3711
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by bws_82 View Post
If you lived in Southern Illinois you would understand why i have to have braces. Its also the reason why i dont have GFX either.

We have potholes, big enough to hide small dinosaurs in. lol You may laugh, but its true.
Bushing are a must i agree completely!!

When i started this i knew i would get deep with it (deep pockets i mean). I wanted to build everything first and then add the power. We all know that a car with a stock suspension and 600rwhp will look cool spinning the tires, but have no traction what so ever. Im not a guy with a lot of money, but just a guy who saved for his dream car and i still have to save and plan to be able to have exactly what i want.

Originally i thought buying the braces would be more important, but the farther i go, i realize just how right you are Mike.
Ive thought about the bushings for awhile now and want to be able to get what i need rather than what i can afford. I still have a lot to purchase when it comes to the bushings, but i figured thats something that can wait a little while. The car has 4000 miles and most of that is all highway.

My theory is: if i can get away with using the stock bushings for now, that'll give me a chance to save up for some good quality bushings.
So i get everything i want from LPE with some good suspension parts to get me by for now and i will upgrade later. This is not a road course car or a daily driver. Its one that will be used on an 1/8 mile a lot along with some aggressive street driving.
The stock bushings are not gonna hold for long i know that!! Maybe i just need someone to talk me into pulling the trigger on a complete bushing kit.

Please PM me Mike if you have any idea's that could help my build stay built due to the way and where i'll be driving it most of the time.

Thank you for the great input Mike,
Brandon
Under no terms do you need bracing. Can control assist you? ABSOLUTELY. But the added control is thru bushings and not to reinforce the body. Again, there is a reason the Camaro is so heavy. The body is built rather outstanding.

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:06 AM   #3712
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
Thanks Mike! This whole thing is new to me. I dont think ive ever bought any suspension parts for any of my past vehicles. Unless of course it was a part that had broke.

Im now at the point to where im saying: "Dam i wish i would have known then what i know now". The funny thing is that i keep saying that when it comes to this car. Its starting to become an expensive lesson learned thats for dam sure!

Well lets get this ball rolling man....... let me know my options
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:05 AM   #3713
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2010 View Post
Before I got my new rotors and brakes my stock ones were squeaking like crazy. I wish I was cruising around a bit more!! It won't be long now though.
I can't wait until your car is done - your car was awesome and will be even better with the new power!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 BADSS View Post
UH OH BWS, I can see the moditis setting in already!! Beware, cuz it really is an addiction. Of course we are here for you brother! We can't cure you because we all have it bad too, but we can egg you on, offer support, and get more ideas for ourselves.

Speed, can't wait to see and hear more pictures and stories once you get those new rotors in action.
I can't wait also - I haven't been driving around much as the squeeking brakes really annoy me. I will have it back tomorrow though

Quote:
Here's what im working on right now and it all should be done around the first week of Sept. (the week i get home from the Afghan)

LPE 650 with some extra goodies of course
Pdaft Sway Bars
Pdaft Rear Trailing arms
BMR Toe Rods
Hawk Ceramic pads
Richmond 3:73's
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace
Hotchkis Chasis Brace
Pedders Coilovers
Modulare 3pc custom wheels (first ones to be put on a Camaro of this particular design)
MSD Ignition Wires
ARH with Hi-Flow Cats
315 NT05's on the rear with 275's on the front
LED DRL's
LED's all around including interior
Custom floor mats
5% Tint
NLP Spoiler
Gorilla Locks
Custom painted bowties, tail light benzels and Camaro emblem under the hood
Painted Gill's
ADM Boost Gauge
Hendrix HD Axles
Corsa Exhaust
Blackout tint and clear armor
Mixture of Pfadt and Pedders bushings

and a few other things still to buy, but everything listed above has already been purchased and sitting at the house.

Some things are already done, but some of the bigger parts of the build start on Monday July 5th!!
The Camaro ships to LPE around the 20th of July (deposit already placed)

I cant wait to see some #'s! (not my bank account numbers.... ive been trying to refrain myself from looking, because once i look i may have to stop )

You've all helped me out a lot on this and i appreciate it very much!
That is an awesome list!!! You are going to be very happy when you get back. I will be watching your build to see what I would like my 650 package to look like when I upgrade

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #3714
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Your 5th Gens were designed and built to not need structural bracing. Have you all seen these pictures? Take a look at ZETA II, the BEST most structurally sound Camaro ever built. This is a performance car with the structural guts to back it up.

There are benefits to the Camaro having roots out of Holden in AU. I have a real 5th Gen Camaro. It is a 2004 Pontiac GTO. It has almost 50K of typical Pedders abuse from drag strip to autocross to road course and Michigan pot hole abuse. It does not have body squeaks or rattles. The 6th Gen Camaro is my four door Pontiac G8. It is more structurally sound than the GTO. with 30K on the clock the story is the same -- squeak and rattle free. My 7th Gen Camaro, the 2010 to the rest of the world is more structurally robust than the G8.

The 2010 is not perfect, but is is a very well built automobile. How well do bushes work? See for yourself.

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:30 AM   #3715
se7en

Thank you very much! Im anxious thats for sure.

Im adding some things to the package that should make for some very interesting number's.

I'll keep you updated
Old 06-30-2010, 09:34 AM   #3716
se7en

Ive never seen these pics before Pete, but thanks for posting them. I wish i was able to access you tube right now, but i cant. Very Interesting

Im looking forward to hearing whatcha got for my build.

Thanks Man,
Brandon
Old 06-30-2010, 09:54 AM   #3717
JusticePete

Quote:
Ive never seen these pics before Pete, but thanks for posting them. I wish i was able to access you tube right now, but i cant. Very Interesting

Im looking forward to hearing whatcha got for my build.

Thanks Man,
Brandon
Two words: SUPERCAR COILOVERS
Three more words: SEX on WHEELS

Old 06-30-2010, 10:09 AM   #3718
se7en

Three words for you: BUSHINGS my BUILD?

Old 06-30-2010, 10:24 AM   #3719
JusticePete

Quote:
Three words for you: BUSHINGS my BUILD?

Your Pedderised Build
LPE 650 with some extra goodies of course
Hawk Ceramic pads / For intense track use use Cobalt Friction XR1 front and XR3 Rear. They are almost magical.
Richmond 3:73's
Modulare 3pc custom wheels (first ones to be put on a Camaro of this particular design) Rim widths?
MSD Ignition Wires
ARH with Hi-Flow Cats
315 NT05's on the rear with 275's on the front
LED DRL's
LED's all around including interior
Custom floor mats
5% Tint
NLP Spoiler
Gorilla Locks
Custom painted bowties, tail light benzels and Camaro emblem under the hood
Painted Gill's
ADM Boost Gauge
Hendrix HD Axles
Corsa Exhaust
Blackout tint and clear armor
Pedders Justice Kit
164086 SportsRyder Supercar Coilover 1
CAMAROSOLUTIONC 27mm F & 32mm R bars & 4 links 1
EP1167HD Zeta HD Differential Mounts 1
EP1201HD Camaro HD Rear Sub Frame Repl 1
EP2112 Zeta Steering Rack/Pinion Mnt 1
EP6577 Camaro Front Radius Rod Bush 1
EP7264 Zeta Rear Lower Control Arm In 1
EP7322 Camaro Rear Upper Control Arm 1
EP7323 Zeta Rear Trailing ArmToe Link 4
PDUSACAM2800 Camaro Complete Brake Hose Kit 1
PDUSACAMFULL Camaro Full Alignment Kit 1

Your Pedderised LPE will be ridiculous.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #3720
se7en

Very nice!

But im not using the car for a road course and i already have Pedders coilover's along with trailing arm bushings, toe rod bushings and sway bar bushings.

I just need the essentials for the drag. I for sure want the dif bushings along with all the front control arm bushings, but i dont think i need the entire kit.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:58 AM   #3721
se7en

Sub-frame bushing sound good to!!!

They are all important i know that, but i just need the essentials for right now
Old 06-30-2010, 10:58 AM   #3722
JusticePete

Quote:
Very nice!

But im not using the car for a road course and i already have Pedders coilover's along with trailing arm bushings, toe rod bushings and sway bar bushings.

I just need the essentials for the drag. I for sure want the dif bushings along with all the front control arm bushings, but i dont think i need the entire kit.
Sub-frame bushes, radius bushes or inserts and sway bars to you parts collection and you should be good to go.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #3723
se7en

I already have Sway-Bars, but can you PM the price of the Sub-frame, Radius bushings and alignment kit please?
Old 06-30-2010, 03:18 PM   #3724
JP superior solutions

Drives: Car Enthusiast
Good Afternoon,

Below are the prices for the Sub frame bushings, radius rod bushings and alignment kit.

EP1200 (Sub Frame Inserts) - $255.88
EP1201 (Sub Frame Replacements) - $462.50
EP1201HD (Heavy Duty Sub Frame Replacements) - $565.50

EP6578 (Radius Rod Inserts) - $78.27
EP6579 (Radius Rod Bushing) - $101.63
EP6577 (Heave Duty Radius Rod Bushing) - $204.55

PDUSACAMFULL - $287.36

Pedders Camaro Webstore

If you need any more information, please feel free to contact me at:

Jacie Clapper
P: 248.522.8021
Email: Jacie@peddersusa.com