Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 04-12-2019, 07:06 PM   #1
80blue4

Drives: Corvette
NEW CAMARO & FIREBIRD FACT BOOKS

I have been a silent observer on this site for quite a few years. Now, I am happy to announce that two new 4th Generation F-Body fact and reference books are currently available on Amazon. They are entitled:

“All 1993-1997 Pontiac Firebird Colors, Codes & Quantities”
and
“All 1993-1997 Chevrolet Camaro Colors, Codes & Quantities.”

For 1993-97 Camaro & Firebird enthusiasts who live outside the United States, the books will be available on your country’s Amazon site, such as Amazon.ca (Canada), Amazon.de (Germany), Amazon.es (Spain), Amazon.co.uk (United Kingdom), Amazon.fr (France), Amazon.it (Italy), etc. You can simply order your book from your country’s Amazon website and thereby pay a much lower shipping fee since your book will be printed in (or near to) your country. Depending on your purchase, shipping is often free. The books will always be in the English language. To view the books, please click these links:

1993-97 Camaro:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15..._bibl_vppi_i10

1993-97 Firebird:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...t_bibl_vppi_i8

For all my automotive books, including the 1982-92 Firebird, see my Amazon author page (please scroll to see all books):
https://www.amazon.com/Robert-Casey/...ne_cont_book_1

SPECIAL RECOGNITION
It would be nearly impossible to complete such books without the assistance of experts who have been mainstays of this website and others. I acknowledge and would like to send a sincere thank you to the ones who spent time speaking with me on the phone, emailing me, and/or texting. Their contribution of primary source documentation, including data reports and photographs, helped fine tune some of the facts.

THE BOOKS
These well-researched reference books have four major sections:

Section #1: Primary Source Information: How to identify your car’s SPID labels, VIN, build sheet, invoice, LT1 engine stamped ID codes, and, other labels and documents. These are “primary source documents” which provide details about your car and will tell you exactly how the car was built at the factory. This information is vital when selling or buying a Firebird or Camaro.

Section #2: Production Totals: For each year, for each model, 1993-1997. This is the bulk of the book’s information. I am not aware of any other book which has the 1993-97 breakouts for each model’s color, engine, and transmission. Selected RPO quantities are for each model, for each year.

The exterior color and interior color combinations are noted for each model by auto or manual transmission. For example, the 1993 Z28 had two choices of 6-speed manual transmission. How many Purple Pearl 1993 Z28s had the M29 6-speed with the GU5 rear axle and the Graphite cloth interior?

The 1994 25th Anniversary Edition Trans Am GT coupe production was not 1,750 units. How many more were built and where were they delivered?

Information in this section includes Powertrain breakouts for each model for each year (How many 1995 Z28s or 1994 Formulas had M30 with GU5 rear axle? How many had M30 with GU2?).

Also included are breakouts for Camaro CC1 T-Tops by model, exterior color, and transmission. Firebird CC1 breakouts go an extra step and are by interior color, as well.

Compnine information was used for the exterior / interior color combination totals. Compnine data is considered “incomplete” for some years, especially the 1996 Firebird models, but that is not entirely correct. Only the Compnine “matching” totals are not complete. The Compnine database actually does have all production VINs associated with the 1993-97 Firebird models and Camaro models. This is explained in the book.

Section #3: Discussion Section: Several of the special model Camaros/Firebirds are quickly discussed, including:

Camaro: 1LE, LT5 cars, B4C, 1993 Pace Car, 1996-97 LS1 & LB9 Test Cars, SLP SS, 1997 30th Anniversary Edition, 1997 Brickyard 400 cars (1996 race and 1997 race), and more.

Firebird: 1LE, LT5 cars, SLP Firehawk, SLP Comp TA, 1994 Trans Am GT, WS6 Ram Air, 1994 25th Anniversary Edition, and more.

Due to page-count limitations, these “articles” are limited to two pages. In reality, some of these special models should have their own books!

Section #4: Appendix: Includes a complete listing of all generations (1967-2002) of Firebird colors and (1967-2002, 2010-2018) Camaro colors, as well as their GM paint code (WAxxxx); all 4th Gen Firebird and Camaro calendar-year monthly production totals (compare monthly Firebird production to monthly Camaro production); complete 4th Gen engine suffix, carburetor, and throttle body codes; confirmation of actual 1996 Firebird production totals by model (Compnine’s “matching” totals do not include total production); and more.

These books can be updated quite easily as additional primary source data is verified.

The goal of these two F-Body reference books, as is the goal of all of my automotive books, is to compile and present in one publication the mound of data that is oftentimes cryptically presented in primary source documents, habitually scattered across the internet, and always deeply buried in the pages of online forums. I believe that information and/or data should not be kept hidden from automotive enthusiasts. This reference book gives everyone the opportunity to understand their own 1993-97 Firebird and Camaro, and perhaps arm them with useful knowledge when a purchase, or sale, is imminent.

Enjoy!

Best,

Robert Casey, automotive author
80blue4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 10:58 PM   #2
peterpar

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
This same author has just published a new book covering the 1998 through 2002 Camaro model years. These are invaluable reference materials if you're into build facts. Here's a link to Amazon where it can be purchased. https://www.amazon.com/1998-2002-Che...5847897&sr=8-2
peterpar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fact books, reference books, totals